• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MichielR

MichielR

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:02 AM

Hello again X-wing fans!

I think it's time for the Y-wing, no? This week we take a look at the incredible 'Dutch' Vander, throwing around target locks and boosting with the amazing R7-T1. This astromech made the Y-wing a real force to reckon with.

I'm coming up on 400 subs, btw - wow! Thanks again for the sharing of my video's, it really helps so keep it up!

Enjoy!

Link to video: http://youtu.be/TASNTio4ERE

Link to channel: http://www.youtube.com/mvanrooijenjr

• AdmiralThrawn, admat and librerian samae like this

#2 librerian samae

librerian samae

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:57 AM

When I run rebels I find it incredibly hard not to make dutch with R7-T1 and an ion cannon my first pick every time.
Gives out tasty buffs and has board control and has a chance to either close or arc dodge? Yes please!

He works well with ships that want to spend their actions on maneuvers or focusing (lets say A-wings here) which is what I really like running so he fits well and does so much.

I'm considering this list at the moment-

"Dutch" Vander , R7-T1, Ion Cannon Turret 

Jake Farrell , A-Wing Test Pilot, Chardaan Refit , Outmaneuver , Push the Limit

Corran Horn, R2 Astromech , Fire-Control System , Marksmanship

just see see how much I can get out of the 'vander buff' build.

• MichielR likes this

#3 Redblock

Redblock

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:03 AM

Give Corran AdvSensors and Ptl, he already gets Tl from Dutch.

• MichielR and librerian samae like this

#4 MichielR

MichielR

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:39 AM

FCS is still a solid choice on Corran, it ensure you have that targetlock the second attack; but PTL is solid too.

• DR4CO and admat like this

#5 MacrossVF1

MacrossVF1

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:43 AM

Dutch is a solid force multiplier and if equipped with an Ion Cannon turret (why would you take anything else?), a good board controller. If you are considering taking a Y-wing with an ICT, you should always consider if you can squeeze in Dutch for a few points extra.

The Alternative Wargamer: http://alternativewa...er.blogspot.se/

Repaints and scratchbuilds: http://alternativewa...ar Wars: X-wing

#6 Gadge

Gadge

• Members
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:44 AM

Dutch with an R5 keeps him in the fight a bit longer and stops him being too crippled too quicly

• admat likes this

Old school 80s Sci fi fan.  Playing X-Wing and Rogue Trader (tabletop & RPG)

Rebels: Awing (4) Bwing (3) Xwing (4) Ywing (2) Ewing ( 1) YT1300 (1) CR90 (1.5) GR75 (1) HWK290(2) Z95 (4)

Imperial:TIE/Adv (1)TIE/ln (7) Tie/int (4) Royal Tie Int (3) Phantom(1) Defender(1) Lambda (1) TIE/Bomb (2)

Scum: Firespray31 (2)

#7 admat

admat

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:26 AM

Any Y-Wing can also benefit from R5-D8. Granted, it costs an action, but the chance to discard a damage can greatly boost survivability.

Rebel Alliance: X-Wing (5), Y-Wing (2), A-Wing (3), B-Wing (4), E-Wing (2), Z-95 Headhunter (2), YT-1300 (1), HWK-290 (2), GR-75 Transport (1), CR90 Corvette (1)

Galactic Empire: TIE Fighter (6), TIE Advanced (1), TIE Interceptor (5), TIE Bomber (2), TIE Defender (2), TIE Phantom (2), Firespray-31 (1), Lambda-Class Shuttle (2)

Scum & Villainy: Will get... Most Wanted - 2x Z-95 Headhunter + 1x Y-Wing (2), StarViper (2), M3-A Interceptor (3), IG-2000 Aggressor (2)

#8 Redblock

Redblock

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:41 AM

For R5-D8 wait for new modification from Outrider, it gives Ptl effect to all upgrades with "action" in it

• MichielR likes this

#9 MichielR

MichielR

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:58 AM

For R5-D8 wait for new modification from Outrider, it gives Ptl effect to all upgrades with "action" in it

That card is going to be pretty good for the Y-wing!

#10 Marinealver

Marinealver

• Members
  • 933 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:45 AM

What about "Pops" (Gold 5) He gets no love?

You can always start another round if you lost the last one.

#11 Joostuh

Joostuh

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:49 AM

He is nice, but 28-31pts is to expensive for a ship that is capped at 1 dmg per turn if you ask me.
If i want board control I'd rather take Gold or Roark, so I can still fit 4 decent ships in a squad.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS