Overlord Help Needed

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Zaltyre

Zaltyre

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:50 PM

When Elder Mok is in the party, holding onto OL cards is a gamble. If he uses his heroic feat, he could just toss the Dark Charm card you've been saving for 5 turns. 

When dealing with Mok, I try to force him to use his heroic feat right away, or otherwise I actually make a point of utilizing OL cards as fast as possible every turn to keep my hand empty. It's not my preferred strategy, but it keeps him from throwing away a crucial card.

#22 s1n

s1n

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:17 PM

I forgot about his ability.

Essentially, that quest boiled down to the luck of the dice roll for me then. I could only win if the heroes were unlucky in the end because Mok could just force me to discard my most useful card. Strangely, the heroes haven't used Mok's ability yet.

So now I have to do The True Enemy, which the heroes only have to kill Mirklace to win. That shouldn't be too tough for them considering how much damage heroes can do. It looks like I could use Kobolds but I'm not sure I understand the ritual groups. Could I pick Kobolds and Goblin Archers, place the Goblin Archers as the ritual group that gets the master and the Kobolds can refresh up to 6 minions?

Knocking down Logan Lashley is a good strategy if I can catch him alone like I did in the last quest. He's relatively squishy as he has no means of defense and no health buff. I purchased Mistrust, so I could use that to prevent Elder Mok from healing him. Elder Mok has a shield so it'll be more difficult to knock him down. Durik can use the wolf to add brown die to each hero and Jaes already has an armor (already rolls 2 gray dice).

If the heroes are smart, they will try to kill Rylan quickly to avoid giving me reinforcements. The Kobolds make it a great way to test and pass the summoning because I can get them back quickly (Deep Pit). I figure I'll get 2 turns before they enter the Town Square. They'll probably make Jaes and Durik/wolf tank up front. Rylan will probably die 2 turns later, so I'll probably end up with just 3-4 fatigue tokens. I'll have to use the Kobolds/Ynfernal Hulks to do the killing and they should focus on killing just 1 hero twice.

I'm probably going to want to hold on to cards that add damage and allow for more attacks (critical blow + frenzy + fatigue spend on Mirklace hits hard and heals well).

#23 Zaltyre

Zaltyre

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:27 PM

It sounds from your purchasing of Mistrust that you're going shadowmancer. Mistrust is a nice card to encourage your heroes to keep their distance from each other, good if you're trying to split them up. If you happened to have the "Expert Blow" card (unlikely at this point,) that synergizes beautifully with "Frenzy." Add the damage, get it back, attack again and get it back (surge dependent, of course.) 

#24 s1n

s1n

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

Expert Blow is from the Warlord class and requires 4 XP to purchase (2 level 1 skills first). I've purchased Imploding Rune and Mistrust from the Shadowmancer class.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS