Official Nerf Pack

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:22 AM

uncontroling power : the card should have "if the hero passes, during this attack, he can only spend surges on the weapon"

This card is one of the few to have nothing special when passed. With this, now, it could be usefull sometimes, since the hero could not recovers fatigue, heal with Arvic, or spend special surges from cards as beastmaster. In most cases it wouldn't change anything, but it's better to have nothing at all, a bit too much frustrating in my opinion

Edited by rugal, 25 August 2014 - 02:24 AM.

#42 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:49 AM

I have made the cards

Want to see ? Am I authorized to do so ?

#43 Covered in Weasels

Covered in Weasels

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:41 AM

You could transcribe the text of the cards here. I know FFG won't have an issue with that, but posting actual edited cards might cause problems.

Do not ask why you serve.  Only ask how.

Synonymous names include: Buried in Ferrets, Enveloped by Ermine.

Currently GMing a Dark Heresy 2.0 game and inflicting untold misery upon Martin Lockheed and company.

#44 Zaltyre

Zaltyre

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:52 AM

uncontroling power : the card should have "if the hero passes, during this attack, he can only spend surges on the weapon"

This card is one of the few to have nothing special when passed. With this, now, it could be usefull sometimes, since the hero could not recovers fatigue, heal with Arvic, or spend special surges from cards as beastmaster. In most cases it wouldn't change anything, but it's better to have nothing at all, a bit too much frustrating in my opinion

After playing as an OL with basic 2, my strong opinion is that "Uncontrolled Power" is already powerful enough. That card undercut my party's runemaster on more occasions than I can count. Instead of blasting me, inflicting conditions, and/or doing lots of extra damage, he got himself hurt and fatigued. By the end of the campaign, he would barely risk attacking unless my hand was empty, or he knew those cards were in my discard.

Edited by Zaltyre, 25 August 2014 - 07:53 AM.

#45 sangeet

sangeet

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:21 AM

I personally have grown to hate the "hexers /warlock" ability to curse a monster, and then when i want to move it, the monster have to take 1 damage for activation, and then sub sequential damage for movement. As he could declare it to any monster, this is especially bad , when there are "races" and a certain monster has to reach a certain area in time. (And many scenarios are build on this premise.)

#46 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

After playing as an OL with basic 2, my strong opinion is that "Uncontrolled Power" is already powerful enough. That card undercut my party's runemaster on more occasions than I can count. Instead of blasting me, inflicting conditions, and/or doing lots of extra damage, he got himself hurt and fatigued. By the end of the campaign, he would barely risk attacking unless my hand was empty, or he knew those cards were in my discard.

I think that cards that have no even a real small effects if fail are a bit too much of frustrating, since I'm always unlucky.

So I tought on small effects, here they are

in italic, new text added/changed

Ovelord class

Word of pain changed to

Play this card at the end of your turn. Each hero test power. Each hero who passes suffers 1 damage. Each hero who fails suffers 1 damage and 1 fatigue

Word of despair changed to

Play this card at the end of your turn. Each hero test willpower. Each hero who passes suffers 1 fatigue. Each hero who fails suffers 1 fatigue each time he perfom an action during his next turn. This fatigue is suffered after the hero completely resolves his action. (he may perform action even if is fatigue is equal to his stamina, excess fatigue is converted to damage

as usual)

Uncontroled power is changed to

Play this card after a hero attacks a monster, after rolling dice. That hero test willpower. If he passes, he cannot spend surge to recover fatigue. If he fails, you choose how he spend his surge results. You must spend as many surge as possible and the attack gains : surge : suffer 1 fatigue.

Mage : the attacks gains also : surge : you suffer 1 damage and 1 fatigue.

Treacherous shadows is changed to

Play this card at the start of your turn. Each hero test willpower. For each hero who fails, make an attack with that hero as if he were one of your monsters. You may force that hero to attack himself.

If at least one hero passes, draw 1 Overlord card.

Imploding rift is changed to

Play this card when an hero enter an empty square. That hero test willpower. If he passes, he suffers 1 fatigue. If he fails, he suffers fatigue up to his stamina. Then, each hero adjacent to that hero test willpower. Each hero who fails suffers fatigue up to his stamina.

Web trap is changed to

Play this card when a hero enters an empty square. That hero test power. If he passes, he loses 1 movement point. If he fails, he is immobilized. Then, each hero adjacent to that hero test power. Each hero who fails is immobilized.

Wicked laugher remade to

Play this card when a hero passes an attribute test. The attribute test of that hero is 1 lower until the end of the quest. Take a hero token as a reminder. That hero take that test again.

You can't play this card twice on the same hero's attribute.

Outbreak is changed to

Play this card at the start of an infected hero's turn. Each hero within 3 spaces of that hero test power. Each hero that fails gains 1 infection token and then suffers 1 damage for each infection token on his play area. Each hero who passes receive 1 infection token.

Fire gems is changed to

Play this card when a hero enters an empty space. That hero test awarness. He is passes, draw 1 Overlord card. If he fails, roll 1 red power die. That hero and each hero adjacent to him suffers damage equal to the damage on the die roll.

Search card

Fire flask is changed to

action : flip this card over to make a ranged attack with this item. Add 1 yellow power die to your attack pool during act 2. This attack gains : surge : blast.

Hero class skills

Rage is changed to

Use this card when making an attack, before rolling dice. Add 1 damage to the attack results.

Counter attack is changed to

Exhaust this card when a monster adjacent to you resolves an attack targeting you. Immediately make an attack targeting that monster. If you have reach, you can use this card if the monster is within 2 spaces of you.

Set trap is changed to

Exhaust this card to place 1 trap token in a space adjacent to you. While you are adjacent to a trap token, each of your attacks have +1 damage. If a monster enters a space adjacent or containing a trap token, discard that trap token from the map and the monsters suffers 1 damage and loses 1 movement point.

Upper hand fatigue was just removed.

Stoneskin changed to

Exhaust this card when you or a hero within 3 spaces of you is attacked, after rolling dice. Roll 1 grey die and add 1 shield to the defense results for each shiled on the grey die.

Tempest changed to

action : Each hero within 3 spaces of you recovers 1 damage. Then, test willpower. If you pass, each monster within 3 spaces of you suffers 2 damage.

Sleight of hand changed to

Each of your attacks with a bow or an exotic weapon have Pierce 1 for each Search card (face up or face down) you have (to a maximum of 2).

Exhaust this card when a hero draws a search card to allow that hero to give the search card to you.

That's all for now.

Edited by rugal, 25 August 2014 - 02:34 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS