• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Crabbok

Crabbok

The Doctor

• Members
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:16 AM

So after looking at this some more It is clearly a torpedo slot, and is pretty clear that it is not a torpedo (that much is obvious). 

It also very much seems to say "Your u....."    so the u is most likely indicative that it says "Your upgrade bar", hence you can reasonably conclude that it is giving your upgrade bar something.   Likely a bomb slot.   

However... IF that is true, I see an issue.   You see, the Y-Wing has 2 torpedo slots.   Suddenly the Y-Wing is a better bomber than the TIE bomber?    What would be stopping you from using 2 bombs on a Y-Wing!    Ion Turret - Proton Bomb, and Prox Mine, all in a single turn....

But what if it's not restricted ONLY to Y-Wings.   Then a Slave 1 Title can in theory give the a Firespray an extra bomb slot.  Bombers could hold three bombs....  but X-Wings too?      Honestly IMO it should consume TWO torpedo slots to offer a bomb slot... this way a Y-Wing and B-Wing could still get one, while bombers can get up to two.  

But what if it's Scum-only... but not restricted to Y-WIng.    Still, you make Y-WIngs the best bomber... but you also can give the Slave-1 the option of a second bomb.   Putting the TIE Bomber in 3rd place for bombing capability.  

#42 Engine25

Engine25

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:23 AM

It looks like it says Y-wing ___________

I'd assume that's Y-wing only, and the faction limitation is typically on the same line.  Doesn't look like there's enough room for that.  It may have the "Limited" modifier below the Y-wing word, but again, doesn't look like it.  So, theoretically, the Y-wing could get double bombs.

• Crabbok likes this
Just another stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf-Herder bidding you, Fly Casual.

#43 Glentopher

Glentopher

Huge Member

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:28 AM

What if the points cost is actually a torpedo slot icon?

Scum: 1 Firespray, 1 HWK, 2 Y-Wing's, 4 Z-95's

#44 Crabbok

Crabbok

The Doctor

• Members
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:31 AM

What if the points cost is actually a torpedo slot icon?

That would be acceptable.   Unique though, but it could work. 

#45 Swedge

Swedge

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:40 AM

what the Y really really needs a a Crew slot!!!  somebody may have said that but i am to lazy to scroll through all the posts!!  lol

anybody in the Sumter S.C. area???

#46 Glentopher

Glentopher

Huge Member

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:44 AM

I don't think the Y wing will get a crew slot.

It doesn't NEED it, it doesn't really need anything, its good as is, but nice it's getting new things. The b-wing already got crew so I guess something more interesting will happen in the title.

#47 Crabbok

Crabbok

The Doctor

• Members
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:02 AM

I think the fact that there are crew being sold with the Y-Wing, is a heavy indicator that it very well may see a crew slot in the not-too-distant future.  

#48 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

I think the fact that there are crew being sold with the Y-Wing, is a heavy indicator that it very well may see a crew slot in the not-too-distant future.

It's pretty easy to explain that by the fact that the Firespray and HWK are included in the same package.

As someone else pointed out upthread (well, in some recent thread...), the weapons systems officer in the Y-wing is the one operating the turret, so I'm not sure we'll see a crew slot--unless we had the opportunity to trade the turret slot for crew, and that doesn't seem like a good trade on a ship that's otherwise stuck at 2 Attack and a moderate or poor dial.

#49 Crabbok

Crabbok

The Doctor

• Members
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

It's pretty easy to explain that by the fact that the Firespray and HWK are included in the same package.

As someone else pointed out upthread (well, in some recent thread...), the weapons systems officer in the Y-wing is the one operating the turret, so I'm not sure we'll see a crew slot--unless we had the opportunity to trade the turret slot for crew, and that doesn't seem like a good trade on a ship that's otherwise stuck at 2 Attack and a moderate or poor dial.

Naturally, 

However... The Y-Wing clearly has room for two.   I'm expecting it will see a crew slot.  it MAY not be in this pack, but I'm willing to bet that at SOME point, Y-Wings WILL see a crew option.  Maybe not for both factions that use it... maybe just rebels... but I'm thinking that if the B-Wing of all ships, was given one... then there's no reason for the Y-Wings to not have a similar option.  

#50 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

Naturally, 

However... The Y-Wing clearly has room for two.   I'm expecting it will see a crew slot.  it MAY not be in this pack, but I'm willing to bet that at SOME point, Y-Wings WILL see a crew option.  Maybe not for both factions that use it... maybe just rebels... but I'm thinking that if the B-Wing of all ships, was given one... then there's no reason for the Y-Wings to not have a similar option.

The reason is that there's a precedent in canon for B-wings carrying passengers, but the duties of the Y-wing's gunner are fairly narrowly defined.

#51 Crabbok

Crabbok

The Doctor

• Members
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:30 AM

Does he shoot the turret?   It could easily be a turret card that grants the crew.   Or maybe even a special modification that allows only very specific upgrades, like only crew cards costing 5 or more may be equipped - allowing Luke, or Gunner to go in there.   

I'm just saying there are a ton of ways to do it.  

#52 Glentopher

Glentopher

Huge Member

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

but I'm thinking that if the B-Wing of all ships, was given one... then there's no reason for the Y-Wings to not have a similar option.  

This is exactly the reason why I don't think it will, this is the y wing aces pack, so future pack? No I doubt it.

The designers don't want every ship to have every option and the rebels have the hwk for turret/crew and another small ship for crew in the b-wing.

I think your conviction seems more like hope? But don't you think it would be cooler if the y wing got a bit of unique treatment rather than doing the same as the B-wing?

Edited by Glentopher, 18 August 2014 - 11:46 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS