Really enjoying this game so far and will be purchasing all the expansions on Friday
So I have a few questions. Please be as specific as you can. Thank you very much in advance for taking the time to answer.
1) I've seen a lot of diagrams about cross-compatibility, and yet others that say its fine if you're using everything.
- Dunwhich Horror
- Innsmouth Horror
- Kingsport Horror
- Black Goat
- Dark Pharaoh (get revised)
- The lurker at the threshold
This is the intended order/list I'll be getting on Friday, is there anything missing?
2) I enjoy long games and I was wondering what this means for the expansion. I mean technically if you have an ancient one with 13 HP and let's pretend that every mythos is a gate card so let's say 15-16 rounds. That's not really enough to fully experience the whole expanded board is it? (If the expansions extend the game I'll be very happy )
3) The Terrible Experiment. Seen so many topics on this yet none of them answer my question. Let's pretend there are 3 creatures on the card, you wait until your encounter phase and decide to face them, what happens in the following scenarios:
- You engage the creature but fail a combat check. Do you need to evade or can you just end combat when you please?
- Can you fight 1 by 1 as you see fit? Or do you need to pre-select how many you will be facing?
- Monster tells you to return it to the cup and collect an item instead. (Therefore you do not collect this as a trophy and it overrides the card?)
4) Equipment trading. So technically you can trade equipment so long as it is after the movement phase and you still occupy the same space? (ie Investigator uses a magical weapon, after the encounter decides to trade it to another investigator occcupying the same space?)
5) What is the prioritization of targets? ie Let's pretend in the same space there is a monster and a clue? I guess you engage the monster first since combat takes place in the movement phase and then so long as you are still conscious/sane you collect the clue if you still occupy the same space?
6) Bank loans. So technically I can take a 10$ loan, trade the money and items to someone, then simply wait for the fail and lose nothing ?
7) Combat check sequences. Do you have to commit your intended bonuses BEFORE the fight or can you do it 'on the fly'. ie I commit 1 hand to a weapon and fail the check, then I decide to commit my 2nd hand to a weapon and then I attempt the check or must I say I'm committing both hands and attempting the check in 1 shot.
8) After combat is initiated, does it loop? ie I begin combat, pass the horror check and fail combat and take the damage. Can I stop combat or must I begin a new round until either the monster or investigator are defeated?
9) Discard piles. So there are no discard piles everything unless removed from play goes under its respective deck?
10) Reshuffling. I always reshuffle the location decks, but items/mythos/other world encounters I do not (unless specified or something causes me to look through them). This seem plausible?