EotE recruitment, Friday evenings 7-10pm MST(-7GMT) Google Hangouts+

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#121 Osprey

Osprey

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

Ok looking forward to it. Did you guys ever decide on a firm day and time?

#122 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:25 PM

looks like 7pm pacific time. As I recall

#123 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:40 AM

http://www.fearthebo...p/archives/3741

Might be good for us to do.

Though i think we have sort of done this.

#124 Kerfuffin925

Kerfuffin925

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:14 AM

Maybe Osprey's char is the one who brings the force sensitives to the rebels attention?

or hes mouthing off about how hes going to pick them up on the bounty and a rebel hears it, word gets out and thats why i and my team (to be killed off en route) go as well.

very interesting listen/read

#125 Kerfuffin925

Kerfuffin925

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:18 AM

Never done this on the computer before, need pretty much step by step to set it all up.

Once we get all the emails i think we can get it all set up. it's not all that complicated once we get it set up.

and i think we decided starting in two weeks at the times daeglan mentioned

#126 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:23 AM

We probably want so e thing that is a more solid anchor to the party for osprey. You have a goal for to get us into the rebels and we have a common enemy. Gribble and I had the same master and have a shared goal with differing philosophy.

Maybe you and osprey have a shared history somehow.

#127 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:40 AM

Like maybe you know the jerk leightenant and had problems with them.

#128 Osprey

Osprey

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:54 PM

I agree with what you 2 are saying and play it out. Maybe, I am going to far with role-playing but I built Tench with basically the thoughts you 2 are having but a little bit deeper. I am (Tench) in a pretty bleak part of life. Having little trust for others and trying to climb out of the rut that has been my life. I need to start seeing that there is good that goes with the bad. My possessions are a old worn out hold out pistol that I bought while still in the Navy, old grimy heavy uniform coveralls, and previously used military backpack that were issued to me because the Imps don't issue the best equipment to new recruits fresh out of Mech school (I might as well have bought them due to the amount of creds spent try trying to clean them). After observing the party trying to figure out what to make of them and what the hell Force Sensitives/Users are, things start to look up. Just remember I need convinced cause it is my original intent to take everyone in for the bounty that the guild administrator is probably gonna rip me off of some how...imagine the fight if I tried, how bad would I be messed up trying to take 3 of you all on? Not trying to force this, but think of the possibilities Nevermind could come up with and the role-playing with this that we could do as a side to the original story line Nevermind came up with.       

#129 Kerfuffin925

Kerfuffin925

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:04 PM

Maybe this.
Obviously the rebellion cant advertise they are the rebellion so we set up a touring/ferrying agency front. We happen to be touring to the force sensitive planet. Tench cant book fancy passage so he comes to the rebel touring agency to book passage. to keep up apperances we agree. we can RP meeting and the passage briefly in the first session before (Plot Device) makes it the two of us.

and Osprey i would start with the 10k of extra gear if i were you or atleast some stuff to deal with computers/mechanics. no need to put yourself at a disadvantage.

#130 Osprey

Osprey

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:21 PM

What I'll do is take the tool kit  and slicer kit price from the 10k since those were prized possessions, and minimize the rest unless you can thing of something else I may need. I have binders, comlink, stimpack x4, and my backpack along with the tools and slicer gear now (love Oggdudes' char generator). What are you thinking of as far as getting the characters together?

#131 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:27 PM

you could also upgrade your armor. possibly upgrade a blaster etc.

#132 Kerfuffin925

Kerfuffin925

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:32 PM

maybe a datapad and a fusion lantern. i would look into a better weapon/armor as we are bound to see some form of combat

well the two jedi are on this other planet, I am a rebel sent to help recruit them and you are brining them in for the Imperial Bounty.

Me and you meet up off planet, you need transport to [Jedi Planet] and the rebel front business of [Star Tours] can take you there, because we are secretly going there for the same reasons. Something bad happens when we get close and crash or loose the other people who came with us. then us two meet up with the two Jedi charecters (Daeglan and gribble) and go save the universe or something

#133 Osprey

Osprey

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:46 PM

I'll up grade my armor and weapon's  however I can, picked up tools and a bunch of other stuff to help with slicing, as if I was a little more established. Running out of encumbrance.  

Do the Jedi know I am coming or do I need to walk up to them with a thermal detonator?

#134 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:58 PM

We do not know neverminds plan yet. But we likely will not know you are coming.

#135 Osprey

Osprey

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:07 PM

Can we exchange emails in PM? I can send you guys my char sheet to look at if you downloaded Oggdude's generator

#136 Kerfuffin925

Kerfuffin925

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:17 PM

for the first half session or so from what i am thinking will happen (keep in mind im almost always wrong) me and you will be together and the jedi will be together. we will meet up halfway though that session and figure out how to continue from there.

#137 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:28 PM

Sure. the only one without PM access is gribble. his is broken,

#138 Kerfuffin925

Kerfuffin925

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:46 PM

I'll up grade my armor and weapon's  however I can, picked up tools and a bunch of other stuff to help with slicing, as if I was a little more established. Running out of encumbrance.  

Do the Jedi know I am coming or do I need to walk up to them with a thermal detonator?

also i would think of a way for your character to  come to terms with not joining the BH guild, if he decides screw it and continues to take them in it would pretty disruptive i think. While there might be a way for my char (Rebel) and your BH to meet, there should be a reason why we stick together after we find the force sensitives. They are looking to expand their knowledge (maybe/possiby?), i want to help recruit them for the alliance and you want to capture them for the bounty. Mine and theirs arent mutually exclusive, your reasons for being there seem a bit limiting to the rest of us. so just keep that in mind over the next few weeks. we dont want the party to start fighting as soon as we meet up in game.

• Daeglan likes this

#139 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:04 PM

also i would think of a way for your character to  come to terms with not joining the BH guild, if he decides screw it and continues to take them in it would pretty disruptive i think. While there might be a way for my char (Rebel) and your BH to meet, there should be a reason why we stick together after we find the force sensitives. They are looking to expand their knowledge (maybe/possiby?), i want to help recruit them for the alliance and you want to capture them for the bounty. Mine and theirs aren't mutually exclusive, your reasons for being there seem a bit limiting to the rest of us. so just keep that in mind over the next few weeks. we don't want the party to start fighting as soon as we meet up in game.

I agree. That I why i was mentioning needing a more solid anchor to the group. Kerfuffle Gribble and I have goals that mesh well and are likely to build into a strong bond. Your wanting to capture Gribble and I will lead to hostility. As we would turn on you. The bounty contract is a fine reason to bring us together. But you need a reason why you would not follow through and would instead join us. Maybe you find out the bounty was put out by the guy who ran you out of imperial service and want to stick it to him. Maybe you had a brief encounter with Kerfuffle's character in the past and it was a positive encounter maybe he stuck his neck out for you...

Basically why would you betray your contract and stick with us.

As an example you show up to take Gribble and I in but see kerfuffle with us and go I can't hurt that guy...I owe him....crap....

#140 Osprey

Osprey

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:06 PM

When we get this going, I will roll with the flow. Thats roll playing, was thinking that the Jedi do something to start changing my mind will I was observing them or save my life when I get jumped by either an opposing bounty hunter or a bounty hunter tracking me. Never was looking for that fight.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS