Book Binding

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#141 Godgolden

Godgolden

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:44 AM

I got an e-mail advising me they have run out of stock, and will supply me with one from the new print.

Boom!

Hopefully they will work out the serious production issue.

"But things are not as they teach us. For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky."

#142 andysyk1

andysyk1

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:23 AM

Yep got the same email.

#143 ifandbut

ifandbut

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:49 AM

Just discovered this topic because my group decided to give DH2 a try. My book is suffering from the same problems that many have posted and I just realized the problem the other day. I bought mine at GenCon but only skimmed it lightly until the past few days.

Where did you guys submit a request to get a replacement? I tried http://parts.fantasyflightgames.com/ but it comes up as "This webpage is not available".

Also, any idea when they will have new stock in?

#144 Rogziel

Rogziel

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 10:26 AM

Count me as another with a bad binding. Also it seems FFGs Damaged/Missing Pieces webpage is broken as well.

#145 Veruca

Veruca

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 10:45 AM

I just went through my book for the first time. Heavy creaking from the book, but that's to be expected from opening it a first time. All in all, it's in decent shape (so far), only noticed a weak part in the last section of the book, where the papers aren't as glued to the cover as the rest are.

I'll keep my eyes on it, but so far so good. My Onslaught at Arda I adventure book for Age of Rebellion had it worse.

DH 2e. is a gorgeous book, by the way. :)

#146 Keffisch

Keffisch

• Members
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:19 AM

http://parts.fantasyflightgames.com/ works fine for me by the way.

#147 unitled

unitled

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:46 AM

Received my replacement copy last week. Ran my first session and no signs of splitting or cracking so far.

Very happy with the service from FFG; aside from having it never happen in the first place, hard to know what more they could have done :)

• HappyDaze likes this

#148 Gridash

Gridash

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:32 AM

Count me as another with a bad binding. Also it seems FFGs Damaged/Missing Pieces webpage is broken as well.

Might have been temporary or a problem with a particular browser type/version.

#149 ifandbut

ifandbut

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:37 PM

I got the website working and submitted my request. Got an e-mail saying they cant send me a replacement until the reprint arrives. Hopefully my book does not fall to pieces by then.

#150 Rogziel

Rogziel

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:59 PM

http://parts.fantasyflightgames.com/ works fine for me by the way.

Yeah must have been a temp thing as it came up later in the day. I submitted my request and got an email back already.

• Keffisch likes this

#151 DeadManWaltzing

DeadManWaltzing

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:31 AM

Another with a poor binding, owning over 40 FFG books, I can honestly say this is my first bad experience. Thank you to those that posted links to http://parts.fantasyflightgames.com/ to complete the form. I hope that FFG are able to resolve it swiftly and promptly. 

• Synge likes this

#152 Synge

Synge

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:01 PM

Just sent my request, mines breaking apart at the spine. Sad face! But I have been dealing with FFG for years and they have always been super cool with stuff like this!

I have faith! My character sheet says so!!!

#153 Amatherasu

Amatherasu

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:47 AM

Sadly mine is also coming appart after skipping the pages a bit. I had the same issue with Deathwatch (after 1 year) and with Black Crusade (after nearly 2 years). The new binding plus saving the old cover was verry expensive :(

Hopefully FFG shows some reaction to my inquiry after a few days.

#154 Kainus

Kainus

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:02 PM

How many people's replacement copy has begun coming apart? 

I pulled it off the shelf for the first time since I got it, gave it a quick read, and the glue is already coming undone. Granted, it lasted longer than my first copy, but not much. 

Does anyone know if I'm entitled for a replacement for my replacement?

Edited by Kainus, 14 November 2014 - 08:03 PM.

"The union of art and action is death." -Yukio Mishima
Roleplaying games are the most tragic artform.
They represent the death of the folkloric tradition, the understanding that beuacracy touches our identity in ways that the individual can not seperate from themselves. That we can become abstracted into statistics so easily, yet we still demand to tell stories in light of this- because of this. The distinction between human and system has become seamless.
When we roleplay together, we mourn ourselves- how we can no longer communicate without a defined social system- be it race, gender, class, consumer, employer, Game Master, or player. We mourn our human synthesis with systems by employing them to tell stories. It helps us embrace our modern humanity like no other artform.

#155 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:21 AM

I hate to admit it, but I haven't really looked at my new copy since the day it arrived.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS