Now that's podracing!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 RLogue177

RLogue177

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:39 PM

Where is the podracer vehicle profile?  I see in FnDb we get stats for a Podracer Pilot [Rival], but I'm not seeing vehicle stats for podracers in any of the books.  Am I missing them?

If they don't exist yet, would one simply take the stats for a swoop and increase the Speed while lowering the Handling and call it a day?

I am guessing podracing and swoop racing might be a thing in the upcoming AoR Stay On Target book.

Edited by RLogue177, 20 August 2014 - 06:53 PM.

#2 Enoch52

Enoch52

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

I might reduce the HT as well, since they seemed to be notoriously finicky.  But definitely a speed boost; and the handling drop seems to make sense too, given the fact that canonically Humans just didn't react quickly enough to race them.

#3 kinnison

kinnison

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:00 AM

Pod racing is so pre-clone wars..that kind of thing got boring once some stupid human kid won a race, then EVERY human thought they could do it, and ruined the sport

Now swoop racing  is awesome.  Strap a seat onto an engine, then tie it together with a repulsor, add some sissy steering vanes to the front and you got something dangerous, instead of a repuslor bathtub pulled by a few engines.

I don't think the vehicle rules in the game make stats much of an issue.

• kaosoe likes this

Check out my current Campaign:

The Minos Cluster

Last session 9/6/14 'Beyond the Rim: Episode I'

Last Update 9/20/14

#4 CaptainRaspberry

CaptainRaspberry

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:55 AM

I feel like the Silhouette should be bumped up to 3 as well. Not so much for the cabin, but because of those massive engines. Even the ones that aren't outrageously tall (I'm looking at you, Sebulba) are still very long.

Sic transit gloria.

#5 Raistlinrox

Raistlinrox

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:13 AM

Where is the podracer vehicle profile?  I see in FnDb we get stats for a Podracer Pilot [Rival], but I'm not seeing vehicle stats for podracers in any of the books.  Am I missing them?

If they don't exist yet, would one simply take the stats for a swoop and increase the Speed while lowering the Handling and call it a day?

I am guessing podracing and swoop racing might be a thing in the upcoming AoR Stay On Target book.

Stay On Target?? Where can I read more about this???

#6 Azanael

Azanael

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:39 AM

Stay On Target?? Where can I read more about this???

This will be a new Sourcebook for Age of Rebellion - see the AoR forum ;-)

#7 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

I'm not sure that podracing is so 'on-topic' for an Age of Rebellion sourcebook. But wasn't swoop racing covered, or at least discussed, in Suns of Fortune?

EOTE Styles and Dice Symbols for Obsidian Portal

Our group's EOTE Obsidian Portal: Explorers on the Edge

#8 kinnison

kinnison

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

there is WEG source book "Black sands of Socorro" that has a great section focusing on Swoop races and courses

The modular encounter in Suns of fortune isn't much.  all "Threats" are suppose to be traps used against the PCs.  I figure for a more legit race it could be random obstacles

Check out my current Campaign:

The Minos Cluster

Last session 9/6/14 'Beyond the Rim: Episode I'

Last Update 9/20/14

#9 Tassedar

Tassedar

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

Pod racing was outlawed and fell out of favor during the empire/rebellion Era to swoop racing. It wasn't after 27 aby did it make a comeback. So the reason is that people's tastes went to swoops and that's what makes it kinda gone in the game canon wise.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS