• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gary Manning

Gary Manning

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:05 AM

Hello all,

I am busy in the process of arranging a game of AH, but would like to encourage players to visit Miskatonic University. Players hardly visit this site/area.

Does anyone have any ideas/scenarios/thoughts on this? Nothing game changing. I just want to encourage people to visit the University (its an important landmark of Arkham), with some form of benefit........for the player.....

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,268 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:27 AM

You can use this custom guardian created by Amikezor:

AShadowFromThePast-Guardian.jpg

This was designed with the general aim of increasing stable locations being visited, so, not University-specific, but maybe it could help :)

• metalizm likes this
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 subochre

subochre

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:01 PM

And of course there's the MU Institution from Miskatonic Horror (photo, text).  I haven't actually played it, so I don't know how useful it is--I suspect that the only thing normally worth doing is Advanced Classes, the first use of which is like an improved science building.  Of course, since they haven't already been going to the science building, maybe that won't help, but the institution should still make that whole neighborhood feel a little more special.

#4 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,268 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:21 PM

Yeah, never used that myself. IIRC, there were some complaints about the costs for activating the cards? Dunno.

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#5 subochre

subochre

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:49 PM

Yeah, to be honest I haven't used any of them, because from what I remember each of them had one "holy crap yes" ability (retainers for everybody, something involving allies?) and several "why would you ever do that"s.

Still, it might make a decent tourism advertisement for players in need of a bit of a nudge. ^_^

#6 Jake yet again

Jake yet again

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:53 AM

See also:

http://sendalink.fil...-front-face.png

http://boardgamegeek...hemical-effects

Lovecraft Country Horror - A completely FREE Big Box expansion for Arkham Horror, exploring the minor locations of the Cthulhu Mythos. Contains: Lovecraft Country Board, 16 Investigators, 4 Ancient Ones, 16 Skills, 32 Common Items, 24 Unique Items, 10 Spells, 16 Music of Erich Zann cards, 76 Leads, 4 Allies, 32 Monsters, 24 Injuries and Madnesses, 54 Mythos Cards, 41 Outer World Encounters, 52 Location Encounters for each Neighbourhood.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS