It's Official: 3rd Ed is done

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 Superchunk

Superchunk

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

I'm willing to sell all of my 3E stuff. It's all been opened but never used. I literally had no players that wanted to try it more than 1 session.

I have almost all of the 3E stuff and it's all been sorted and ready to go. I threw out the boxes it came in, but I have all the bits and pieces, cards, books, dice, etc.

Let me know what you're interested in and we can work out a price and shipping etc. I'm on Paypal so payment is quite safe via that service and I've already sold the Adventurer's Toolkit to a guy in Florida successfully using it.

#62 Faster than Jesus

Faster than Jesus

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:26 AM

I have an order with Wayland for Lure of Power, 7 days in and still no dispatch. I am becoming less hopeful 

I just successfully got a copy from Orcs Nest. They have a few other supplements in stock, too. Unfortunatley, I had not seen the announcement of the discontinuation until after I placed my order, otherwise I would have ordered everything I could that is missing from my collection.

• ElCommi likes this

#63 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

I queried FFG customer service about the future of the forum and they replied, 

"We have no plans to shut down the forums at this time.  We want to give fans a native place to hang out and chit-cha about the things they love with the product." 

Edited by valvorik, 21 August 2014 - 09:33 AM.

• d6 Evil Men, k7e9, x13phantom and 1 other like this

#64 ElCommi

ElCommi

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:54 AM

I have an order with Wayland for Lure of Power, 7 days in and still no dispatch. I am becoming less hopeful 

I just successfully got a copy from Orcs Nest. They have a few other supplements in stock, too. Unfortunatley, I had not seen the announcement of the discontinuation until after I placed my order, otherwise I would have ordered everything I could that is missing from my collection.

Never heard of Orcs nest until now. I'll have to keep an eye there. Looks like it has a lot!

My Enemy Within came this morning. I'm impressed at the size of the campaign book. And a little daunted!

#65 GoblynKing

GoblynKing

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:33 AM

I queried FFG customer service about the future of the forum and they replied, 

"We have no plans to shut down the forums at this time.  We want to give fans a native place to hang out and chit-cha about the things they love with the product." 

My guess is that they'll keep the forums up until the license is sold to someone else OR until a new edition is released in-house (if that's something they'll do).

• ragnar63 likes this

#66 Kogan Style

Kogan Style

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:57 AM

Hey all, I've just had my order with Wayland Games refunded as their supplier has confirmed that the supplements are discontinued and they will be getting nothing in.

#67 Noelyuk

Noelyuk

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:01 AM

Kogan

It's definitely still floating around on Amazon. But I'd be quick if I were you.

#68 Carcosa

Carcosa

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:27 AM

What country are you in Kogan?

#69 ElCommi

ElCommi

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:43 AM

Hey all, I've just had my order with Wayland Games refunded as their supplier has confirmed that the supplements are discontinued and they will be getting nothing in.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can find a copy of it still.

#70 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:59 PM

They will have to start with 2E as that system is owned by GW. The 3E system is owned by FFG (hence why the use a version of it in star wars). With any luck Black Library will take it back over and continue where 2E left off or take 2E and adjust it with some of the 40K RPG rules (but hopefully not the traits and such rules for how to buy advances, skills and talents, that system is horrid).

#71 scifirabbi

scifirabbi

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:18 PM

I have a radical suggestion!  I have been playing Savage worlds for several years now and am preparing a Warhammer campaign using that system.  But I would really appreciate an (offical!) version for that system.  This leads to an interesting possibility.  Rather than make A new edition, perhaps FFG could do what Green Ronin did for its Freeport setting and create pdf rulesets for the Warhammer Fantasy setting for a few of the more popular generic systems available, plus a systems neutral book for background.  Specifically I was thinking Savage Worlds, FATE and Pathfinder, all of which have open licences.  This way people can use all the material they aleady have from other editions (or just the systems neutral book if new to the setting) and play with their favorite generic system.  Perhaps this could be expanded by digital only releases and print on demand as is teh current model for the new World of darkness line.

#72 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:45 AM

I do not think that End Times are a bad setting for WFRP it all depends on how You want to play and on what aspects would the game focus. One of the ways to use End Times is to create a games that would take agents and military units in a fight against invasions. It could be similar to Age of Rebelion for SW. ther other could focus on heresy and the enemy within so smaybe in the way Dark Heresy is. So it's not a bad time for the setting.

I see WFRP 4e as ging into more then one line. Using custom dice similar to WFRP 3e and SW, and with a very narrative and cinematic feeling o the game. Based on The End Times and how Nagash 1st tome looks I can see the game going into more epic and heroic so maybe that is the way that WFRp should go. Besides it all loks like all humans will unite agiainst other foes, just like elves unite. So it looks like a lot of space for Bretonians (they play a large part in rise of Nagash) and Empire as playable races. The setting is getting a breath of fresh air and I like it.

I think The End Times can open many doors for WFRP that can make out of it a big new and exciting game.

cheers

#73 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,485 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:57 AM

It doesn't have to have a new system for that. Either system can be "hero-ized" as they are.

#74 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,610 posts

Posted Today, 10:16 AM

I have a radical suggestion!  I have been playing Savage worlds for several years now and am preparing a Warhammer campaign using that system.  But I would really appreciate an (offical!) version for that system.  This leads to an interesting possibility.  Rather than make A new edition, perhaps FFG could do what Green Ronin did for its Freeport setting and create pdf rulesets for the Warhammer Fantasy setting for a few of the more popular generic systems available, plus a systems neutral book for background.  Specifically I was thinking Savage Worlds, FATE and Pathfinder, all of which have open licences.  This way people can use all the material they aleady have from other editions (or just the systems neutral book if new to the setting) and play with their favorite generic system.  Perhaps this could be expanded by digital only releases and print on demand as is teh current model for the new World of darkness line.

While I like SW, I like TOR even more. Doing a conversion of 2nd ed with a hint of 3rd here and there. Combat has been reworked to have a lot more options. All 2nd ed careers will be converted plus apothecary from sigmars heirs (an even number pf careers just worked better for my layout and I want to do something nice with alchemy. There's a thread on the main forum you can check out. It won't be that long before I'm done.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS