Photo

Will all expansions work simultaneously?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

a blizzard in a desert in real life:

http://www.dailymail...nter-storm.html

http://fineartameric...a-lehtonen.html

http://protechrvtrav...t-blizzard.html

Edited by DomaGB, 21 August 2014 - 04:41 PM.

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

#22 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:10 PM

Basically,

We expect the unusual in Talisman.  And we get it.

#23 FFGbailey

FFGbailey

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:40 PM

• talismanisland likes this

#24 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

A true blast from the past.

Now I want "Talisman - The Inquisition"   A NPC type game where a traveling circus of wing nuts goes around judging everyone - but with real bite - "I'm not a Witch" < imagine high pitched Monty Pythonish voice>

#25 Osbo25

Osbo25

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

I'll throw in my two cents, for whatever it's worth.

We currently have all of the expansions except for The Firelands (I just learned of its existence and my wife has said I will get it for my birthday in September) and The Nether Realm (honestly, I'm not interested in this one).  We play all expansions with every game.

Part of this is because once you combine all of the Adventure Cards together it's time consuming to separate them out again.

Part of this is because if I took the time (and money) to get all of the expansions, I want to play all of the expansions, and we really don't play all that often.

Part of this is because the Talisman world is awesome with all of the pieces in play.  It takes an expert in the game to keep everything in order and make sure all of the different nuances are followed.

I have found that with everything in play, we oftentimes forget about moving the Reaper and the Werewolf.  Meh.  No big deal.

When it comes to the Dragon expansion, I agree that the board can get overrun with scales very quickly.  Our house rule is that each Dragon Lord must collect six scales before being crowned king instead of three.  That helps to stem the tide.  I like the idea of drawing them only during the day or only during the night.  I might try that.

We've had it happen where players ignore each other, and we've had it happen where players interact.  Usually if the players ignore each other then all of the extra maps get played.  If players interact then one or more of the extra maps gets ignored.  It just depends on what's happening, what gets drawn, and the mood of the players in that particular game.

I'm really looking forward to The Woodland coming out.  If it's out by Christmas then that's going to be my Christmas present.  (Hey, FFG: Did you hear that?  BEFORE CHRISTMAS would be a great release goal!)

On a personal note, my older brother introduced me to the 2nd edition of Talisman when I was only 7 years old, back in 1987.  I've loved it ever since.

• PzVIE likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS