Force power: Move

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Smitehappy

Smitehappy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:54 AM

The OPness of Move aside, if you want to not have a Nemesis thrown off a clip the Beta Force and Destiny book has a but about resisting being thrown by an opposed Willpower Vs. Resilliance roll or resisting your weapon being pulled away by an Opposed Athletics roll.

Does it really? Awesome. What page is that on? I can't wait to get my hands on the FnD beta.

Page 195 in Force and Destiny, it's the giant red box at the bottom. Also keep in mind that if you make a bad guy Force Sensative any force powers used against him/her can be an opposed Discipline check.

• Jamwes likes this

#42 FuriousGreg

FuriousGreg

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:36 PM

I like this. You could, rather than up the Force Pip cost make a resistance roll against silhouette + number when over silhouette 1. Silhouette 1 objects wouldn't require an opposed roll unless they are Nemesis, this way you don't gimp Force users on the personal scale but for larger objects you make it more difficult.
So Moving 1 sil. 2 object is Difficulty 1 vs the PCs Will and Force Rating (or some other combination), 2 = dif 2, etc. A sol 3 object would be difficulty 2+the number etc.
(A PC, for example, with Will 3 and FR 2 would be YYG)

I think this would be fair.

Edited by FuriousGreg, 25 August 2014 - 05:38 PM.

Watch these now. Really, right now. (Oh, there's some naughty language but we're all adults :D here)
http://redlettermedi...phantom-menace/

http://redlettermedi...-of-the-clones/

http://redlettermedi...ge-of-the-sith/

#43 shlominus

shlominus

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:15 AM

some great ideas for nerfing "move" here! ^_^

#44 kinnison

kinnison

• Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

To repeat some earlier comments.  I have always thought that using Force move/push/throw to harm someone is blatantly a dark side use of the power.  Except for maybe a knockdown effect.

But honestly, it he starts villain chucking a lot, SOMEONE in maybe in Black armor, black helmet, and Cape with a red lightsaber is going to wonder who is causing such a disturbance in the force and investigate, hoping to find the stupid farmboy who has his other lightsaber

• segara82, Liloki, kaosoe and 2 others like this

Check out my current Campaign:

The Minos Cluster

Last session 9/6/14 'Beyond the Rim: Episode I'

Last Update 9/20/14

#45 LexMajor

LexMajor

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:35 PM

Slighly side-tracking this thread to mention AT-AT really should have been Silhouette 5, anyway.

• invictus_1693 likes this

Lex

#46 koblih123

koblih123

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:09 AM

Am I correct if I say that u can earn only 2 FR in EotE ? Coz u get one from specialization and another one from last talent ?? Thx.

#47 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:37 AM

Yes, 2 FR can be earned in EoE.

• GL309 likes this

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#48 koblih123

koblih123

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:43 AM

OK thx. So if u play only EotE u can't be OP.

#49 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:34 AM

Move, depending on how you choose to interpret the rules is still pretty wicked even with FR2.

• GL309 likes this

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS