EotE recruitment, Friday evenings 7-10pm MST(-7GMT) Google Hangouts+

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#41 gribble

gribble

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:01 PM

Nevermind - I have all three books, and yeah, I'm sure we can get you the stuff you need for F&D.

Daeglan - Probably prefer holocron, although I'm not sure if both groups would get a starting pick. If I was GMing, I'd probably say that the group as a whole still only gets one starting bonus, you just widen the pool of options based on the group composition. If we go with that (and depending on the campaign) I'd suggest we go with a ship of some kind. If we get both, I'm easy on holocron or mentor - will have to give character options and backstory some thought.

:)

In terms of character I'm probably thinking some sort of kel dor seer, or a nautolan warrior type. Perhaps aggressor on the darker side of the morality scale if that will fit with other characters and the story Nevermind has in mind. Kind of a "clone wars Anakin" mentality of shoot first, ask questions later.

Star Wars Edge of the Empire (Beta test) resources

Reference Sheets | Combat Reference Sheet | Critical Cards | Talent Tree Reference

#42 Kerfuffin925

Kerfuffin925

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:16 PM

I have AoR and EoTE and a few of the EotE splats between me and my friend.

i was thinking of a oh i dont know. ill think of something once i know more about whats going on

#43 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:26 PM

I am thinking of a human with Mystic Seer, and the Ataru Striker tree. I would love to do 2 shoto Sabers. With Ilum or Krayt dragon pearl crystals.

If Nevermind is cool on starting at knight level.... I am thinking more warrior monk walking the lighter side.

I guess i would kind of be your balance. Striking the right place is better than striking the wrong place first...

#44 gribble

gribble

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:35 PM

Sounds good. If you're thinking seer then I'll definitely go the nautolan aggressor path, assuming the other players and Nevermind as GM are ok with me doing that. If not I'll likely tone it down a little on the aggression/dark side path and go more of a warrior/brawler rough and tumble "good guy" type (kind of like a less hairy Chewie).

Edited by gribble, 28 August 2014 - 10:36 PM.

Star Wars Edge of the Empire (Beta test) resources

Reference Sheets | Combat Reference Sheet | Critical Cards | Talent Tree Reference

#45 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:45 PM

I think a good hearted overly aggressive type is fine. Skate that edge. :) Just don't go over :P

A holocron is cool with me.  The reason I kind of think of doing multiple compatible group items makes sense is it allows every part of the party to get what they need.

Edited by Daeglan, 28 August 2014 - 10:51 PM.

#46 Kerfuffin925

Kerfuffin925

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:57 PM

Well i found some F&D stuff and the Sentinel stuff seems interesting Shien Expert maybe.

i wish there was a way to make the sheet easier than monkeying around in a character sheet pdf

#47 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:03 PM

there is. Go look at the Another character generator thread. Just waiting for Oggdude to finish the update. he is testing it and it is killing us waiting for him to post it.

http://community.fan...cter-generator/
Here

Edited by Daeglan, 28 August 2014 - 11:04 PM.

#48 Kerfuffin925

Kerfuffin925

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:05 PM

yeah i have that and have been playing around with it for a few weeks now. i was hoping you guys would say he had the update done >.<

#49 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:53 PM

Well, I did some research on it.  Looks like I would need to go pick up the beta rulebook for Force and Destiny to properly start a game using it.  It does actually look pretty good, so I won't object to buying it if everyone really wants to play as a Force-using character.  I would rather play the EotE first and then maybe transition to F&D later, but it's up to you guys.  I guess I should ask the question, who already owns the following right now?

Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook?  Yes

Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook?  No

Force & Destiny Core Rulebook Beta?  No

Let me know what you have and that should help us decide which version we're best equipped to play.  I know the basic mechanics are all the same, but someone is going to have to know what Force Skills and Talent Trees are in the F&D Beta before we start a game in it.  If someone else has the AOR or the F&D and they want to make a character for that, I'm cool with it.  I just need a break down of what different rules are going to apply in game and descriptions on the character sheets of the skills/talents.

Edit:  Daeglan, sounds like you already have the F&D Beta, so by all means feel free to make a Force User.   :D

i have all the current books.

#50 Kerfuffin925

Kerfuffin925

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:54 PM

Yeah once i know a bit more about what the rest of yall want to do, and hopefully the character generator is updated soonish ill have an easier time planning something out

#51 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:56 PM

check your PMs

#52 Nevermind

Nevermind

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:01 AM

Well, you have plenty of time to finish it, so don't worry.  I like the ideas you guys are throwing out there.  I'm all for having a darkish side Force User mixed with a lightish side Force User in the group.  Makes for some good story telling.  Eventually the group will have to choose one side or the other, so it really just depends on the decisions you guys make as a group.  If the whole group is split half and half, one side is going to have to "turn" the other side eventually.  Or you guys can make it easy on yourselves and pick light or dark before we start.  Either way works for me.

I agree with Gribble that the group should only get one starting "Group Item".  And I'm ok with it being a holocron if that's what the group decides on.  Sounds like Kerfuffin might change his mind and make a Force User after all.

I've never been one to use the pre-made adventures out of the source books, so I'll come up with something good between now and the first session.  You guys are free to come up with any back story you like as long as it doesn't interfere with canon.  Saying something like "my grandfather was a Jedi Knight during the Clone Wars, and my mother hid me on the planet Annaj in the Moddell Sector" is fine for a background.  Something that wouldn't be ok would be "my father was actually Anakin Skywalker and I lived right next door to Luke growing up."  I'm sure you guys can come up with some good background stories though.  I'll probably be using a lot of Wizards of the Coast material to come up with the basis of the storyline, but I'll make sure all of the game mechanics are set to the FFG rules.

Still need one more player to round off the group if anyone is interested!

#53 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:09 AM

Maybe we grew up at a temple that during the clone wars got forgotten and stopped getting supplies. Maybe explorer corps. and over the last 50 years a new generation was born and we get off planet some how....

• Nevermind likes this

#54 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:15 AM

Premade adventures should be ripped apart and used as spare parts for the game you are running.

The modular encounters from Suns of fortune are probably more useful than actual adventures for most GMs.

#55 Kerfuffin925

Kerfuffin925

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:40 AM

Maybe we grew up at a temple that during the clone wars got forgotten and stopped getting supplies. Maybe explorer corps. and over the last 50 years a new generation was born and we get off planet some how....

that seems good to me

#56 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:50 AM

So where were we and how did we get off? When are we and what do we know about what is happening in the universe. I am assuming we got the message from Obi-wan.

Also Nevermind Page 219 knight level play...you cool with that?
Perhaps we are the most skilled of the new generation setting out to get a state of the galaxy and next steps.

#57 Kerfuffin925

Kerfuffin925

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:03 AM

http://starwars.wiki...mple_(Arkinnea)
seems perfect for what you were thinking of.

a holocron activated and sent us out?
the master felt Obi-Wan die via the force and sends us out

#58 Nevermind

Nevermind

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:08 AM

I'm ok with knight level play as long as the backgrounds are detailed enough to warrant it.  Doesn't have to be a novel, but I typically write a one page BG for a level 4 character or two page BG for a level 8 character in WotC.  Haven't created any characters in the FFG rules yet, still reading EotE.  One page should be enough, no more than two pages though. If you're not a strong writer, just give it your best shot and I'll work with you on the BG story.

As far as getting off planet, that will likely be your group's first goal if you decide to use the "secluded forgotten temple" as your group background.  Timeline will be around 1 to 2 years BBY or ABY.  I'll have to do some delving to come up with that.  Keep the ideas coming though.  Definitely a collaborative effort here.

#59 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:15 AM

yeah that planet is ripe for stealing idea from.
as is this http://starwars.wiki...om/wiki/K'Kruhk

I think we should cobble together a new planet altogether.  A new master. etc.

Some planet names

Arbela Jais
Dagtar Firja
Melmelhon
Onact
Vernala

Some possible names for the Jedi Master
Aud Lun
Cenfol Gulno
Den Kat
Den Lei
Ger Drae
Koro Lar Ba
Nn Rhy Tho
Talthi

Awesome tool i found
http://comnet.imperi...om/topic/11012/

#60 Kerfuffin925

Kerfuffin925

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:21 AM

ill think on it tonight and the next few days. it's bed time here in california.

and that tool is pretty cool.

Once we all know a bit more it should be easier to figure out how we want to start/continue on

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS