wildling bidding hiding tokens

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bloodravens bastard

bloodravens bastard

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:49 PM

In the rule book it states that prior to any bidding, each players power tokens must be visible for all players to see.

Then it says, Whenever players are instructed to bid in the game ( such as for a position on the influence track or to stave off wildling attacks) it is good practice for all players to first announce their total available power tokens.

Should we be showing all of our available tokens before bidding on the iron throne, fiefdom, raven, and wildling attacks? Are all of these mentioned above considered "bidding"?

Me and my friends haven't been doing it before the wildling attack, we weren't sure because of the wording "good practice". So I'm just wondering if we let everyone know how many power tokens we have before any bidding? And if the Wilding attack is considered a bidding?

#2 ThunderCloud

ThunderCloud

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:20 PM

I can only attest to the gameplay for that of my group.  During our gameplay we place all our existing supply of PT in front of our screen in plain view of all the other players.  Once the "bidding" round for anything comes up; Wildlings Atttack or Influence Tracks we then place our PT behind our screen and proceed to secret bidding. 

As far as announcing how many PT we have, that's something we do not do.  If we base "good practise" as a rule then perhaps the rule book needs to make it clearer instead of implying "good practise".  Is it good practise to allow your enemy into your strategy?  No, however, it is good practise to refer to the rules whenever you are in doubt of procedure, NOT strategy.  I would have to say that it is not up to you (the player) to remind everyone to be on top of their game and look at all the opportunities that lie before you in plain sight.  Such as spent player cards, available power tokens, whether the Valyrian Steel has been used, whether the Messenger Raven has been used.

Hope this helps and stimulates more response.

#3 LeeTaeEun

LeeTaeEun

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:13 AM

As far as I know... the point of telling how many you have is to lessen the need to count it yourself for every player in the game all the time. Its far easier to just say your number then hide all of it in your hands when bidding continues. If you want to make the game harder and the need to stay focused is important then by all means keep playing as you did. I dont see how you're doing anything wrong, but the players must be given the time to count your PTs since they MUST KNOW how many you have. I found out it only makes the game longer with no real fun involved.

Edited by LeeTaeEun, 14 August 2014 - 02:14 AM.

#4 bloodravens bastard

bloodravens bastard

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS