Time for a Windows Dice App

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Corradus

Corradus

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

So, we have a dice roller for smartphones, but not everyone has a smartphone or a tablet.  Frankly I believe you're more likely to find laptops and even desktops at a game than you are smartphones and tablets.

That being the case, isn't it time somebody from FFG took a look at a Dice App for Windows?  Can it be that hard to take the one you have already and alter it so it works on Windows?  I mean, it's snazzy and well done, but it's not the mainframe OS at NORAD or anything, it can't be that hard to do can it?

Come on, guys, it's time isn't it?

For those who might suggest Android Emulators for the PC, I tried Bluestacks but it makes my PC crash for reasons known only to it and Almighty God....

Pretty Please?

• knasserII likes this

#2 Ghostofman

Ghostofman

• Members
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:52 PM

http://game2.com/eote/#

MAGIC HEADPHONES PROTECT ME FROM THE SPACE!

#3 Corradus

Corradus

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:03 PM

Oh, hey, thank you very much Ghostofman.  Problem solved!

#4 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 949 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:39 AM

I've written one as well. Doesn't have any fancy graphics, but I prefer simple to pretty.

• Corradus likes this

#5 knasserII

knasserII

• Members
  • 913 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

I know it's not quite what was asked for but it's not very well known and deserves more coverage - there's an EotE dice roller for Windows Phone. Just search for Edge of the Empire in the store and it will show up. Very nice, very quick and looks good.

Something for those of us with Windows phones anyway.

I lack credentials.

#6 Skie

Skie

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:40 PM

One of the main reasons I chose an adroid phone over a windows phone a few months ago was the apparent lack of EotE dice roller for the latter... When GMing I really prefer to roll the dice on the phone - much faster, can save pools etc etc.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS