I am currently running the "Stony Sleep" mission from "The Emperor Protects", and I'm not quite satisfied with the final fights in the necron tomb.
Before going into details, here's what my players group look like :
* Salamander Apothecary (Squad Leader), rank 3
* Dark Angel Devastator, rank 3
* Iron Hand Techmarine, rank 3
* Flesh Tearer Tactical Marine, rank 1 (this is my own character, he is a bit of a 'newbie marine' so he doesn't 'outshine' the other player)
First, the KT has to kill some 'basic' Alpha Legion marines : no details on how many legionaries attack are given, so according to all the equipement available for the KT in this mission I assume there must be more traitors than loyalists (like 6v4 or something like that) in order to balance the fight. Just by looking at stats, I fear that this confrontation will be a bit boring/easy for my players. Moving on, the next fight is against the Tomb Guardian ... well, since my devastator has a lascannon, i don't think this one will last more than 3 turns. Again, I'm afraid it won't put up a good fight.
So basically, here's my idea : remove the Tomb Guardian fight, and instead buff the Alpha Legionaries my KT will fight. I want it to be a memorable, 4v4, Brothers against Brothers fight. Those Chaos Marines would be like Lamdus Rize's Chosen/Champions, the best of his cell. So here's my ideas to boost them :
* Up them to 50E,
* Give them Mighty Shot/Crushing Blow,
* Give them Master Crafted/Exceptionnal Weaponry,
* Add a Movement anticipator (sorry, i can't find a good translation for this one, it's the thing that give +10 to BS when you make a full-auto burst or semi-auto burst) to their bolter,
* Give them Power Weapons,
* Give one of them an Autocannon/Heavy Bolter
* Maybe add some combi-weapons
* Allow them to use squad mode and squad abilities (Oath of Glory ?)
* Up their Armour, just a little +1 on all locations
What do you think of this ? I'm asking for help, because I'm not really good yet at balancing encounters, especially with an Iron Hand Techmarine who's near invincible to basic weapons. If you have any ideas, let me know ! Just acknowledge this : I want my group to suffer (I love them, really, but I want them to fight their equals and sweat )
Edited by Enmi, 25 August 2014 - 07:22 AM.