Complete character sheet

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Elgaric

Elgaric

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:43 PM

Has anyone created a form fillable character sheet , that calculate dice pools, will all the sheets combined from EotE, AoE and F&D? Also will bigger areas for obligation, duty and Morality as well as the skills like the inclusion of Warfare

I'll admit I don't have the skills but when running all three together it would be great to have all the skills on one sheet and all the obligation etc on there also to allow everyone to play and have multiple bits.

For example in TESB Han had Obligation and Duty he would also have warfare by this point., if he was force sensitive he would've also had morality.

I've never seen one for EotE and AoE I just wondered if anyone had done this now they are all out.

#2 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:27 PM

Well, the best way to handle this would be a sheet that didn't list all the skills and instead just gave either blanks or dropdowns to choose the skill in each slot. As for Duty/Obligation/Morality, that could be done in one box, just split in thirds on the page and taking up the same room they already do on sheets like the fillable ones I have (see signature).

#3 OggDude

OggDude

I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon

• Members
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:05 PM

My character generator supports both EotE, AoR, and an upcoming one will support F&D.  It currently will support one or both CRBs and will generate appropriate character sheets with everything filled out.

• BrashFink, progressions, deeahchur and 6 others like this

Oggy

Get the latest SW Character Generator and GM Tools (Version 1.3.2.0, Released 9/19/2014) 

Drop BoxManual Install  Web Install     Google DriveManual Install  Web Install

#4 Jamwes

Jamwes

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:09 AM

There was a pretty good Excel spreadsheet for character creation, but the creater hasn't been on in a long time and it hasn't been updated for a few books.

#5 KevynnRedfern

KevynnRedfern

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:17 AM

OggDude's software is da bomb diggity!  Go look at it, and start using it.  You will be happy.

Kevynn

#6 bradknowles

bradknowles

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:47 PM

OggDude's software is da bomb diggity!  Go look at it, and start using it.  You will be happy.

Unless you’re not using Windows. In that case, you will be sad.
  • themensch likes this

Unless stated otherwise, these are just my personal opinions about how I feel things should work.  Even if I quote chapter and verse of a particular rulebook, only the part that's quoted is likely to actually be official.  Each GM will have to decide for themselves what rules they will use and which ones they won't, and how they will interpret the rules they do use.  That is their right -- and their responsibility.

"A FFG Star Wars Index" by Aahzmandius_Karrde: <http://community.fan...ar-wars-index/> | Github project at <https://github.com/k...rde/ffg_swrpg/>

"Dice Probability Generator" by Litheon: http://community.fan...lity-generator/

#7 Kaiser fon Riesen

Kaiser fon Riesen

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

Any leads on Mac-compatible generators/character sheets that would include all 3 Core books?

#8 bradknowles

bradknowles

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:29 PM

Any leads on Mac-compatible generators/character sheets that would include all 3 Core books?

The best I’ve heard is that OggDude has thought about taking his .Net-based code and turning it into a .Net-based website, which could hopefully be accessed by browsers like Firefox and/or Safari.

The MapTool folks have written their code in Java, and they supposedly have a CharacterTool program also written in Java, but while I can get MapTool to run on my MacBook Pro, I have not had any luck with any of their other programs.

Unless stated otherwise, these are just my personal opinions about how I feel things should work.  Even if I quote chapter and verse of a particular rulebook, only the part that's quoted is likely to actually be official.  Each GM will have to decide for themselves what rules they will use and which ones they won't, and how they will interpret the rules they do use.  That is their right -- and their responsibility.

"A FFG Star Wars Index" by Aahzmandius_Karrde: <http://community.fan...ar-wars-index/> | Github project at <https://github.com/k...rde/ffg_swrpg/>

#9 Elgaric

Elgaric

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:28 AM

Has anyone done this yet? I still cant find one as, as much as Ogg Program is great, I want just a plain sheet form fillable sheet.

Thanks for any updates.

#10 themensch

themensch

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:45 AM

FWIW you can get this generator to run in a virtual machine, although my meager ride can't handle the RAM requirements.  I too pine for a mac/online solution but.  

#11 bradknowles

bradknowles

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:03 PM

FWIW you can get this generator to run in a virtual machine, although my meager ride can't handle the RAM requirements.  I too pine for a mac/online solution but.

Yeah, I’ve got both VMware Fusion and VirtualBox installed. I use them in various capacities in my work life. But I don’t have Windows installed on any of the VMs, and I will avoid doing so if at all possible. To the greatest degree possible in my life, I simply "Don’t Do Windows."

Heck, I don’t even do any other form of Microsoft product, unless I am given no other choice. So, I don’t do Netflix on my Mac, because that requires Silverlight. They apparently found some way to avoid that on iOS, so I will do Netflix on my iPad.

My employer has recently moved their company mail services to Office365, but I only use the IMAP server portion, and I ignore the rest.

#12 themensch

themensch

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:51 PM

I simply "Don’t Do Windows."

I can't argue with the sentiment, but sometimes you need a screwdriver to get the job done, and a hammer just won't do. 

Copyrights & licenses being what they are, I don't really see this project moving to the web or even an official FFG equivalent, but heck if I wouldn't fund a kickstarter or subscribe to an on character builder.

#13 bradknowles

bradknowles

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:39 PM

I can't argue with the sentiment, but sometimes you need a screwdriver to get the job done, and a hammer just won't do.

I’m an amateur blacksmith, I’ve been a professional system administrator for twenty-five years, and a computer geek for nearly forty years. I’ve got enough tools in my toolbag that I can do pretty much anything I want, and if I can’t do it with my existing tools then I can always make the tools I need to do the job.

If not, then I probably don’t want that job anyway.

Over the years, there have been a few programs like OggDude’s program that I have not been able to take advantage of, but on the whole I am much happier and much more sane as a result of this choice.

But that is a choice.

#14 themensch

themensch

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:16 PM

I’ve been a professional system administrator for twenty-five years, and a computer geek for nearly forty years.

Hey, same here!   Good discussion for another thread, for sure.  

So now we pine.  

#15 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:09 PM

There are a number of character sheets around that are fillable from within Acrobat Reader and remain editable even after a single save. Granted this all depends on the author having recent copies of Acrobat Pro to make the forms on the page work and save with the appropriate rights. I believe that Acrobat Pro 11/Reader 11 can, by default, save pages that have been filled out without an issue. So, make sure your software is up to date.

#16 fatedtodie

fatedtodie

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:14 AM

The funny part is, if you took the time to do a few simple google/bing searches and read up on the tech. You could have written up your own character sheet that only seems to fit your needs and nobody else. You could have had this done in 3-4 hours and not seems like you hate anything that isn't exactly what you want.

We totally get on these forums and on reddit that you have a profound hatred of anything OggDude because you want things "your way".

Search how to create a PDF for free.

Search how to make a PDF from a picture.

Search how to make a PDF form fillable.

Search how to find joy in creating something yourself.

Search how to apologize to large groups.

Then if you feel a need has been filled and someone else may want this creation (though why? when OggDude's method works fine) then share it here and feel proud

What makes a good GM/PC/person is the ability to contribute and create something. If you can create the product rather than list "hasn't anyone done this yet?" you will find it that much more fun and your fellow Players will enjoy it that much more.

TL:DR, Odds are if something you begged for hasn't been made in a week it is because you are the only one that wanted it.

• progressions likes this

GM KnowledgeRhino

My group's adventure log through Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion stories. http://rhinospeaks.wordpress.com/

#17 themensch

themensch

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:06 PM

TL:DR, Odds are if something you begged for hasn't been made in a week it is because you are the only one that wanted it.

Well, I wouldn't go THAT far.  For instance, there have been lots of calls for an OggDude-like character generator for other OSes but the guy doesn't have time to do it.  Frankly, neither do I.  But I bet someone does, and it certainly doesn't hurt most people to ask.  Ask nicely, that is.

#18 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:37 PM

I did some work to try to replicate the behavior of OggDude's tool for a web-based online version, and all it really got me was an incredible respect for the amount of work he has put into his tool.

• themensch and bradknowles like this

EOTE Styles and Dice Symbols for Obsidian Portal

Our group's EOTE Obsidian Portal: Explorers on the Edge

#19 BrashFink

BrashFink

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:55 PM

OggDude's Tool is unparallelled. I have used form filled PDFs since this game came out... I will never mess with them again. I have a Mac... I make the stuff on my PC, then print to a PDF from Ogg's to use online via Roll20.

If you really want a form filled one, the one I used to use calculated dice pools. It is somewhere on the Compiled Resources List.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS