Photo

Since FFG Has Clearly Been Listening to the Community….

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Colicoid

Colicoid

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:01 PM

….Thank you FFG! 

But in all seriousness, with the new Scum and Villainy faction confirmed and 100% bonafide awesome, I present my suggestion for the next installment come wave 7 or 8. 

Hound's Tooth/YV-666 Expansion Pack

Maneuver Dial: 

0- green square

1- green forward, green left bank, green right bank

2- green forward, green left bank, green right bank 

3- white forward, white left bank, white right bank, red sharp right, red sharp left

4- red forward 

5- none

Pilots: 

Bossk

YV-666

Pilot Skill: 8

Attack- 3

Agility- 1

Hull- 11

Shields- 2

Actions: Target Lock, Focus

Upgrades: Crew, Missile, Missile, Turret,  Cannon, Droid, System Upgrade, Elite Talent

Special Rule: Whenever this ship becomes the target of an attack, the attacking ship receives a stress token. 

(Points Cost 47)

Tinian I'att Azur-Jamin

YV-666

Pilot Skill: 7

Attack- 3

Agility- 1

Hull- 11

Shields- 2

Upgrades: Crew, Crew, Droid 

Special Rule: Whenever this ship makes a green maneuver, you may roll one attack dice, if the result is a "hit" or "critical hit," you may repair one hull point. 

(Points Cost 43) 

Uran Lavint

YV-666

Pilot Skill: 6

Attack- 3

Agility- 1

Hull- 11

Shields- 2

Upgrades: Turret, Crew

Special Rule: Once per game, this ship may make a K-Turn maneuver, treating it as a Green maneuver rather than red. 

(Points Cost 40) 

Trandoshan Slaver

YV-666

Pilot Skill: 4

Attack- 3

Agility- 1

Hull- 11

Shields- 2

Upgrades: Turret, Crew, Droid, System Upgrade

(Points Cost 38) 

Title: 

Hound's Tooth (Title)- You may deploy one extra ship, a Z-95 Headhunter with the Nashtah Pup title at no squad point cost, it must begin the game in base contact with the Hound's Tooth. (Points Cost: 9) 

Crew: 

Wookie Captive: Whenever this ship is attacked, the attacking ship receives one stress token (points cost 7) 

T'doshok Boarding Party: If this ship makes base contact with an enemy ship, immediately remove any crew, droids, or elite talents it has equipped. (point cost 10) 

Droids: 

X10-D Draft Droid: Flip one of your face-down damage cards face-up, and recover 2 hull points (up to your original hull point value) (points cost 8)

Flirt: Discard your target lock token, instead of firing a missile, the targeted enemy ship treats all actions as red for the next turn. (point cost 12) 

System Upgrades: 

Shipboard Droid Brain: Treat this ship's agility value as being one higher (point cost 3) 

Escape Pod: On the turn when this ship is destroyed, you may transfer its pilot value (if higher) to any ship within range 1-2 (point cost 5) 

Rear Warning Sensor: If an enemy ship is attacking from outside this ship's firing arc, increase this ship's agility by 1 (point cost 3) 

Turrets: 

Blaster Turret: Attack 3, Range 1-2 - Attack (focus): Spend 1 focus token to perform this attack against 1 ship(even a ship outside your firing arc) (points cost 4) 

Quad Laser Turret: Attack 4, Range 1 - Attack (target lock): Spend 1 target lock token to perform this attack against 1 ship (even a ship outside your firing arc) (points cost 6) 

Cannons: 

Ion Cannon: Attack 3, Range 1-3, Attack: Attack 1 ship. If this attack hits, the defender suffers 1 damage and receives 1 ion token. Then cancel all dice results. (points cost 3) 

Turbolaser: Attack 1, Range 1-3, Attack: Attack 1 ship (small ships receive 1 additional evade dice), if this attack hits, destroy that ship. (points cost 8) 

Missiles: 

Concussion Missile: Attack 4, Range 2-3, Attack(Target Lock): spend your target lock to discard this card to perform this attack. You may change 1 of your blank results to a hit result (points cost 4) 

Photon Missile: Attack 2, Range 2-3, Attack (Target Lock): spend your target lock to discard this card to perform this attack. An enemy ship damaged by this attack may only perform 1 speed maneuvers in the next turn. (points cost 5) 

Modifications: 

Trophy Rack: This ship may gain two focus tokens when using the "focus" action (points cost 9) 

Auxiliary Targeting Relay: This ship may lock on to 2 enemy ships with a single lock-on action, and therefore fire two missiles as 1 secondary weapon attack. (points cost 12) 

Elite Talents: 

Predator: When attacking, you may reroll 1 attack die. If the defender's pilot skill value is "2" or lower, you may instead reroll up to 2 attack die. 

Prey: If this ship attacks an enemy ship that is not within range 1 of any friendly ships, you may treat the defender's agility value as 1 less than it actually is. 

Pack Hunter: If this ship is within range 1 of any friendly ships, treat its attack value as being 1 higher than it actually is for attack rolls. 

#2 Ebak

Ebak

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:07 PM

I'd love a YV-666. The problem I see with it...is the scale. It is almost two times the length of the falcon. It's 63 meters long. The Decimator is 43 and that thing is huuuuuuge. So as much as I want the YV-666. It is very unlikely we will get it.

• Bipolar Potter and Jordan Peacock like this

#3 Tipperary

Tipperary

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:10 PM

I could see it as a Huge ship, at 1/270th it'd be the length of the current GR-75 model.

• Colicoid likes this
[3] |-o-| [1] {«o»} [3] (-o-) [1] {-o-o-} [1] ≤†≥ [1] /╧\ [1] Defender [1] Phantom [1] <Φ>
[3] >:♦:< [1] ¤±¤ [2] -/•\- [2] † [1] ┴■┴ [1] «ow?» [1] ◄ttHtt► [2] •-:ô:- [2] .-A-. [1] •-«÷»
[4]-:ô:-[2] ¤±¤ [2] }■{ [4] ¬Θ⌐ [2] «¬≡⌐»

#4 s1n

s1n

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

Very interesting...

I think maybe Wookie Captive might be too pricey. I love the boarding party. Trophy Rack is way more expensive than Recon Spec but essentially does the same thing.

The scale would essentially make this a huge ship though, weighing in at about 9 inches.

#5 Colicoid

Colicoid

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

Yeah I was trying to not make it overpowered, and really capture that idea of a bounty hunting, slave-taking ship. I realize it would be quite large, but still…it’s an iconic part of the Star Wars canon (specifically the Hound’s Tooth), so I hope FFG will take some ideas from this for use in the real game. Eventually Imperial and Scum will need their own huge ships too. 

#6 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:29 PM

Uhhh...a zero GREEN square is the very definition of overpowered.

• godofcheese likes this
Be seeing you.

#7 Colicoid

Colicoid

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:38 PM

Might be a little….but the ship also has very limited maneuverability AND would have to be a huge ship. I think the Green 0 is necessary so that it’s not simply immediately running into every asteroid. 

#8 Jedhead

Jedhead

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:42 PM

That dial... WAAAY too much green.  And a green stop is insanity no matter what else is going down.

"Much the same sort of talk can still be heard among the orc-minded; dreary and repetitive with hatred and contempt, too long removed from good to retain even verbal vigour, save in the ears of those to whom only the squalid sounds strong."  -J.R.R. Tolkien

#9 Colicoid

Colicoid

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:44 PM

That dial... WAAAY too much green.  And a green stop is insanity no matter what else is going down.

Well like I said it was just a stab at the idea. Feel free to suggest a better dial. The YV-666 is supposed to be pretty maneuverable despite its size. 

#10 Levi Porphyrogenitus

Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

No way is Bossk PS8. He'd be a 7 at best.

#11 ChiSoxBoy

ChiSoxBoy

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:55 PM

I read someone suggest that maybe a Scum large ship could have a long/wide base instead of a square one, just to shake things up and lend more differentiation to the Scum faction. If FFG ever considered doing that, Hound's Tooth would be a great candidate for a rectangular based large ship 

• Colicoid likes this

Rebs: 4Z, 3X, 2B, 2A, 1Y, 1E, 1HWK, 1YT1300

Imps: 5F, 3I, 2B, 1P, 1D, 1A, 1Firespray, 1Lambda

Scum: None yet

#12 Jordan Peacock

Jordan Peacock

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:57 PM

I'd love a YV-666. The problem I see with it...is the scale. It is almost two times the length of the falcon. It's 63 meters long. The Decimator is 43 and that thing is huuuuuuge. So as much as I want the YV-666. It is very unlikely we will get it.

I've been struggling with this already, since I built a 1:270 scale YV-666 for my own games.  It's just too big for anything BUT having a couple of large bases support it, a la the Epic ships ... but even so, it's just not quite big enough be quite as plausible to sweep aside fighters that happen to get in its way, and I get the impression it needs to be a bit more maneuverable than a CR90 or GR75.  It'd be nice to have some sort of intermediate class.

• Colicoid likes this

#13 markcsoul

markcsoul

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:00 PM

It does seem like they listen to the fans...a number of things people have really wanted have come true

Huge Ships

Several EU ships were highly demanded such as the defender, outrider, and virago

3rd faction

fixes to current ships in the form of aces and other new upgrades/abilities/etc (only exception now is the advanced, and possibly the tie bomber)

So besides the advanced fix and imperial huge ships, and MAYBE one or two eu ships that are still in high demand, the only other thing in high demand are prequel ships.

Let our voices be heard FFG!!

• Colicoid likes this

REBEL: 2 A-Wings, 2 B-Wings, 1 E-Wing, 3 X-Wings, 1 Y-Wing, 1 Z-95, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 GR-75

IMPERIAL: 1 Advanced, 1 Bomber, 2 Defenders, 3 Fighters, 3 Interceptors, 1 Phantom, 2 Firesprays, 1 Shuttle

SCUM: TBD

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS