Photo

Suggested revision to Parry and Reflect values are calculated.

• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#261 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:21 PM

i was thinking that in the future we will see the signature abilities for these careers and we may be see some form of awesome parry or reflect there

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#262 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:42 PM

I don't like the idea of increasing the rate of accumulation for Parry/Deflect.  It's important to realize that these characters, careers, and talents are not meant to represent high level jedi.  The are basic initiates.  and even taking one rank of parry allows you to mitigate just under half of the most basic success of the a basic LS hit.

Given that the book suggest 150 more XP for a Knight level campaign, I'm sorry to say that your perception of the game's level is wrong past the first rank of talents.

For the record I like these changes.  Lightsaber users are supposed to be a little scary in Melee.  Ranged, not so much.

Edited by Chris Brady, 07 October 2014 - 05:05 PM.

#263 Sonofscathach

Sonofscathach

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:32 PM

I still feel like many that a Jedi Knight (+150XP) should be able to at least bounce back some blaster rounds like in AoTC. 

It costs Strain each time you prevent a blaster shot doing full damage. This inherently makes it a finite thing that will end sooner or later. I think that at least some of the forms should have this consideration regardless of the details of the actual mechanics change as long as it improves the Jedi ability to not get shot as easily. 

#264 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 4,238 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:04 PM

I still feel like many that a Jedi Knight (+150XP) should be able to at least bounce back some blaster rounds like in AoTC. 

It costs Strain each time you prevent a blaster shot doing full damage. This inherently makes it a finite thing that will end sooner or later. I think that at least some of the forms should have this consideration regardless of the details of the actual mechanics change as long as it improves the Jedi ability to not get shot as easily. 

Well, the Jedi we saw in AotC would probably have at least 300 XP and be far more broadly trained than a FaD character with +150 XP, so they'd be better able to branch out into other specs to boost up their Strain Threshold as well as Force Rating.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#265 usgrandprix

usgrandprix

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:59 AM

Edit. I moved my post to a more appropriate topic. Sorry.

Edited by usgrandprix, 15 October 2014 - 01:43 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS