Photo

How about instead of Timescape, FFG does an Ocean/Sea big box?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:40 PM

Even the four expansion boards (if the rest are upsized like the dungeon) will take almost as much space as what's in the that picture, considering the 4ER board is by area twice as big as 2E (for just the same spaces).

#22 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:39 PM

JCHendee said:

Even the four expansion boards (if the rest are upsized like the dungeon) will take almost as much space as what's in the that picture, considering the 4ER board is by area twice as big as 2E (for just the same spaces).

Yeah..

I heard somewhere that FFG like to make large boards.

But i wonder if they think about that people have not always big tables...

Or they keep their own style and don't care about other people tables....

If this go on, then we must play on the floor !

If the other regions are the same format as the dungeon, then we have no room anymore for cards.

And then i talk about 2 players !

What if you are with 4 players etc

#23 Bonesaw

Bonesaw

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:00 AM

Definitely like this idea.  Throw in a sea-elf as a playable character.

#24 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:16 AM

Bonesaw said:

Definitely like this idea.  Throw in a sea-elf as a playable character.

A sea elf?

Wonder how he look like

#25 Old Master

Old Master

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:03 PM

Hi all,

I wonder why this is put to the vote??  Why can't FFG make a Timescape big box AND an Ocean/Sea big box!!!!

What I want now is the choice to play with none, either ones or both expansion if I fell like it

Timescape by FFG would be AWESOME for sure and your idea for an Ocean/Sea swashbuckling theme with pirates and sea monsters is appealing, I would buy it for sure.

I'm still waiting for the day when there'll be so many expansions to talisman that we'll have to put a limit to how many and then vote on which ones we're gonna play

Bring em on,

Cheers

#26 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:26 PM

If i have all the regions from third edition and the dragon tower + dragons, then i am already a happy man

#27 crimhead

crimhead

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:38 AM

bioball said:

So if I have this right, the 5 expansions of Talisman are: The Dungeon, Timescape,  The Mountains, The City and a dragon-themed expansion.

Does anybody know if he's right?  I'm so out of the loop.  :(

Feldrik said:

Each stop on the ocean would be either an island or an option to get to an advantageous spot on the board. The trick, as with all expansions, is to keep them focused on the goal of the game and make them integrate while being stand alone options.

QFT

#28 Feldrik

Feldrik

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:54 PM

Old Master...I think just about any 1st and 2nd edition expansion from Talisman Island and Warp Zone should work with 4E. There may be a few that won't fit along the main board but most are stand alone boards.

Have fun!

#29 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:30 AM

crimhead said:

bioball said:

So if I have this right, the 5 expansions of Talisman are: The Dungeon, Timescape,  The Mountains, The City and a dragon-themed expansion.

Does anybody know if he's right?  I'm so out of the loop.  :(

He is missing 2 expansions.

They are the Forest expansion and the Dragon Tower expansion

#30 Lubricus

Lubricus

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:51 PM

There seems to be some confusion when it comes to expansions... Here is a list of the official expansions to the different Talisman versions:

1st and 2nd edition:

Talisman Expansion Set (cards only)

Talisman: The Adventure (cards only, but added the alternate endings)

Talisman Dungeon (board)

Talisman Timescape (board)

Talisman City (board)

Talisman Dragons (cards only)

3rd edition:

City of Adventure (2 boards)

Dungeon of Doom (2 boards)

Dragon's Tower (board)

Revised 4th edition:

The Reaper (cards)

The Dungeon (board)

Note that there were a lot of cards released in the White Wolf magazine for the earlier editions.

#31 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:30 AM

Lubricus said:

There seems to be some confusion when it comes to expansions... Here is a list of the official expansions to the different Talisman versions:

1st and 2nd edition:

Talisman Expansion Set (cards only)

Talisman: The Adventure (cards only, but added the alternate endings)

Talisman Dungeon (board)

Talisman Timescape (board)

Talisman City (board)

Talisman Dragons (cards only)

3rd edition:

City of Adventure (2 boards)

Dungeon of Doom (2 boards)

Dragon's Tower (board)

Revised 4th edition:

The Reaper (cards)

The Dungeon (board)

Note that there were a lot of cards released in the White Wolf magazine for the earlier editions.

It is good that you made the list. People can take a look now  at the expansions.

It seems that FFG are combining 2th and third edition together.

We are already get a lot of cards in the reaper expansion.

The 2th edition has only small card expansions with maybe 36 cards or something....( too lazy to take a look now

#32 Lubricus

Lubricus

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:53 AM

Velhart said:

It is good that you made the list. People can take a look now  at the expansions.

The 2th edition has only small card expansions with maybe 36 cards or something....( too lazy to take a look now

Well, the Dragons expansion was a bit bigger, IIRC. But nowhere near the size of Reaper, of course.

I can't wait to see what comes next!

#33 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:08 PM

Old Master said:

Hi all,

I wonder why this is put to the vote??  Why can't FFG make a Timescape big box AND an Ocean/Sea big box!!!!

What I want now is the choice to play with none, either ones or both expansion if I fell like it

Timescape by FFG would be AWESOME for sure and your idea for an Ocean/Sea swashbuckling theme with pirates and sea monsters is appealing, I would buy it for sure.

I'm still waiting for the day when there'll be so many expansions to talisman that we'll have to put a limit to how many and then vote on which ones we're gonna play

Bring em on,

Cheers

Hi Old Master,

Do you like Timescape??

---------

I think we need something else than a ocean sea box..

#34 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:11 PM

Lubricus said:

Velhart said:

Well, the Dragons expansion was a bit bigger, IIRC. But nowhere near the size of Reaper, of course.

I hope that FFG will release a new Dragon expansion for 4th revised edition with more cards than before !

But they must find a better balance then, because the Dragon expansion has only 20 enemies(dragons) and 60 other cards..

#35 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:51 AM

What about a new system with cards, that has a small template that activate special events on the board.

Events that can be happen everywhere on the board.

Something that has do with the king or festivals, dangerous enemies, spaces that become a wildernis and draw more cards on it or worse !

Or that the city is attack by a horde of undead, or orcs etc..

I think we need this sort of things, to bring the world to life, instead of only encountering cards where you land on...

#36 Old Master

Old Master

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:58 AM

Velhart said:

Old Master said:

Hi all,

Bring em on,

Cheers

Hi Old Master,

Do you like Timescape??

---------

Hi Velhart,

Yes I like timescape up to a certain point, it's an original board with great ideas, but I'm siding with talismanisland and others that it should be properly place in a timeframe that will not include any technologies or space themes

As to the ocean sea box, I think it's a great idea and I would buy one if it is well done and bring more to the world of talisman, anyway let's bring it on and if some people don't like it they can always choose not to buy it but I hope people will not start to make a campaign on this forum against any type of expansion that FFG will produce for talisman because they feel that XXXXX expansion is so much better than YYYYYY

I like to have the freedom to choose and if an expansion doesn't strike my fancies well it might still be what the players next door was waiting for!

Cheers

#37 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:19 PM

Old Master said:

Velhart said:

Old Master said:

Hi Old Master,

Do you like Timescape??

---------

Hi Velhart,

Yes I like timescape up to a certain point, it's an original board with great ideas, but I'm siding with talismanisland and others that it should be properly place in a timeframe that will not include any technologies or space themes

As to the ocean sea box, I think it's a great idea and I would buy one if it is well done and bring more to the world of talisman, anyway let's bring it on and if some people don't like it they can always choose not to buy it but I hope people will not start to make a campaign on this forum against any type of expansion that FFG will produce for talisman because they feel that XXXXX expansion is so much better than YYYYYY

I like to have the freedom to choose and if an expansion doesn't strike my fancies well it might still be what the players next door was waiting for!

Cheers

Hi Old master,

I think we have discussed this before.

Maybe something with the stone age you mentioned..

Talismanisland mentioned about clockwork things etc.

That's fine to me, but space theme's is not something that must be add to the talisman world..

Off course, if FFG would publish a ocean sea box, then it is good. If people like it, then they can buy it.

Maybe i buy it too... but i rather see a wildernis expansion or a expansion full of traps to make the main board more dangerous 

Or a  new event system as i mentioned before in this topic

greetings,

~Velhart~

#38 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:27 PM

Lubricus said:

Velhart said:

The reaper has only 3 more cards than the dragon expansion(87 cards)

It's indeed a bit bigger But not much

#39 Nioreh

Nioreh

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:22 AM

I think an ocean expansion is a great idea :)
As long as it isnt Timescape!

#40 Regulator18

Regulator18

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:52 PM

Here's an Idea!!  I like your idea of an ocean expansion, but what if there was a harbor spot on the current board / city expansion (when it hopefully comes out eventually).  And then you can use this harbor spot to take a ship to an island.  The island would be a whole seperate board.  You could then add on new expansions later to the 4 corners of the Island board  OR simply play the Talisman Island board as its own seperate and alternative game. 

So for the hardcore Talisman fans they could have two huge boards going at once.  Or you could choose to play a different type of talisman game using just the Island Board.  Or you could mix and match between the two (and their expansions) as desired.

The possibilities here are endless this way.  C'mon you know you would buy it!!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS