• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Glentopher

Glentopher

Huge Member

• Members
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:23 PM

There's no doubt that this card from the announcement is a Y-Wing only torp upgrade that adds a bomb upgrade icon. The only question is if it will be Scum only. (and what the cost will be but i guess free)

XCwtNp5.png

Edited by Glentopher, 16 August 2014 - 02:25 PM.

• haslo, aadh, Texx and 5 others like this
Scum: 1 Firespray, 1 HWK, 2 Y-Wing's, 4 Z-95's

#2 dandirk

dandirk

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

No doubt... because there are no bomb tokens shown like with IG-2000 expansion and FFG always provides tokens for everything to be used.

• haslo, stegocent, gentgeen and 1 other like this

#3 aadh

aadh

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

I don't think it's Scum only. The first line likely says "Y-Wing only."

• oddeye, ObiWonka and Marinealver like this

Rebel— 12 X-Wing | 10 Y-Wing | 6 A-Wing | 6 B-Wing | 2 YT-1300 | 3 HWK-290 | 2 GR-75 | 1 CR-90 | 3 Z-95 | 3 E-Wing

Imperial— 18 TIE/ln | 18 TIE/in | 8 TIE/sa | 4 TIE/x1 | 3 Firespray-31 | 2 Lambda | 3 TIE Defender | 3 TIE Phantom

#4 Glentopher

Glentopher

Huge Member

• Members
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

No doubt... because there are no bomb tokens shown like with IG-2000 expansion and FFG always provides tokens for everything to be used.

What? Yes there are. What?

That's what I think too.

Edited by Glentopher, 16 August 2014 - 02:33 PM.

• Popn618 likes this

#5 dandirk

dandirk

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

That would be a big plus for Y-wing in general.

#6 ChiSoxBoy

ChiSoxBoy

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

Considering that there's two of those upgrades in the box and you only get one Scum Y-Wing, I would guess Y-Wing only as well 

Rebs: 4Z, 3X, 2B, 2A, 1Y, 1E, 1HWK, 1YT1300

Imps: 5F, 3I, 2B, 1P, 1D, 1A, 1Firespray, 1Lambda

Scum: None yet

#7 Glentopher

Glentopher

Huge Member

• Members
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

Considering that there's two of those upgrades in the box and you only get one Scum Y-Wing, I would guess Y-Wing only as well 

That's not really an indication becasue you get 2 Y-wing dials and 2 lots of generic cards too.

• oneway likes this

#8 MajorJuggler

MajorJuggler

MathWinger

• Members
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:36 PM

Hm. So we still don't have a reason to take a Y-wing without an Ion Cannon Turret. A basic Y-wing without a turret is overcosted by about 2 points, I was hoping for an Ion Cannon Upgrade slot that would have a negative cost and give a Bomb or Crew slot, so you could actually fly naked Y-wings competitively.

#9 ChiSoxBoy

ChiSoxBoy

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:36 PM

That's not really an indication becasue you get 2 Y-wing dials and 2 lots of generic cards too.

You'd have to have another Y-Wing to use the second dial, wouldn't you? So they're telling you that you can use a Y-Wing if you already own one =) If you bought a second Most Wanted box you'd have 4 bomb upgrade cards, 4 Y-Wing dials, but only 2 Y-Wings

#10 Glentopher

Glentopher

Huge Member

• Members
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:37 PM

You'd have to have another Y-Wing to use the second dial, wouldn't you? So they're telling you that you can use a Y-Wing if you already own one =) If you bought a second Most Wanted box you'd have 4 bomb upgrade cards, 4 Y-Wing dials, but only 2 Y-Wings

Yeah but the actual model is the same as the rebel one just different paint. Same principle as the HWK and firespray, they are gibing you 2 scum y-wings in the box provided you have a rebel one.

#11 Glentopher

Glentopher

Huge Member

• Members
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:38 PM

Hm. So we still don't have a reason to take a Y-wing without an Ion Cannon Turret. A basic Y-wing without a turret is overcosted by about 2 points, I was hoping for an Ion Cannon Upgrade slot that would have a negative cost and give a Bomb or Crew slot, so you could actually fly naked Y-wings competitively.

None of the cards are spoiled yet so there could be a decent alternate turret in there.

• DagobahDave likes this

#12 ChiSoxBoy

ChiSoxBoy

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:38 PM

Yeah but the actual model is the same as the rebel one just different paint. Same principle as the HWK and firespray, they are gibing you 2 scum y-wings in the box provided you have a rebel one.

I see what you're saying now. So there's still the possibility that the bomb upgrade could be Scum only. My bad

#13 Skargoth

Skargoth

• Members
  • 640 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:39 PM

Wouldn't each Y-wing potentially need two of those "Bomb Refits" to coincide with the two Torp slots? I hope Most Wanted comes with 4, or even 3.

You don't need to strip your miniatures, painting over is fine. No, there should not be a fourth faction, three is the magic number for countering flavor lists and to break up faction distribution. Someone else has likely thought up and posted your amazing new build, so you don't need to stroke your ego when reposting it. The prequels sucked and so would a game based on it. YES, there should be a Custom Forum for terrain and repaints! Moving on...

#14 dandirk

dandirk

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:41 PM

What? Yes there are. What?

The Most Wanted Expansion pic doesn't have any bomb cards (including rule card), or tokens.  The IG-2000 has those things, so did every ship that was able to use bombs.

IF the Torp card gave a bomb slot, it would be the first time FFG gave an ability and didn't include the cards/tokens to use it in the specific expansion.  

I will say this is the first time an "swap slot" fixer card has been used for a token ability like bombs, rather then just generic upgrade cards.

Edited by dandirk, 16 August 2014 - 02:43 PM.

• stegocent likes this

#15 FTS Gecko

FTS Gecko

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

Autoblaster Turret?

"I can't see you... but you WILL take damage..."

• Radarman5 likes this

Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges!

#16 MajorJuggler

MajorJuggler

MathWinger

• Members
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

None of the cards are spoiled yet so there could be a decent alternate turret in there.

Autoblaster Turret?

"I can't see you... but you WILL take damage..."

To both above: but what I really want is a competitively viable way to take Y-wings without any turret weapon at all, of any kind.

• Bipolar Potter and ID X T like this

#17 Glentopher

Glentopher

Huge Member

• Members
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

To both above: but what I really want is a competitively viable way to take Y-wings without any turret weapon at all, of any kind.

Use a different ship?

• Blail Blerg and Slain309 like this

#18 YwingAce

YwingAce

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:59 PM

can you scroll over with magnifying gear and see what the title is then? I assume it adds a crew slot

Rebel Alliance: 2 X-wings, 1 Y-wing, 1 A-wing, 1 B-wing, 1 Hwk-290, 1 Yt-1300, 1 E-wing

Imperial Navy: 4 Tie Fighters, 3 Tie Interceptors, 1 Tie Advanced, 1 Tie Bomber, 1 Lambda, 1 Firespray-31, 1 Tie Defender, 1 Tie Phantom

"Pretty, what do we blow up first?" - Wraith Squadron motto

GREEDO SHOT FIRST! *Ducks under cover*

#19 YwingAce

YwingAce

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

there is another turret upgrade in there, 1st card in the spread.

Rebel Alliance: 2 X-wings, 1 Y-wing, 1 A-wing, 1 B-wing, 1 Hwk-290, 1 Yt-1300, 1 E-wing

Imperial Navy: 4 Tie Fighters, 3 Tie Interceptors, 1 Tie Advanced, 1 Tie Bomber, 1 Lambda, 1 Firespray-31, 1 Tie Defender, 1 Tie Phantom

"Pretty, what do we blow up first?" - Wraith Squadron motto

GREEDO SHOT FIRST! *Ducks under cover*

#20 seanie4199

seanie4199

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

I am pretty sure that the slave 1 title gave torps but you didn't get any torps in the box
  • Disgruntled and Crabbok like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS