Book Binding

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#1 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:47 AM

Anyone else have problems with a weak binding in their copy of 2e?

#2 Keffisch

Keffisch

• Members
  • 987 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:05 AM

Not yet, but it is creaking something fierce whenever I open the book.

I have an upcoming play session where the book will be used a lot so I'll let you know if anything changes.

#3 miles1739

miles1739

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:16 AM

I can honestly say that I've never had a problem with any FFG 40k book.

"Curses! Just when you've finally managed to bring the whole world under your evil influence some pathetic little Inquisitor goes whining off to the Adeptus Terra about rogue psykers and daemonic possession. I mean, do I look posssessed? Well, do I? DO I???" - Personal Log of Lord Varlak, 995.M41 (during the Purging of Korsk II)

#4 Gridash

Gridash

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:54 AM

You're very lucky then.

• Lexdamus, Simsum, Arbitrator and 1 other like this

#5 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:45 AM

I've not had any problems with other FFG books, though my EotE is a tiny bit creaky.

My copy of DH2 is worse. It might hold, but where the page is glued to the inside of the cover (the picture of the cityscape) it is not glued up to the seam and so isn't held in place.

#6 Kainus

Kainus

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

Yeah, the glue has come off on the final 200 pages or so.
"The union of art and action is death." -Yukio Mishima
Roleplaying games are the most tragic artform.
They represent the death of the folkloric tradition, the understanding that beuacracy touches our identity in ways that the individual can not seperate from themselves. That we can become abstracted into statistics so easily, yet we still demand to tell stories in light of this- because of this. The distinction between human and system has become seamless.
When we roleplay together, we mourn ourselves- how we can no longer communicate without a defined social system- be it race, gender, class, consumer, employer, Game Master, or player. We mourn our human synthesis with systems by employing them to tell stories. It helps us embrace our modern humanity like no other artform.

#7 LordPasty

LordPasty

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:05 AM

My book does seem to be starting to angle to one side of the spine already.  Not a big deal (yet), as I'm halfway through reading it.

#8 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:13 AM

Are there any home remedies?

#9 Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise

• Members
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

FFG have a pretty good track record with replacing missing/damaged pieces of their board games if the fault is on their end. Might be worth dropping them an email and seeing if they can replace your book with a more solid one.

#10 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:24 AM

I have; am awaiting a response.

#11 Luddite

Luddite

• Members
  • 736 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

Yeah, mine's coming apart in two places on the binding.

It's only been two weeks...

:(

#12 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:33 AM

I ordered mine online, not sure i can be bothered posting it back to the retailer. If it falls to pieces i might get a new one. I don't live in the US, FFG aren't just going to ship out a replacement anyway.

#13 Hikage.Raito

Hikage.Raito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:46 AM

My copy seems to have the same problem. From page 225 and forward the glue has come of.
I'll throw an email to FFG about it though I'm in the same position as signoftheserpent, living outside the US.

#14 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:56 AM

Yep, mine too. The binding in this one is weak indeed. The ones before have been better.

Respect your brothers and you will also be respected.

#15 cps

cps

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

I love that in addition to cutting corners by reprinting their last game they cut more corners by printing it cheaply.

I'd love to see some photos of your crumbling brand new books, everyone.

#16 Kainus

Kainus

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

Yep, mine too. The binding in this one is weak indeed. The ones before have been better.

Nah, my Dark Heresy 1e had the same issue.
"The union of art and action is death." -Yukio Mishima
Roleplaying games are the most tragic artform.
They represent the death of the folkloric tradition, the understanding that beuacracy touches our identity in ways that the individual can not seperate from themselves. That we can become abstracted into statistics so easily, yet we still demand to tell stories in light of this- because of this. The distinction between human and system has become seamless.
When we roleplay together, we mourn ourselves- how we can no longer communicate without a defined social system- be it race, gender, class, consumer, employer, Game Master, or player. We mourn our human synthesis with systems by employing them to tell stories. It helps us embrace our modern humanity like no other artform.

#17 Nimsim

Nimsim

• Members
  • 820 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

I love that in addition to cutting corners by reprinting their last game they cut more corners by printing it cheaply.

When people were complaining about this game not getting any hype at gencon I thought about posting a video of the 2012 gencon when they released Only War, but it turns out that didn't get much hype either.

#18 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:15 PM

You'll have to go to the Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay G+ community. I can't post pix from there here.

#19 miles1739

miles1739

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

For those having problems, If you could  keep the rest of us updated on what FFG does it would be much appreciated,I treat my books like antiques so they don't usually get the common usage others might have.Hopefully FFG does the right thing.

• LordPasty likes this

"Curses! Just when you've finally managed to bring the whole world under your evil influence some pathetic little Inquisitor goes whining off to the Adeptus Terra about rogue psykers and daemonic possession. I mean, do I look posssessed? Well, do I? DO I???" - Personal Log of Lord Varlak, 995.M41 (during the Purging of Korsk II)

#20 ThenDoctor

ThenDoctor

• Members
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:11 PM

Guys, this one does have about 40 more pages than any WH40K core before it, that might be what's happening. However it's bound to happen my DH1 core is still somehow together and it's nearly off it's binding same with DotDG.

However implying that they cut corners on making the game is a bit of a cheapshot CPS, there's plenty different and they did originally try and put something out that was brand spanking new.

I've made an expanded Divination table for Dark Heresy Second Edition.Find it here: 

http://community.fan...general-thread/

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS