Photo

Force & Destiny: What does this inspire you to do?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 copperbell

copperbell

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:27 AM

Well some of you have bought the book, others are waiting on their copy whilst the rest wait with baited breath for it to be released so we can all discover what the latest Beta reveals!

From what's been said in the other thread has made me set this thread up so we can discuss what we'd like to play, what adventure ideas has been inspired even if you're relying on whats been said only!

I'd go on at length but this is just the introduction to let you cut loose those creative impulses and those who do have the books to mention what has caught their fancy!

Plus you never know when a certain someone(s) might actually notice the new Beta needs its own forum before the other thread reaches page 1000!

So... off you go!

#2 Lareg

Lareg

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:47 AM

I m still mulling over it, kinda attracted by the sentinel shadow and also by a more combat oriented spec like the guardian. Kinda unsure how to buold it as i have to choose between developing the force powers, and raising the force rating, or the lightsaber abilites. Will definitsly have to multispec, but still not clear abou the most effective way of doing it. As for the background i'm thinking of a padawan who ended up frozen on carbonite, transported inside a ship, the ship crashed and he was found after 18-19 years and thawed.

No idea of the adventures you can run, beside looking for other force sensitives, lost jedi enclaves and talismans, maybe sabotaging the inquisition, but that's really risky. I can se jedi characters beter inan Age setting helping ghe rebellion in various missions, maybe chased by the inquisition to keep them busy.

Edited by Lareg, 16 August 2014 - 06:48 AM.

#3 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:47 AM

Once I have it I will start putting together my Sithyanki Invasion campaign.
  • kaosoe likes this

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#4 Lareg

Lareg

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:50 AM

What's a sithyanki?

#5 Ghostofman

Ghostofman

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:06 AM

Sith from New England.
  • jordiver2, Atraangelis, Jegergryte and 8 others like this

MAGIC HEADPHONES PROTECT ME FROM THE SPACE!

#6 Lorne

Lorne

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

500px-InvasionOfTheedGame.jpg

Since F&D is the last piece in the puzzle I need to complete a conversion of this one shot, I'm doing so right now in my pajamas.

• jordiver2, Gallandro, Donovan Morningfire and 4 others like this

#7 Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

What's a sithyanki?

It's a reference to the Githyanki invasion of D&D fame.

CorellianCrafts.com is now live! Be sure to check it out for hand-made Star Wars dice bags and accessories!

#8 Lareg

Lareg

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:36 AM

Oh right, i had forgotten those suckers from d&d. And i even played neverwinter nights 2, or was it 3?

Well the vorpal mod to a lightsaber would be interesting. :P

#9 Gallandro

Gallandro

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:02 AM

I'll be relaunching my PT era campaign set in the waning days of the Cline Wars, eventually moving into the Dark Times.

#10 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:39 AM

What's a sithyanki?

It refers to a campaign idea I had many years ago that combined elements from the Githyanki Invasion series of articles in Dragon and Dungeon and the Dark Side supplement from the d20 Star Wars line. This was long before the Lost Tribe of the Sith and Legacy.
Basically a rogue faction of Sith disappear into to Unknown Regions only to reappear about a 100 years after the events of the original trilogy. Much like the Legacy comics it would combine many elements like rebellion, Jedi, Sith, war and so on.
  • Jedi Ronin likes this

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#11 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:26 AM

Well some of you have bought the book, others are waiting on their copy whilst the rest wait with baited breath for it to be released so we can all discover what the latest Beta reveals!

From what's been said in the other thread has made me set this thread up so we can discuss what we'd like to play, what adventure ideas has been inspired even if you're relying on whats been said only!

I'd go on at length but this is just the introduction to let you cut loose those creative impulses and those who do have the books to mention what has caught their fancy!

Plus you never know when a certain someone(s) might actually notice the new Beta needs its own forum before the other thread reaches page 1000!

So... off you go!

I've had it awhile although I've GMed.  I think I'd kind of like to dive head first into going all Force powers.  Do like a Seer Sage thing and run my FR up, coupled with working up several of the Force powers.  I'd like to not even use a Lightsaber and maybe just use open hand Brawl as my only fighting skill.  I figured it would be a long haul but an interesting character to advance narratively and a challenge to play tactically.

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#12 Rakaydos

Rakaydos

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:29 AM

I would like to try  "Jedi Master" game, with 1000 XP or so thrown around.

• Jedi Ronin and 2P51 like this

#13 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:31 AM

I would like to try  "Jedi Master" game, with 1000 XP or so thrown around.

Waves of Stormtroopers and over the top monsters coming at 3 or 4 purpose built guys could be a fun one off or compressed 2 or 3 game arc.

• Jamwes likes this

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#14 knasserII

knasserII

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:36 AM

Bad guys. I'm very happy with the focus of EotE for a campaign. However, I do like to throw in the odd googly. PCs will likely run into Asoka (as an adult) at some point. She left the temple and the order before Order #66 so you can make a reasonable case if anyone survived she had a good chance to. Even if found - which she'd have a very good chance of not being - she's technically not a Jedi so the clones may not have turned on her.

At any rate, I'll be statting up the adult version. She wont be more than a one-shot side-character here then gone. But I still want to do it and it should make players jump as she'll possibly be their first run in with a Force user.

I'd also like them to have a run-in with Vader one day. Just to really put the mynocks up them.

Edited by knasserII, 16 August 2014 - 09:38 AM.

I lack credentials.

#15 knasserII

knasserII

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:37 AM

Since F&D is the last piece in the puzzle I need to complete a conversion of this one shot, I'm doing so right now in my pajamas.

Pyjamas are probably the appropriate attire for the job anyway given that Jedi and Sith outfits are mostly a mash-up of PJs and dressing gowns anyway.
  • Maelora likes this

I lack credentials.

#16 Joker Two

Joker Two

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

So... off you go!

To be fair, it hasn't been officially announced through the website yet, and it isn't available to the general public.

My group's tracking down leads on Jedi history, either through relatives or new contacts.  When F&D was announced, we instantly agreed to suspend our current campaign and play a side campaign, re-enacting the stories the group hears from various sources.

• copperbell and whafrog like this

#17 Maelora

Maelora

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:51 AM

It inspired me to take the plunge and reskin the returning Jedi (the expected 'good guys') as the main antagonists.

The Empire mostly does it for power or for the 'evulz', but these guys really believe they are in the right and that they can do anything they want for the greater good.

They're not exactly firebombing orphanages, but they are determined to restore themselves to the top of the food chain as kingmakers and judges of all that is righteous. And if that means stealing stormtrooper factories, making deals with the Seperatists and the Sith, and stomping all over the rights of small Force traditions, so be it.

It oddly enough leaves the PCs in a very similar position to the canon 'New Jedi Order', rebuilding a sane and just tradition under Luke.  What really differs with us is the nature of the antagonists.

#18 Agatheron

Agatheron

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:01 PM

I think I'll be using it more modestly, adding the Morality mechanic to my player who just went force-sensitive. I'll have a read on how it works, but I think having it in place for anyone who chooses to become force-sensitive in my game would be a handy gauge. While the character would have the mechanic, and it could trigger in the same way Obligation will, Morality will not prevent characters from spending XP. 

Official Contributor: Age of Rebellion: Stay on Target

#19 Lanuria

Lanuria

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:03 PM

Currently, my husband and I are working on translating some of the skillsets and options to make our SWTOR Jedi/Sith for a campaign set in the Old Republic Era. We changed around the starting XP (and Knight level play) to be 200 plus starting, most likely going to add lightsaber to each class because we are trying to get the system to reflect the fact that the Order is still around a kicking and Jedi would be much more trained.

Here is his Jedi's character sheet currently. In swtor, he's a Shadow, but ICly, he's just a Knight that uses a two-handed saber. I'm still working on my Jedi...can't decide which career works best for her!

It has been A LOT of fun working with the system already and looking forward to it. If anyone wants to chitchat about our idea, feel free to let me know!

#20 awayputurwpn

awayputurwpn

• Members
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

5 words: KotOR.

6 more words: KotOR II.
  • Jegergryte, Jedi Ronin, kaosoe and 1 other like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS