Photo

When and where do you get your monthly packs from?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Catastrophic09

Catastrophic09

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

Just curious as to where most of you order your Deluxe, Saga and monthly AP's from. Do you get them from your FLGS or somewhere online? And then when do you actually get your hands on them from release date to be able to start playing?

#2 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:38 PM

From my local internet shop. Nowhere else to order it from around here.

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#3 Spurries

Spurries

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:39 PM

FLGS has them a few days before the Friday Release dates. Worth the extra couple of bucks to me over waiting for cool stuff to ship them

#4 Teamjimby

Teamjimby

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

If I'm up to date on the quests and itching for a new one I'll pick them up at my FLGS which has them ~20% off.  Otherwise I'll wait for a few to come out and make a bulk order on coolstuff. 

I've been tempted to sign up for the Team Covenant subscription service because I love their videos, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

#5 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

FLGS

Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#6 Epi Lepi

Epi Lepi

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

I order mine from the Warstore. I'm from Long Island so I just pick them up at their physical Hobby Store but sometimes they're not the best at getting the packs as soon as they say they will. Usually I can pick the packs up the Saturday after release but my Trouble in Tharbad is still MIA and I had a lot of trouble last winter. That wasn't entirely their fault as all the snow storms ****** over a lot of shipping.

#7 Catastrophic09

Catastrophic09

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

If I'm up to date on the quests and itching for a new one I'll pick them up at my FLGS which has them ~20% off.  Otherwise I'll wait for a few to come out and make a bulk order on coolstuff. 

I've been tempted to sign up for the Team Covenant subscription service because I love their videos, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Discounted packs from your FLGS sounds amazing! I've also thought about Team Covenant as it definitely sounds like a good option..

#8 entMoot

entMoot

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

I bought a bunch of stuff online when I started out because it was cheap. Now that I'm up to date, I've switched to my FLGS (same one as Teamjimby, in fact!).

• Teamjimby likes this

#9 silverthorn

silverthorn

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:59 PM

FLGS

#10 Vendictar

Vendictar

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

I order from coolstuff, as my local shop lacks the "F" in FLGS.
  • benhanses, Catastrophic09 and Ineti like this

#11 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:37 PM

There's no store in Chile that brings Lotr lcg with any kind of regularity, so I just order the expansions from Thebookdepository.com, which has free shipping so it's pretty cheap to import them. The bad thing is that they take more or less 1 month to arrive, and they don't have POD quests or Nightmare packs.

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#12 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:45 PM

Coolstuff or Amazon.  I've saved over $100 buying online and being patient for the pack to come rather than rushing to buy it at a store for 35% more.  I don't get why people buy things for a larger price when they can get it so cheap online.  At least people in the US.  

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#13 oldoly

oldoly

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

I go back and forth. I have bought packs at LGS but they have lost my order and have not called me when packs arrive on a few occasions so I started going elsewhere. I have been getting my packs at http://www.ebay.com/...unt_games_store  and I usually receive the packs 1-3 days after release. They are wonderful!

#14 Teamjimby

Teamjimby

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:30 PM

I don't get why people buy things for a larger price when they can get it so cheap online.  At least people in the US.  

Sometimes you want the pack the day it's released and can't wait the week for shipping.  Sometimes you don't mind paying extra because you want to support your awesome FLGS.  Sometimes you are only buying 1 pack so you don't save anything because of shipping.  If none of those are true, then yes, you should buy online.

• John85 and Catastrophic09 like this

#15 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

I live in Sydney, Australia where the packs are released about 2 and a half weeks later than in the US. This means that I usually wait that extra two weeks and buy it from my LGS but I will often buy directly from FFG online if there are enough new products I don't have so that I'm okay with paying so much shipping or if there is a particular pack I am desperate to get my hands on. After my last experience doing this however, paying about $44 shipping and then not receiving the cards for about 3 weeks plus (estimated about a week and a half) I will not be doing this again........ hopefully :P
I've also bought additional player cards and a few POD scenarios from Ebay and have even ordered from book depository once which was super duper cheap but the order got to me like two days after the AP came out at my LGS so I just bought a copy from them and the book depository one was just a complete waste so now I have a spare copy of The Dunland Trap.....

#16 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

I don't get why people buy things for a larger price when they can get it so cheap online.  At least people in the US.  

Sometimes you want the pack the day it's released and can't wait the week for shipping.  

Why can't you wait a week for shipping....

Edited by Khamul The Easterling, 25 August 2014 - 06:47 PM.

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#17 entMoot

entMoot

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:23 PM

For me, buying one adventure pack from the FLGS is typically the same price as buying on Amazon, assuming free shipping from Prime. The moment shipping enters the equation, the local store comes out ahead.

#18 Teamjimby

Teamjimby

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:47 PM

Sometimes you want the pack the day it's released and can't wait the week for shipping.  

Why can't you wait a week for shipping....

I don't mind waiting, but I know some people "need" things the day they are released and it's worth it to them to pay an extra $5.  It's kind of like people that need to see a movie on opening night, whereas I will happily wait a few weeks if it means the theater is less crowded.

#19 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:27 PM

FLGS, which is the FFG Game Center.   :)

• Catastrophic09 likes this

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#20 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,979 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:27 PM

I try to get them anywhere anytime!

• richsabre, spalanzani, Catastrophic09 and 2 others like this

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS