• 1,570 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:03 PM

Do you do rugby after 6pm in the dark?

#22 Kerfuffin925

Kerfuffin925

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

between travel and everything else i could not commit to that early in the evening

#23 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

Just teleport. Problem solved. :)
i am sure that can be worked out as well.
When is the earliest you can commit to?

What would you want to play?

Edited by Daeglan, 28 August 2014 - 03:09 PM.

#24 Kerfuffin925

Kerfuffin925

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:40 PM

THB this would be my frist delve into the narrative RPG type. ive been doing D&D for about 10 years now and i do enjoy the RP aspect.

Anything you and everyone else is up for. i am thinking 7-730ish PST

#25 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:50 PM

What do you see your character as? is there a career that stands out as what you want to play?

#26 gribble

gribble

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

i have access to just about everything other than F&D beta right now.

however i do have rugby games every saturday starting soon, so saturday might not work for me

Rugby? Champion! As a kiwi (New Zealander) I wholeheartedly approve.

:)

• Kerfuffin925 likes this

Star Wars Edge of the Empire (Beta test) resources

Reference Sheets | Combat Reference Sheet | Critical Cards | Talent Tree Reference

#27 Nevermind

Nevermind

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

Ok, sounds like there is some time conflicts, but I'm glad there's interest.  I haven't been a GM for a FFG game yet, but I used to GM for Wizards of the Coast games, so I don't mind being the GM if no one else is interested.  What times can people make it to a game session and what is your preferred time?

6 pm PST Friday - Yes

7 pm PST Friday - Yes

6 pm PST Saturday - Yes

7 pm PST Saturday - Yes (preferred time)

If there are any other times people would rather meet, please let me know.  We probably won't be able to start this weekend, so lets plan for the following weekend.  Either September 5th or 6th can be our first session.  As far as a premise, I am good with doing anything EotE, but I don't have AOR or F&D material yet, so I'd prefer to stick with anything inside of the EotE unless there is popular demand for one of the other two.  Let me know what your preference is, I'm pretty flexible and can go buy something if everyone wants to play a different version.

#28 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:16 PM

all those work for me.

I would really like to try out the F&D stuff. and I think Gribble would like to as well.

I think diversifying the party is good. a little edge and f&d makes for a good party

#29 gribble

gribble

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

Honestly, from the GM side, there really isn't much difference in prepping for an EotE game vs an AoR or F&D game, but as I said I'm happy for anything FFG/Star Wars.

In terms of times, at this stage I could only really regularly commit to 6pm PST Saturday or 7pm PST Saturday, with the 6pm slot being my preference. That being said, neither this coming weekend, nor the weekend after (5/6 Sept) work for me as I have other engagements planned for my Sunday afternoon (X-wing minis this weekend, and a warmachine/hordes tournament next weekend). 

After that I should be ok, at least for a fortnightly game.

Reference Sheets | Combat Reference Sheet | Critical Cards | Talent Tree Reference

#30 Nevermind

Nevermind

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

Ok, I don't have a problem with that as far as starting 2 weekends from now.  Will give us more time to get more players on board.  I'm good with doing F&D, I just need to do some research on it.  Not finished going through the rules in the EotE book yet, but sounds like I'll have plenty of time.

Since we'll have about 2 weeks, will give plenty of time for character creation and coming up with some background story for the group.  I've never used Google Hangouts, but I've done game sessions with mIRC and Skype before, so should workout.  Anyone else used Google Hangouts before?

#31 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:37 PM

I have used hangouts with the roll20 for mapping and the Edge of the Empire hangout tool for dice.

Are you guys cool with starting at knight level? 150XP after chargen and lightsaber for F&D characters 10K credits for others?
7PM sat seems to be what everyone can do so far.

#32 Kerfuffin925

Kerfuffin925

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:03 PM

i will think of a few things and post a link to what i have or a general idea here (or somewhere else?)

that being said i do have an affinity for the rebels, but can accomidate the group

i have access to just about everything other than F&D beta right now.

however i do have rugby games every saturday starting soon, so saturday might not work for me

Rugby? Champion! As a kiwi (New Zealander) I wholeheartedly approve.

Over here in America we are still the Olympic champs! atleast till after the 2016 Olympics...

meh 7s is silly anyways.

Edited by Kerfuffin925, 28 August 2014 - 07:06 PM.

#33 gribble

gribble

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

Over here in America we are still the Olympic champs! atleast till after the 2016 Olympics...

meh 7s is silly anyways.

Indeed. That question is a fairly common pub quiz/trivia question here in NZ. Everyone assumes it'd be NZ, South Africa or perhaps England. No one suspects the US!

I don't mind 7s, but here at least it's very much the "beer & pretzels" kind of game. The NZ leg of the 7s, held in Wellington where I live, is pretty much just a big 2 day fancy dress piss up... good fun even if the rugby is just something that happens in the background.

#34 Kerfuffin925

Kerfuffin925

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:18 PM

time hasnt been kind to USA rugby, 90 years and it all goes to poo

yeah, i really want to make it out to Vegas for that one, and ive heard dubai is the best.

that and the olympics would be great to see for everything else going on as well

#35 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

Rugby... is that like hut ball?

#36 Kerfuffin925

Kerfuffin925

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:51 PM

there is drinking in hutt ball right?

then yes

#37 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:56 PM

So it sounds like Nevermind is GM

Gribble PC Jedish
Daeglan PC Jedish
Kerfuffin925 PC troublemaker of some sort....I am sure he will deny it too....

If Kerfuffin does an edge character he gets a ship.
Gribble do we want holocron or mentor?

#38 Nevermind

Nevermind

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:02 PM

Well, I did some research on it.  Looks like I would need to go pick up the beta rulebook for Force and Destiny to properly start a game using it.  It does actually look pretty good, so I won't object to buying it if everyone really wants to play as a Force-using character.  I would rather play the EotE first and then maybe transition to F&D later, but it's up to you guys.  I guess I should ask the question, who already owns the following right now?

Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook?  Yes

Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook?  No

Force & Destiny Core Rulebook Beta?  No

Let me know what you have and that should help us decide which version we're best equipped to play.  I know the basic mechanics are all the same, but someone is going to have to know what Force Skills and Talent Trees are in the F&D Beta before we start a game in it.  If someone else has the AOR or the F&D and they want to make a character for that, I'm cool with it.  I just need a break down of what different rules are going to apply in game and descriptions on the character sheets of the skills/talents.

Edit:  Daeglan, sounds like you already have the F&D Beta, so by all means feel free to make a Force User.  :D

Edited by Nevermind, 28 August 2014 - 09:04 PM.

#39 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:17 PM

You don't really need F&D to GM it and I am sure we can get you the parts you actually need. Which mostly is the stuff on Morality and how to make an inquisitor.

#40 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:27 PM

i have the book,

You would need the talents we actually have. the rules for lightsabers we have, The force powers we have. the rules for morality, The rules for making an inquisitor. Mostly to beat on us :P

And yes the book is very cool and you probably will want it because it is cool. But for your end of the table not much you need as the running of things in Edge covers most of it :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS