Photo

Cersei vs Darius in the dominance phase ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 M0ng0

M0ng0

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:36 AM

Played core game last week - Targ vs Lannister

Opponent had Darius (with dragons blood) and no money and i had Cersei (still standing) and 2 gold - when dominance started. I wanted to use my 2 gold and kneel Cersei at use her ability but oppenant said as his card says "At the begining of dominance pay for Darius" that i had to do that 1st.

Cersei card just says dominance phase - Surely that means at any point during dominance (Ei at the start before i had to pay for Darius)

Can you please clarify

Regards

Mongo

#2 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:56 AM

I assume you mean Daario Naharis.

"Dominance" means "at any opportunity for action in the dominance phase". "At the beginning of the dominance phase" comes before that and also before counting strength and gold for dominance. Look at the timing diagrams in the FAQ for more details.

#3 M0ng0

M0ng0

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:23 AM

The Timings diagrams ? is that the one on the back of the rules book - as i cant find a link on this site ?

#4 Slothgodfather

Slothgodfather

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:37 AM

The FAQ can be found here, and you are looking for page 23 specifically.  Look at page 21 to see how the timing of each Framework Action Window and Player Action Window break down.

EDIT:

Since Daario's ability is at the "start" of Dominance, it will happen during the "passives" step of the Framework Action Window when the phase begins.  Since Cersei's ability is a "Dominance" ability, it can only be triggered during the Player Action Window.

Additional note, since this is likely your first time looking at the FAQ, it isn't really as bad as it seems.  It does take a bit of time getting used to and I highly suggest printing it out to have with you as you play games. Also, here is an excellent thread for new players that really helps.

Edited by Slothgodfather, 12 August 2014 - 08:42 AM.

• Devon Greatwolf likes this

#5 M0ng0

M0ng0

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:48 AM

My thanks sir - I'm sure ill be back with more questions

Mongo

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS