Subscription service

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Mich the One

Mich the One

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:43 AM

I have just caught myself a bit confused with tracking which expansions are coming out and when. It seems there is an abundance of new stuff heading our way. That is good! But between the Ringmaker cycle in progress with three more packs to go, the recent announcement of new Lost Realms deluxe box, second LoTR saga box on the boat, two special convention expansions on the list, and nightmare packs being released, I am just a bit lost. 

My local retailers will most likely get it all at some point. But they are not really up to the task with getting the packs right after release dates. I guess the potential increase in sales resulting from having it soon is not material, and does not justify additional efforts on their part to secure early stocking.

So in my perfect world I imagined an FFG subscription service where I am being sent each and every expansion as early as release dates allow, and they charge my credit card accordingly.

I see two obvious problems. Costs would be relatively high, as delivery costs would pile up. Also, the retailers might frown upon such a by-pass to their business, which I imagine in the end could not be so good for FFG products (I would expect local FLGS support and community interaction for various games is an important factor for marketing).

Still... what do you think? Is it possible? Or maybe it exists already in some form? Or perhaps it is one of those ideas that always comes up once in a while for each and every LCG? :)

#2 OnkelZorni

OnkelZorni

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:59 AM

There are companies offering subscription services for there products so I don't see any reason (apart from logistics) why FFG couldn't do this too

#3 Caerdowyn

Caerdowyn

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:11 AM

teamcovenant.com offers a subscription service for the adventure packs (and other FFG lcg's)

• Olorin93, Mich the One and deeth82 like this

#4 deeth82

deeth82

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

teamcovenant.com offers a subscription service for the adventure packs (and other FFG lcg's)

Took the words right out of my mouth. :)

• Caerdowyn likes this

"Death! Ride, ride to ruin and the world’s ending!”

#5 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:33 AM

My FLGS keeps me up to date.
  • Caerdowyn and ZanzibarLand like this
Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#6 raven614

raven614

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

I wonder if maybe ffg keeps a better relationship with the lgs by not offering subscriptions. I would do a sub if ffg offered one.

#7 ervwalter

ervwalter

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:09 PM

My FLGS does subscriptions for LCG-like games and seems to get them in the day they are generally available (and they give me a 20% discount for getting them via a subscription). But if my FLGS didn't have that, I'd probably get a subscription via Team Covenant.
  • Catastrophic09 likes this

#8 Mich the One

Mich the One

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:30 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. Team covenant looks good, but I see they offer only the Adventure Pack subscription. This means no print on demand packs and no deluxe boxes (so no nightmare packs and no sagas as well).

#9 7theye

7theye

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:16 AM

I buy online. usually group an order with packs, box boxes and nightmare and sleeves together. 10 bucks shipping flat to Canada and prices are low.

I would od TC sub but wihtout nightmare and box boxes those would need to be bought extra anyways

#10 Mich the One

Mich the One

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:01 AM

Do not want to set up a new thread, so I will ask here: have you guys had any problems with the FFG online store? I placed and paid for an order (few nightmare pods + the Tharbad pack) already over a week ago. All items are shown "in stock", but my package has not been sent. The store email is not responding to my queries.

Is this typical for the FFG store?

Edited by Mich the One, 05 September 2014 - 03:02 AM.

#11 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:11 AM

No, I've received the couple things I've bought from them very quickly.

Edited by Narsil0420, 05 September 2014 - 08:12 AM.

#12 wlk

wlk

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:15 PM

Do not want to set up a new thread, so I will ask here: have you guys had any problems with the FFG online store? I placed and paid for an order (few nightmare pods + the Tharbad pack) already over a week ago. All items are shown "in stock", but my package has not been sent. The store email is not responding to my queries.

Same for me, ordered a bunch of PODs 8 days ago, still pending shipping, and the support does not respond.

#13 Mich the One

Mich the One

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:53 AM

Same for me, ordered a bunch of PODs 8 days ago, still pending shipping, and the support does not respond.

Thanks for the information, wlk. Good to know.

Well, that is a shame, really. Not about the delay, but about lack of any communication. Delays happen and it is perfectly understandable that you need to wait few days more. But lack of response across the line is a poor business practice.

I just I hope this is some kind of technicality rather than a general approach not to care. FFG seemed trustworthy to me so far. 

#14 Mich the One

Mich the One

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:47 AM

OK, my stuff got shipped eventually. Just wanted to confirm here to be fair with FFG :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS