Photo

Next Saga Expansion: The Treason Of Saruman!

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1 13thcaesar

13thcaesar

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:22 AM

10355808_331824463652047_665261709700277

• Glaurung likes this

#2 Teamjimby

Teamjimby

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:24 AM

Photo credit is Grey Company.  Also per Grey Company, Aragorn is the fellowship hero!

• danpoage likes this

#3 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:24 AM

:(

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#4 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:29 AM

COOOOOOL!!! Saruman as a bad boy! Will see!

• Nickpes likes this

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#5 Teamjimby

Teamjimby

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:32 AM

Next cycle announced, too.  Deluxe is "Lost Realm", set in Angmar.  Cycle is "Angmar Awakened".

• richsabre, Mndela, Olorin93 and 1 other like this

#6 blinky

blinky

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

Next cycle announced, too.  Deluxe is "Lost Realm", set in Angmar.  Cycle is "Angmar Awakened".

BvF6QIeIEAEiimV.jpg

Picture from Team Covenant. I think they got a bit confused and think this is another saga expansion.

Edited by blinky, 15 August 2014 - 10:34 AM.

#7 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:41 AM

I know nothing of Angmar, Lost Realms or whatsoever. Who dwells there? Of those, who will become the player cards - heroes, allies. etc. I mean.

#8 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

i almost nearly swore in excitment :)

angmar... im guessing it will be dunedain, spirit enemies, wraits ... wights etc.. there lost realms is referring to the different areas of Arnor im guessing ..Cardolan, Rhudaur and so on

Edited by richsabre, 15 August 2014 - 10:49 AM.

• legolas18, Catastrophic09 and Nickpes like this

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#9 Epi Lepi

Epi Lepi

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

Probably going to see some Witch-King action.

#10 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

yes Angmar at last!!! Witch-King my favourite hero in Lotr!!!! I love to see that North Kingdom and see that War between Angmar and Arnor.....Maybe we will see a siege of Anuminas??????  and Legendary battle between Glorifindel and Wich-King?? When King flee with fear from Glorifindel??? Anyway very cool!!! Im so exiting!!! My childhood become alive!!! 

• Djenni, Nickpes, Dwarf king Bronze beard and 3 others like this

#11 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

Well, it's about time Dunedain got some synergy going on for them.

#12 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

So freaking cool, they are going to really be able to continue to flex their creative muscle for the narrative for this. Lots of Dunedain support I'm guessing with likely a sprinkling of noldor along with a little of everything I'm sure. Very excited of course. And is the color of the box black? Fitting and full of suspense, someone needs to check that color thread from a few months ago to see who guessed it first.

Treason of Isengard: obviously awesome but hard to get too hyped about it since I doubt we'll see it for a very long time (if the road darkens timetable is any indicator)

Also interesting and I think a good and cool decision to make the fellowship hero Aragorn although I wonder how that affects if you were using him/or wanted to use him in campaign mode for previous and future quests
  • richsabre likes this

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#13 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

you just know the artwork for this cycle is going to be ******** awesome

whom do i kiss for coming up with this idea eh? haha

ps - interesting lore decisions to be made here, i need to check the appendices timeline, but we certainly shouldnt see the epic confrontation between glorfindel and witch king again (unless he went back for more? :D)... but angmar was deserted i believe though its no way too much of a stretch to have it..as the box says.. awakened... and its said that the downs were awakened by the witch king also...

so, the storyline... perhaps we start off in rivendell.? and instead of saruman this time its gandalf

spoiler.............................

(as the current storyline shows we are heading west for this anyways after our business in isengard is done)

mt gundabad is close to angmar, so more goblins... :) who said they wanted more?!

Edited by richsabre, 15 August 2014 - 11:05 AM.

• Djenni likes this

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#14 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

So freaking cool, they are going to really be able to continue to flex their creative muscle for the narrative for this. Lots of Dunedain support I'm guessing with likely a sprinkling of noldor along with a little of everything I'm sure. Very excited of course. And is the color of the box black? Fitting and full of suspense, someone needs to check that color thread from a few months ago to see who guessed it first.

Treason of Isengard: obviously awesome but hard to get too hyped about it since I doubt we'll see it for a very long time (if the road darkens timetable is any indicator)

Also interesting and I think a good and cool decision to make the fellowship hero Aragorn although I wonder how that affects if you were using him/or wanted to use him in campaign mode for previous and future quests

Actually story Frodo and Sam spit here with story of Others members of fellowship... so it mean there will be story only about Aragorn Glimly Legolas and Others

#15 Teamjimby

Teamjimby

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

I believe I heard them say "early next year" for Treason of Isengard.  So... probably Q3.  But that would at least be sooner than Road Darkens.

• 13edl@m likes this

#16 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

Wow, there's so much new stuff... pretty excited. The Lost Realm will be great, it was basically what people were expecting, the northern realms, Angmar, Rangers, evil spirits, pretty cool! Looking forward to this cycle. Treason of Saruman seems like it'll be awesomely epic. Battle of the Hornburg at last! What I'm curious to see is how they'll handle the new Fellowship hero Aragorn. He'll obviously not be a ring-bearer, that's for sure, and since he'll become king later we have to protect him. An equivalent to Frodo ringbearer basically, makes sense. But how will this work with the other Frodo saga heroes? I suppose you still have to have a ring-bearer, but at the same time Aragorn? How will that work?

• klaymen_sk, richsabre and Glaurung like this

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#17 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

I'm obviously aware of how the storyline proceeds; I was trying to convey rather how I found it interesting that it seems they will leave out a "ring-bearer" rather than trying to work Frodo and Sam's journey in just for the sake of doing it but firmly splitting each saga expansion as each "book" is

#18 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

Didn't we get some card spoilers or back of the box spoilers from "voice of Isen" at last years gen-con? Here's hoping they have a model flipped over for the attendees to check out
  • Gizlivadi and Nickpes like this

#19 FetaCheese

FetaCheese

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

The good news is that Lotr LCG has been confirmed as one of FFG best selling products! So it's safe tto assume they will be supporting the game for a long time to come.
  • divinityofnumber, richsabre, Glaurung and 4 others like this

#20 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:03 PM

Cool stuff!
I really like the lost realm box art.

Now lets have some card spoilers! :)
  • richsabre and Djenni like this
"Not all those who wander are lost"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS