Photo

Educate me on how the Y-Wing is awesome. Go!

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 LavaDragon0308

LavaDragon0308

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:49 PM

I just recently picked up a Y-Wing, and was underwhelmed, and I am sure it's because I am not using it right.  Give me your thoughts on the Y-Wing, especially it's strengths and synergy with other ships.

As always, thanks for your insight to the game.  This is a great forum, and I appreciate the time you spend answering my posts.

O

Dutch Vander with ion cannon turret + R7-T1 = good combo

#42 LavaDragon0308

LavaDragon0308

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:53 PM

Flying your opponent of the board is the funniest thing in this game. That's enough for me.

Dude, I got within an inch of doing that to a Defender the first time my friend used one. My whole gameplan was to take his shiny new ship out of the fight and it almost worked.

that happend to me with the phantom so next game i did it to his shuttle.

#43 LavaDragon0308

LavaDragon0308

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:57 PM

I just recently picked up a Y-Wing, and was underwhelmed, and I am sure it's because I am not using it right.  Give me your thoughts on the Y-Wing, especially it's strengths and synergy with other ships.

As always, thanks for your insight to the game.  This is a great forum, and I appreciate the time you spend answering my posts.

O

Dutch Vander with ion cannon turret + R7-T1 = good combo

Sorry i forgot to say this makes him gain a target lock then boost and share a target lock for free. this is the only way i can fly a Y-wing.

#44 LavaDragon0308

LavaDragon0308

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:00 PM

The problem I see with putting predator on Dutch is that you want Dutch to be target locking as often as possible to make use of his ability.  So Dutch should have re-roles from tl, making predator useless except for turns where Dutch gets no actions.  And I think 4 points is too steep for an insurance ability.

It's a bit pricey, but I'm still looking for other synergies that would tap into the TL ability. If only I could get FCS onto a Y. :D

Kyle katarn or ptl.

#45 Bipolar Potter

Bipolar Potter

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:31 PM

Im running Dutch with Ion Turret and R5-K6, a Gold Squadron with Ion and R3-A2, and 2-3 Z-95s dressed to taste. And it wrecks. Phantom drivers dont pay much attention to the Gold Squadron til they're stressed, and then they stay stressed and cloaked or they get ioned AND stressed and die. I usually run Airen Cracken with Wingman in the back taking pot shots and clearing stress, and either Lt blount and fit some missles in, or take 2 Bandits.

#46 Dagonet

Dagonet

• Members
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:42 PM

Would this fly nicely? 

Horton Salm (25)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
R2-D6 (1)
Veteran Instincts (1)

"Dutch" Vander (23)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
R7-T1 (3)

Ibtisam (28)
Elusiveness (2)
Sensor Jammer (4)
Ion Cannon (3)

Total: 100

And my wife likes Y-Wings, so she'll be flying this against me soon:

Dagger Squadron Pilot (24)

Gray Squadron Pilot (20)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
R2 Astromech (1)

Times two.

#47 Marinealver

Marinealver

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:21 AM

Would this fly nicely? 

Horton Salm (25)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
R2-D6 (1)
Veteran Instincts (1)

"Dutch" Vander (23)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
R7-T1 (3)

Ibtisam (28)
Elusiveness (2)
Sensor Jammer (4)
Ion Cannon (3)

Total: 100

And my wife likes Y-Wings, so she'll be flying this against me soon:

Dagger Squadron Pilot (24)

Gray Squadron Pilot (20)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
R2 Astromech (1)

Times two.

Out of experience Horton works best with proton torpedoes. With the Ion Turret being range 1-2 and Horton ability being range 2-3 I find the synergy is not as good as you would have with double proton or double flechette torps.

• Dagonet likes this

You can always start another round if you lost the last one.

#48 Sel Antilles

Sel Antilles

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:05 AM

Y-wings paired with Hobbie Klivian with R3-A2 are awesome! In a recent match with one of my friends, I ionized Turr Phenir and shot him again with my second Y-wing. He had already pushed the limit, so next turn, he was directly in front of an asteroid. The he went through it, and landed a third hit. It was a revelation to me about Y-wings, which I had already liked.

Rebel Fleet 3 X-wings 2 Y-wings "wishbone" 1 YT-1300 Capital Ships 1 GR-75 "whale"

Imperial Forces 4 TIE Fighters "eyeball" 1 TIE Advanced "bright" 1 Firespray-31

Production Line  1 A-wing "slim" 1 TIE Interceptor "squint"

Fly Casual. :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS