Help resolving Science Building encounter

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wrath231

wrath231

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:52 PM

I had two investigators in the Other World already and I drew the "student who made the machine who closes gates or else it explodes" location encounter for my 3rd. I also succeeded in closing the gates that led to the other worlds in which my investigators were in as well. Since Yog is the AO, are they essentially devoured, since Im assuming by having no returning gate they are lost in space and time?

#2 MadFuhrer

MadFuhrer

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:22 AM

They are lost in time and space if they are supposed to come back to Arkham but there is no open gate at the time.  If another gate pops up that your investigators went through, then they can go through that portal.  If a gate does not pop up and the investigator is supposed to move back to arkham on the movement phase they would then be LiTaS, thus devoured by Yog.

#3 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,523 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:19 AM

Yup. Devouring is triggered by going LiTaS, so as long as you're not LiTaS, you're not devoured. New gates can pop up leading to the OW your investigators are in. Or you can win the game before your pals go LiTaS.

Please remember that that encounter at the Science Building is not compulsory, it's optional. It reads:

"If you offer to help him"

so, if you see there's risk for devourings and so on, you maybe don't want to offer him help (especially if there are sealers in the OWs, not people there because a gate opened under their feet and they do not have clues or any means to seal)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS