Included Miniatures

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

Just a response to those above complaining about the lack of variety, and/or the choices made for the contents of the Core Box;

This is exactly how Descent started off;

8 Heroes

5 Goblin Archers

5 Cave Spiders

5 Zombies

4 Barghest Hounds

4 Flesh Moulders

2 Ettins

2 Merriods

2 Elementals

2 Shadow Dragons

Based on the list above, there is only 1 more "monster type" here than there will be in Imperial Assault.  Even with all these monsters, you can't use whatever you want in any given mission in Descent; the scenario restricts you to different classifications of enemies you can add in.

Future expansions provide more monsters, and these monsters fill in the ranks of the monster types, so you have more variety not just in the overall monster pool, but with each monster type to add into the specific scenarios.  This is where the long term replay value comes in.

I can't imagine Imperial Assault not following this same pattern of small box/big box releases for expansions, and we already know they will have their own version of the Lieutenant Packs.

I know the Imperial Assault Core Set seems a little thin, but have faith, FFG will no doubt have already announced one or more expansions by the time Imperial Assault lands in stores.

• Bladen and Jedi Bendu like this

#22 thereisnotry

thereisnotry

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:54 PM

I spoke with one of the designers at Gencon, and he said that there will be three factions for the skirmish mode: Imperials, Rebels, and Mercenaries.  I think we can safely assume that we'll be getting a good amount of Merc pieces (whether in the base game or in the first few expansions), since you can't have a skirmish game with one of the factions being represented by only 1 or 2 sculpts.

• Budgernaut likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS