EotE recruitment, Friday evenings 7-10pm MST(-7GMT) Google Hangouts+

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#181 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:21 AM

stuck with Windows 7. For the win. Sounds like the next version will go back to the windows 7 desktop for desktop PCs. touch interface for tablets and phones.

#182 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:53 AM

Sorry I was away from my computer all weekend, went up to San Francisco and spent most of it at the beach.  I got a bunch of emails while I was typing this up and I haven’t looked at them yet, but I’ll reply later tonight when I get through going over them.  Love the level of participation from you guys.

So far I see two groups of two prior to the start of the first session.  Gribble and Daeglan (Jedi Group), Kerfuffin and Osprey (Rebel Group).  I’ll start referring to them as such to make things easier.  I’ll start with the Jedi Group BG first, since that one is the bigger base of the storyline.

Jedi Group:

Love the ideas so far for the Jedi Group BG.  However, the [Jungle Planet] is going to have to be more secluded than what it appears to be so far.  Think something more like Yavin 4 and Lamaredd put together, with an indigenous species that still exists, a small settlement of “fringers”, and an “abandoned” Jedi Temple.  I can easily come up with a planet name, history, and description if you guys would like or you can collaborate between the two of you to come up with them yourselves.  Or pick a pre-existing planet to start on.  It will have to be something that has a settlement, but either no established spaceport or a very rarely visited one (creating a new planet will be infinitely easier than finding a pre-existing one since I don’t know of one like that myself).  But because of the seclusion needed to make the BGs and the overall storyline work, there won’t be any Imperial presence on the planet after Order 66 has been executed and the Jedi Temple has been wiped out.

Gribble – For your character’s BG, instead of the stormtroopers being involved, just substitute them with something else, like a local gang of thugs or a tribe of the indigenous species or corrupt local security forces (basically anything “local” to the planet). I like the idea of a companion for your character though too.  Not sure which one yet, I’ll have to research the jungle cats and get back to you.  Also, you won’t be able to start with a lightsaber if you want to start with the jungle cat, and you’ll have half the starting credits worth of equipment (this will reflect the fact that you are a “local” and basically means your “jungle cat” is worth 5,000 credits of your starting 10,000 credits).

Daeglan – Your good with as far as starting with a lightsaber and I like the Krayt Dragon Pearl idea too.  It can be just one pearl with two other “basic” crystals to complete it.  Either your mentor can make it for you or building it yourself can be part of your BG, just let me know which you want to go with.  Also, since you’re going with the lightsaber option, you’ll only have 500 starting credits during character creation, but let me know if you need anything specific that costs more and we can try to justify you having it through your BG.

As far as your mentor goes, you guys can be as creative with that as you like.  I like all the ideas you have for him so far with the “still alive” option, the “spirit ghost” option, or the “passing on a holocron” option. That’s entirely up to you as well as your mentors BG (which doesn’t have to be long at all, unless you want it to be).  Just take the comm station part out since there won’t be an established Imperial presence on the planet.  Also, don’t worry about the “shuttle crash” part of the background, cause that will be the start of the first session.  The end point for your Jedi Group BG can be anything as long as it remains “local”, can even be just a regular old day for you guys to start off the first session with or it can be right after the death of your mentor or anything else you guys want it to be.  Don’t worry about meeting the Rebel Group yet, you guys are going to all meet up during the first session.

Ok, I’ll post something for the Rebel Group BG in about an hour.  I’m going to have to give a little more guidance with Kerfuffin and Osprey so that they can fit into the storyline I have in mind, but I’ll basically be picking from all of the ideas you guys have been throwing out there.  Love the ideas, btw.  You guys are definitely being very creative with the BGs, which I love.

So since the Imperials have been removed. I stole the pearl from the Captain of a slaver ship while freeing some slaves. this captain gets the big game hunter attributes and is a she.... Assuming the slavers and natives idea I floated gets the go ahead. Adds a slaver to our list of enemies we could run into in the future.  I imagine Ospreys Lieutenant would be another possible enemy we could encounter Not sure what kind of past baggage Kerfuffle brings.......I'm helping!

Edited by Daeglan, 02 September 2014 - 01:58 AM.

#183 Kerfuffin925

Kerfuffin925

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:06 AM

well if i stay Dornean i have been fighting against the empire since shortly after its inception, im sure there are all kinds of Imerials who dont like the Dorneans for resisting imperial occupation. also i fought against the CIS and those who would remember that could be bothered (creating tension as a not small portion of them could be allies to the rebellion). and anti-alien sentiment is at an all time high, just existing should be enough to piss off some people. certain factions within the dornean military/political power structure dont like the unofficial sanctioning of rebel activity. anything alliance high command tells me to do.

(I think the rebel tie in gives nevermind a wide array of things to get us into, and if the rest of the party gets on board with the whole rebellion thing it opens up even more so).

#184 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:12 AM

Yes everybody hates you :P I just kicked sand in a few peoples faces on top of that :P

• Kerfuffin925 likes this

#185 Kerfuffin925

Kerfuffin925

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:50 PM

any word on a roll20/alternate forum?

#186 Osprey

Osprey

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:07 PM

Havent seen any.

#187 Osprey

Osprey

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:57 AM

Wow we got quiet pretty fast. Nevermind I sent you my updated BG.

#188 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:59 AM

I think because we are waiting for nevermind to give us the info on which forum place what ever we are going to use. As that is the better place for this discussion. 

#189 Osprey

Osprey

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:03 AM

Agreed

#190 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:14 AM

Though I did kind of thought he would have posted it by now. As it would be nice to take the jedi group to one thread and the rebel group to another thread. and refine things. Also would be nice to see some feedback on the adjustments Gribble and I suggested. :)

Need patience I know...

Edited by Daeglan, 03 September 2014 - 01:41 AM.

#191 Osprey

Osprey

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:37 AM

It will happen with time, I know.

#192 Kerfuffin925

Kerfuffin925

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:13 PM

Impatience can lead to the darkside... :P

#193 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:24 PM

but tell me why......

#194 Osprey

Osprey

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:15 PM

Um...cause good things come to those that wait?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS