Encounter question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tperk4369

Tperk4369

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

I successfully completed my encounter. I was allowed to move one space for my success. If I move to a space with a monster can I then have a combat with that monster, or do I have to wait until next turn?

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,259 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

Did the resolved encounter instruct you to move and have an encounter, or just to move? If the latter, you don't have to deal with monsters until the next turn's encounter phase.

As general rule of the thumb, remember that during each encounter phase you're allowed to resolve only one encounter (unless there are monsters on your space and you kille them all)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 nicks

nicks

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:36 PM

When you have an encounter with a monster, does the encounter continue during thAt turn until the monster dies, or your character dies...or do you do just one roll for sanity and combat that turn and then you have to wait till your next turn to combat again?

#4 Turgul01

Turgul01

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:11 PM

You do one will and one strength check for each monster.  If you kill them all, you can have an encounter with something else (generic, gate, clue, etc.).

#5 Covered in Weasels

Covered in Weasels

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:15 PM

When you have an encounter with a monster, does the encounter continue during thAt turn until the monster dies, or your character dies...or do you do just one roll for sanity and combat that turn and then you have to wait till your next turn to combat again?

You only fight each monster once during each turn. If you want to fight the monster again, you'll have to wait until the next turn.

Do not ask why you serve.  Only ask how.

Synonymous names include: Buried in Ferrets, Enveloped by Ermine.

Currently GMing a Dark Heresy 2.0 game and inflicting untold misery upon Martin Lockheed and company.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS