What got you into warhammer/ 40K?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 Baerzark

Baerzark

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:02 PM

It was the mid-90's I was 12 or 13.  I walked into my local comic shop and saw the mini's.  The guy that worked there was really good at painting, made the mini's look awesome.  So awesome in fact that I went and bought some.  Found out a couple days later It was a kick-ass board game using modeled terrain.  Hooked.For.Life.

#42 spector

spector

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:54 AM

Ok, so its 1990 and im in the Complete Strategist in NYC, I was taken there by my pure chance, I saw the book of Rogue Trader in the window.  After looking around for an hour of searching i found the Rogue Trader book and was so taken away by the cover of the Imperial Fist, I thought the art was so incredible the space marines fighting to their last.  I thought to myself I just had to have it at any cost so I stole it.

My first time role playing experience was with that rogue trader book, the adventures in the back of the book were so cool; those were awesome days (I still have that book).  We used star trek episode for adventure ideas.  Never saw the game as “Grim Dark” in those days just saw it as a dystopian sci fi.

Been hooked ever since (not on stealing), I think at one point I had every WH40k book that had come out since then and lost it and purchased them again and subsequently lost half again.  Such is life.  

I eventually blew massive amounts of cash at getting a several hundred miniatures and (enough for a chapter and a half maybe) never painted any or took them out of the blisters/boxes (I just didn’t have the time).  My wife harasses me about all the boxes of figs and wants me to get rid of them, I tell her that Imperium of the God Emperor was here before she arrived and will be here long after she is gone.  (She laughs)

Been hooked on RPG’ing TT it became a big part of my life since then which is amazing when you consider all the other possibilities are lives may take.

I feel Rpging in general really changes the way you view the world (the real one).

• Robin Graves likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS