Gaze into the future of FFG!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 DavenQuint

DavenQuint

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

Pretty bummed that there wasn't at least one new product announcement for either EotE or AoR at GenCon. 

• 2P51 likes this

"You can always count on a Hutt to do whatever is in his best interest--even when it's not." -Colten Zurey

#22 Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

Pretty bummed that there wasn't at least one new product announcement for either EotE or AoR at GenCon. 

It wasn't announced, but we got an unintended sneak-peak at an upcoming product for Age of Rebellion.

Behold!

Bu8AftUIYAA1JA6.jpg

"Stay on Target," presumably the Ace sourcebook for Age of Rebellion.

Plus, y'know, there's the whole Force and Destiny thing.

• I. J. Thompson and Alderaan Crumbs like this

CorellianCrafts.com is now live! Be sure to check it out for hand-made Star Wars dice bags and accessories!

#23 PrettyHaley

PrettyHaley

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:03 PM

I don't make my situation a big deal. I don't hide it when it needs to be brought up but I don't bring it up all the time, either. Maybe if I had, I'd have learned about the good quality, OCR'd scans. Considering I've destroyed a book trying to make my own scan....

Well, I think that says enough, :)

- Haley

#24 Psion

Psion

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:16 PM

It wasn't announced, but we got an unintended sneak-peak at an upcoming product for Age of Rebellion.

Behold!

(*Awesome pic snipped for space*)

"Stay on Target," presumably the Ace sourcebook for Age of Rebellion.

Plus, y'know, there's the whole Force and Destiny thing.

Sneaky, good detective work there.  At least it means there are plans even if FFG hasn't decided to announce them yet.  And yes, the Force and Destiny beta...  Honestly I'm really not that interested in playing Jedi. Edge of Empire looks like where I'll be at if I break down and try to get into it.

#25 Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:28 PM

Sneaky, good detective work there. 

No detective work on my part, actually. All credit goes to RRunner for pointing it out in the Age of Rebellion forums.

Edit: Typo.

Edited by Yoshiyahu, 17 August 2014 - 10:28 PM.

CorellianCrafts.com is now live! Be sure to check it out for hand-made Star Wars dice bags and accessories!

#26 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:39 PM

I'm surprised also, but that Day 4 video with Sam talks about the release of the Beta announcement stuff this week so maybe there will be other RPG stuff announced as well this week.  I don't fault FFG though because those mini games are just stupid money for them so I can see wanting to focus shelf space and efforts on X Wing and Armada.

• kaosoe likes this

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#27 GMmL

GMmL

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:43 AM

I was pretty underwhelmed by the GenCon rollout this year as a whole, not just FFG. Just didn't seem very exciting. A few things peaked my interest but I just didn't see any "must haves" like years past.

#28 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 977 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:13 AM

On the pdf topic, FFG has just announced a Star Wars board game - they didn't have license to produce those before, so contracts can certainly change. Do they offer pdfs of any of their other stuff?

Also, nice to see about Stay On Target. :)

Edited by I. J. Thompson, 18 August 2014 - 07:14 AM.

• kaosoe and GMmL like this

#29 Desslok

Desslok

• Members
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

Don't get me wrong, I play X-Wing, so the new ships is cool and I like the concept of Armada (despite the pricetag), so those were nice - but yeah, I cant help feeling underwhelmed that beyond the Beta (and even that didn't get announced) and some NPC cards, we got nothing.

• 2P51 likes this

#30 PrettyHaley

PrettyHaley

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:10 PM

Don't get me wrong, I play X-Wing, so the new ships is cool and I like the concept of Armada (despite the pricetag), so those were nice - but yeah, I cant help feeling underwhelmed that beyond the Beta (and even that didn't get announced) and some NPC cards, we got nothing.

Well.. It got you to post this thread. I accidentally hijacked it. And things were discussed. As a result, during a loooooong car ride this Saturday, I'll be listening to the EotE rules. :)

My birthday is Sunday. One present came early.

Edited by PrettyHaley, 18 August 2014 - 08:12 PM.

• erik_wolff, Desslok, kaosoe and 5 others like this

- Haley

#31 Orjo Creld

Orjo Creld

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:12 AM

Please, please, please publish at least one EoE adventure a year. Make it a major event, like at Christmas or Memorial Day.

• kaosoe likes this

#32 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:15 AM

We know we have Stay on Target as a Q4 offering.  So I would think an EoE splatbook and a regional source book for the other two Q4 items to round out this year.

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#33 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:16 AM

Maybe an adventure where you're trying to get back home to Kashyyyk for Life Day!

With rules on cooking...

harvey-korman-star-wars.jpg

Bartending...

star_wars_holiday.jpg

and virtual reality entertainment!

hqdefault.jpg

• R2builder likes this

EOTE Styles and Dice Symbols for Obsidian Portal

Our group's EOTE Obsidian Portal: Explorers on the Edge

#34 R2builder

R2builder

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

And disguise techniques:

8-12_zps4f13fde9.jpg

1c56745db0e6ba9fdc1a689eab4b0f8d_400x100

• progressions likes this

Please check out our group and leave comments at: https://edge-of-the-...dianportal.com/

#35 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:29 AM

And challenges for the Performer as well:

EOTE Styles and Dice Symbols for Obsidian Portal

Our group's EOTE Obsidian Portal: Explorers on the Edge

#36 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:38 AM

On the pdf topic, FFG has just announced a Star Wars board game - they didn't have license to produce those before, so contracts can certainly change. Do they offer pdfs of any of their other stuff?

Also, nice to see about Stay On Target. :)

FFG does have PDFs available on sites like RPGnow for other systems/settings, like the various WHF/WH40K settings.

#37 Gaheriet

Gaheriet

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

They make good and interesting games, I have no issue shelling them money.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS