Photo

What's next? I am guessing a region book like suns of fortune..

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#1 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:48 PM

What's next? I am guessing a region book like suns of fortune..
What region do you think for edge and what region for AoR as it should be a region book for them too...

#2 Midnight_X2

Midnight_X2

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:57 PM

If I was to bet I'd say Fantasy Flight will detail Hutt space with their next region book. Note that this would not be my first pick for places to provide source material for; however, it makes the most sense for Edge of the Empire. That and I've seen Hutt space come up on the message boards quite a few times in discussions for future sourcebooks.

With the wonderful detail and creative descriptions of "Suns of Fortune" I'm sure the next region book will not only impress but be quite useful. I wrote a 40+ episode campaign armed with "Suns of Fortune"; it's full of hooks and ideas just waiting to be expanded on.

In terms of what I'd like to see, that's a tough one. I think a region book covering the Outer Rim territories, or specifically the Arkanis Sector (containing Tatooine, Geonosis, and 30+ other systems) would be great for a EotE campaign setting. There's just so many worlds to sow seeds on, seeds that can blossom into epic adventure...

#3 Ineti

Ineti

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:59 PM

I'm hoping for a Smuggler book sometime around the holidays, personally.

#4 RogueCorona

RogueCorona

• Members
  • 935 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

EOE Hutt Space, Mandalorian Space, or Corporate Sector

AOR: Mon Calamari space, Bothan Space, or the region Contruum is in perhaps. Maybe a separate Corellian AOR book though I doubt that will be AOR's first region book. I was shocked that they made a Corellian EOE book rather then a joint EOE/AOR Corellian book given how closely Corellia is tied to both the fringe and the Alliance.

• BrashFink and Midnight_X2 like this

#5 Midnight_X2

Midnight_X2

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:50 PM

EOE Hutt Space, Mandalorian Space, or Corporate Sector

Right on, I forgot about Mandalorian space. A sourcebook on the Mandalor Sector would be epic.

#6 RogueCorona

RogueCorona

• Members
  • 935 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:13 PM

Yeah a lot of starfighter models commonly used by fringe and underworld groups are made by Mandalmotors and a Mandalorian Space sourcebook would be a great reason to expand the Mandalmotors GCW era capital ship inventory.

Though many of the Mandalmotors Fringe Starfighter models are widely used by the Hutt organizations so they could easily appear in a Hutt space sourcebook as well.

#7 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,624 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:16 PM

I'm thinking an EoE splatbook and a regional sourcebook are the other 2 likely candidates for the rest of the Q4 releases.

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#8 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:37 PM

Well based on past history we have
Beyond the Rim for Edge(Adventue) then Enter the Unknown(splat book), then suns of fortune(Region), then Dangerous Covenants(Splat) then Jewel of Yavin(Adventure) the Far Horizons(Splat) Then ? Region is next on the list.Then Adventure Then Splat.

Arda 1 (Adventure) Stay on target(Spat) ? Region would be next.

At least if they are following a pattern.

#9 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:23 AM

I really want a sourcebook on Hutt Space. I'd be happy with the Corporate Sector too.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#10 Spraug

Spraug

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:27 AM

Beyond the Rim for Edge(Adventue) then Enter the Unknown(splat book), then suns of fortune(Region), then Dangerous Covenants(Splat) then Jewel of Yavin(Adventure) the Far Horizons(Splat) Then ? Region is next on the list.Then Adventure Then Splat.

(bold by me)

My interpretation would be:

Region - Splat - Adventure - Splat

Because every second book seems to be Splat and in between alternating Adventures and Regions.

My favourite regions would be Hutt space (sorry Maelora: again Furry convention with Gamorreans, Nikto and ... something - maybe Pa'lowick?), followed by Seswenna sector (Tarkin family estate) or Elrood (which they won't do, becasue it's old WEG). Personally,  I can do without Mandalorians, but I see the demand there.

For AoR they'll either invent a new sector, or don't feature a sector as such but a couple of independent systems as "Rebellion hot spots" or something similar, I would guess.

(ed. spelling)

Edited by Spraug, 29 August 2014 - 02:27 AM.

#11 Krieger22

Krieger22

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:45 AM

I really, really wish they would finish with the career splatbooks for EotE before moving onto more adventures or region sourcebooks.

• Raistlinrox likes this

#12 DanteRotterdam

DanteRotterdam

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:58 AM

I really, really wish they would finish with the career splatbooks for EotE before moving onto more adventures or region sourcebooks.

Why? Is it taking too long for you already?

I think the schedule they are keeping is pretty remarkable...

#13 segara82

segara82

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:57 AM

I currently wait for 3 diff. sourcebooks that sooner or later should come out:

Hutt Space, we all know that they are among the biggest players in the underworld.
And unlike Black Sun and such they control their own part of the galaxy. Lots of ground to cover (no pun intended).

Corporate Sector, should be fun to run between those corps especially for those of us that play(ed) SR.

Imperials, so far the infos on them both as a potential employer and as enemies is somewhat lacking, not to mention i do not want to pay for the full AoR CRB just to get the stats of their vehicles and gear. Yeah, i'm a cheapskate.

To be fair a 4th one should be made about the Rebellion in the same way as it is made for the Imps. They too can be both employer and enemy depending on your groups play.

Edited by segara82, 29 August 2014 - 05:58 AM.

Courage is the mastery of fear - not the absence of fear

#14 Col. Orange

Col. Orange

• Members
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:22 AM

Nothing new, I know, but I'd bet on Arkanis or Hutt Space being next region books for Edge of the Empire.  Kinda bums me out though.  While we were playing EotE* either would've been great.  That arc depleted all interest in interacting with Hutts or visiting movie sets - I want to see some new vistas.

* We're playing (and enjoying) a more up-beat AoR game, now.  I have no feel for the military history of Stah Wars so I've no idea where would be a good region book for that line.

Edited by Col. Orange, 29 August 2014 - 08:00 AM.

• Midnight_X2 likes this

What's written above is meant with love

#15 ElfSpeaker

ElfSpeaker

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:35 AM

I have good reason to believe that the next region book will be Hutt space.

#16 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 994 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:53 AM

I want to see some new vistas.

Same here. I'd like to see a sector created entirely by FFG from the ground up - something gaming groups can call their own, without any external canon concerns (not that I care too much about such things, but I know that many do).

New planets, new governments, new species, new vehicles, new creatures... I could see it being a gamble, but I'd be all over a book like that.

• Col. Orange, Midnight_X2, the-hypnotoad and 1 other like this

#17 Midnight_X2

Midnight_X2

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:00 PM

I want to see some new vistas.

Same here. I'd like to see a sector created entirely by FFG from the ground up - something gaming groups can call their own, without any external canon concerns (not that I care too much about such things, but I know that many do).

New planets, new governments, new species, new vehicles, new creatures... I could see it being a gamble, but I'd be all over a book like that.

FFG could use Lambda Sector, a hook from the West End Games days. We know it's controlled by Moff Par Lankin and we know that the Governor of the capital world, Rintonne, is Serdif Tount. Beyond that the numerous worlds of the sector are ready to be sketched out and expanded on. The Aqualish world of Ando is in Lambda Sector and can serve as a flashpoint for adventure.

Lambda Sector is not 100% new; however, there is just enough information to serve as hooks for writers (and GMs) to expand upon.

#18 That Blasted Samophlange

That Blasted Samophlange

• Members
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

A hutt space could work, but I think it would be better to focus on the kingpins or vigos.

A book that has multiple, and very powerful, criminal organizations would be better. Have hutts, black sun, zygerrian slavers, and the pyke syndicate. Species wise: falleen, Pykes and maybe zygerrian

Or do a warrior races book - mandalorian humans, kaleesh and kyuzo.
  • kaosoe likes this
You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point if EU.

#19 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:33 PM

So maybe a Criminal Organizations book. I know WEG did one and it is really good and useful.

• kaosoe likes this

#20 evanfardreamer

evanfardreamer

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:48 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hutt space as the next 'sector' book - they have centuries of history and many ties to the fringe/ underworld. Nar Shaddaa would be nice to see fully statted out to boot.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS