Photo

What if term "printed resourcre icon" was nonexistent?..

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:02 AM

That's kinda the point of the card game and of songs being created in the first place - to get combos going.

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#22 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

Roto be honest I dont like idea of songs since they destroy idea and neening of spheres. Looks like designers understood that too and come out with printed icon solution which is very fine for me

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#23 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

They do not destroy the idea - they advance it. 

#24 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:52 PM

anyway just wonna the admit now the way of game is going well. Before i was really sceptic but now i see Caleb really make a good job. And most of his idea i agree. With songs to. I think songs was mistake at all!  Spheres should be unique in my opinion only exclude like Elrond or Gandlaf or Herluin is ok. But my experience is limited by 1 or 2 players so maybe in 3 4 payers game songs is much more needed.    

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#25 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:23 AM

I disagree that Songs were a mistake.  Underpriced?  Maybe.  But Songs enable deck building at the cost of diluting your deck.  It's a fair trade I think.  I don't want to play mono-color all the time, and if I want to take a risk and play 4 color that should be my choice.

Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#26 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

Funny enough, I never use songs. Multisphere decks I use have some natural "glue" right off the bat. But I would consider using them if those effects was not restricted to printed.

#27 Distractionbeast

Distractionbeast

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:16 AM

I almost never use songs, but I love their inclusion in the card pool.  It's the kind of deckbuilding tool that gives options to the player to open new possibilities, especially for newer players or unique combos.  Also, it's a nice way of avoiding Master's Malice.  ;)

#28 alogos

alogos

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

Blue Mountain Trader killed the song...
Not entirely, but hard enough.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS