Photo

How about instead of Timescape, FFG does an Ocean/Sea big box?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 The Wizard

The Wizard

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:57 PM

Hell yes!

#42 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:30 AM

It would be funny, if the mainboard changed into a island.

The regions can still be connected to it.

If FFG would release a new mainboard, then i would buy it off course

#43 Triple A

Triple A

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

Yeah, I'd definitely go for a Talisman Island type expansion, but would prefer an ocean voyage theme where you fight sea beasties and encounter mermaids and other aquatic creatures.

#44 Maine469

Maine469

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:48 PM

Hi guys,

Forget the Timescape expension. I agree with the ocean expension. New monsters, pirates, ships etc... They also  add new way of travelling like flying beast etc..

#45 Maine469

Maine469

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:50 PM

I like the idea

#46 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

A Timescape expansion would probably be an expansion based on powerful spirits in an Astral Realm

Ell.

#47 Archdruid

Archdruid

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:30 AM

Is that a hint Ell? :)

#48 Croonos

Croonos

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:18 AM

There is one dragon from 2nd editon omitted in current Dragon expansion and it is Sea Dragon... Does it mean it appear in future Ocean/Sea big box? I hope so!

#49 Froman

Froman

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:27 AM

I had a friend who made a high seas expansion with cards/characters for 2nd edition, we used it lots and I would love to play an official one. although I really enjoyed timescape

#50 Guns A Blazing

Guns A Blazing

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:02 AM

I did a small ocean expansion for the lucky 13 competition at Talisman island called 'The Deep'.

I quite liked the idea of needing waterbreathing to adventure in the new area and based the few cards allowed for entry around that.

#51 Nemomon

Nemomon

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:52 AM

I'm still saying VETO to this idea!

Enter the Talisman Island!

#52 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

On a similar thread I have expressed that maybe , maybe maybe they will create the final boards to completely wrap the base board. 

This would mean more spaces!  So perhaps the "City" board would/could  ALSO have some sea area, or just a "coastal area" could be a reason to have some fun in Aquatic areas! 

Lots of things are washed up on shores; treasures, Mermaids, heheheh, and who knows what else, maybe its just a small island (2 or 3 of the spaces?) to venture too - find a fabled treasure.

-Oberon

#53 natstar

natstar

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:58 AM

They could make a pirate themed one that you need to buy a ship/boat/raft with gold to move onto the next areas and they could make it so the person that gets to the treasure chest at the end first wins making it a race to the end and less about powering your character up also they could add gambling into this one which means when you land on another player instead of fighting them you can both bet the same amount of gold or items and the highest die roll wins the items/gold maybe even let them bet spells if they both have spells!

Character ideas -

Spell thief - One that can steal spells from other characters works like the thief,

Gambler - gets to roll a second time if he loses the first when gambling also he can force players he lands on to do it and how much the bet will be but they have to be able to do the bet,

Pirate - can steal a ship instead of paying for it  and can take 1 item instead of paying for it when he lands on a space that lets you buy items but he cannot spend gold on items that turn if he chooses to do it,

A character that gets double gold when he gets gold from the game and also gets double gold when he picks to take gold from a player if they have enough gold to do it ,ect

Mermaid follower - makes it so you don't need to use/buy a ship could even make it a character.

Add a space that gives you gold when you land on it as well!

The characters/game type could be improved but i think it would be just for fun and less serious also you could just take some ideas and add it your ones. 

#54 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

I just read this whole thread because I didn't know what the Timescape expansion was, and I have to say: down with Timescape! I don't want guns and space monsters in my Talisman game. Some have said it might be an astral/ethereal type of thing though, and I could get behind that. 

#55 Windyhead

Windyhead

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:31 PM

NO GUNS, NO ALIANS!
This is what i dont whant to see in talisman!
City, Forest, Ocean, welcome!

#56 Nemomon

Nemomon

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:10 AM

I. J. Thompson said:

I just read this whole thread because I didn't know what the Timescape expansion was, and I have to say: down with Timescape! I don't want guns and space monsters in my Talisman game. Some have said it might be an astral/ethereal type of thing though, and I could get behind that. 

I would suggest You looking at Timescape to see how it looks Timescape is the BEST ever expansion to Talisman.

Enter the Talisman Island!

#57 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:28 AM

I. J. Thompson said:

not to rain on your parade too much, but Timescape expansion, in the 2nd Edition had quite a few fans.  It probably had as many detractors, so it may have been a toss up. 

I don't honestly believe that Timescape overpowered or overwhelmed the non-tech aspects of the game.

-Oberon

#58 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:18 AM

Seriously whether or not Timescape was good in the 2nd edition, it does not really have a place in a fantasy game (it is not a sci-fi game).

Hopefully 'Relic' will be something for the Timescape fans!

Ell.

#59 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:37 AM

0beron said:

I. J. Thompson said:

not to rain on your parade too much, but Timescape expansion, in the 2nd Edition had quite a few fans.  It probably had as many detractors, so it may have been a toss up. 

I don't honestly believe that Timescape overpowered or overwhelmed the non-tech aspects of the game.

-Oberon

You haven't rained on my parade even slightly. I've said that I wouldn't enjoy Timescape's sci-fi elements in Talisman. The number of other people who may or may not have been fans of the expansion have no bearing on what I think, at all.

#60 Froman

Froman

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:29 AM

i thought timescape was awesome, i have faith in FFG that if they release timescape it will be very cool. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS