• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:27 PM

Just to make sure I get this right

Nalir causes you to raise your threat by 1 for each player, and then you have to raise it for the refresh phase also, right?

So when playing solo you raise your threat by 2 on each turn

• PsychoRocka likes this

Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

#62 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:29 PM

Correct!

• Nickpes likes this

~Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul~

~One ring to cover the lands in complete and utter misery, one ring for the dark lord to work his wretched trickery~

#63 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:17 PM

And another question (stupid really, but my mind is blocked)

"The first player either removes 1 time counter or each enemy get -20 engagement and +1 att "

There are no enemies in game, thus I am obliged to remove teh time counter, right ?  :unsure:

And a rule question, but it has to do with Bellach

I have a ranger spikes in staging area, unnatached. I complete stage one and Bellach enters the staging area cause of stage 2 ... does he get trapped in Ranger Spikes? 

Edited by Nickpes, 19 December 2014 - 11:22 PM.

• PsychoRocka likes this

Lord of all Noldor

#64 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:36 PM

And another question (stupid really, but my mind is blocked)

"The first player either removes 1 time counter or each enemy get -20 engagement and +1 att "

There are no enemies in game, thus I am obliged to remove teh time counter, right ?  :unsure:

Hmmmm that is a tricky one.

It reads "The first player EITHER removes 1 time counter or each spy enemy gets -20 engagement and +1 attack" so with that wording it seems like you can choose EITHER effect whether or not any spy enemies are in play.

Also you technically can resolve the second option as you can give each spy enemy in staging -20 engagement and +1 attack there just aren't any actual spy enemies in play to give these effects to.
This thread comes to a similar conclusion and Caleb ruled that with Followed by Night even if no enemies are in play you can choose the second option:

http://community.fan...lowed-by-night/

It does use the word ALL enemies instead of EACH however...

Also look at this thread: http://community.fan...st-either-back/

If it was MUST either x or y then you would have to do x and only do y if you cannot do x. Considering you can always remove a time counter in this quest this wouldn't really even make sense so I'm pretty damn sure thanks to these two threads from the past that you can choose either option even if there are no spy enemies in play =)

Edited by PsychoRocka, 19 December 2014 - 11:38 PM.

• Nickpes likes this

~Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul~

~One ring to cover the lands in complete and utter misery, one ring for the dark lord to work his wretched trickery~

#65 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:46 PM

Thanks, that is what I thought, but I played it the other way cause I prefered to cheat on myself rather than the game ... won anyway  :P

Do you have a clue about my other question for ranger spikes (I did not attach it to Bellach and the other orc again, cause I prefere to cheat my self , in case ...)

• PsychoRocka likes this

Lord of all Noldor

#66 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:48 PM

As with Bellach yes any time ANY enemy enters the staging area for any reason (effects or during staging) if there is a copy of ranger spikes in the staging area at that point in time that is unattached it will attach to that enemy. This is why ranger spikes can be so extremely pimp against We Must Away because "Players cannot play attachment cards on Troll enemies" and ranger spikes attaches itself from staging not from being played onto them. It is very hard to time and if a single other enemy comes out the round you progress to stage 2 it will take the ranger spikes first and stop it from attaching to one of the trolls but I've pulled it off a few times, once I was actually able to get ranger spikes on two of the three trolls and was able to pick them off and deal with sacks at the speed I wanted to.

Ranger spikes can also attach to Overseer Maurul from Nightmare Seventh Level and many other mini bosses/nasty foes. Another situation that comes to mind is Lord Alcarnon and Murzag, you can get ranger spikes on Murzag from the effect of Morgul Vale returning him to the staging area and if you have a ranger spikes in staging when you kill Murzag and add Lord Alcarnon to staging you can ranger spikes him too.

I cannot overstate just how pimp ranger spikes can be, you can get them on the PERFECT enemy at the perfect time on occasion.

Edited by PsychoRocka, 19 December 2014 - 11:58 PM.

• Nickpes likes this

#67 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:50 PM

Thanks, that is what I thought, but I played it the other way cause I prefered to cheat on myself rather than the game ... won anyway  :P

Do you have a clue about my other question for ranger spikes (I did not attach it to Bellach and the other orc again, cause I prefere to cheat my self , in case ...)

Yeah anytime I'm not sure I usually choose the harder option too so that if I am doing it wrong I am at least not benefiting from it lol. I just learned these two particular rulings from reading the forums and remembering rulings when other people ask about stuff.

• Nickpes likes this

#68 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:02 AM

http://www.cardgamed...nger-spikes-hon

There's a pretty interesting discussion in the comments section for ranger spikes on cardgamedb.

It seems as though only if enemies are added to the staging area at the same time (such as in the troll quests) can you choose which enemy each ranger spikes attaches to if you have multiple copies out. If it is just during the staging phase both ranger spikes will attach to the same first enemy revealed and not others revealed after it. I have only ever played more than one at a time in the troll quests and it seems like the only real reason to play more than once at a time is if you know that multiple enemies are going to enter the staging area at the same time like in the cases of the troll quests.

Edited by PsychoRocka, 20 December 2014 - 12:07 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS