Mndela

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:40 PM

vinilo-comic-oh-my-god.jpg

Fast, today i have bought 3Trials

I love the new hero Haldir ^^

PD: and Lembas!

Edited by Mndela, 11 August 2014 - 02:47 PM.

• richsabre likes this

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#3 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

O Lorien! Hello Silvan deck!

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#4 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

Me likes it!

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#5 Teamjimby

Teamjimby

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

Wow, full spoilers this early!  Haldir looks great, although he makes the Faramir Hero even more unplayable than before.

#6 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

O Lorien! Hello Silvan deck!

We are ready now to build a decent-good silvan deck ^^

Edited by Mndela, 11 August 2014 - 03:08 PM.

• Raven1015 likes this

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#7 Jekzer

Jekzer

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

Continuing the "not too powerful but overal balanced" tendency on the cicle, I like Lembas (finally!) and "O Lórien!" a lot.

The new Hero Haldir, I don't know, with Rivendel Bow he can help to clean other players, and as I understand what the card says, he can also attack the staging area, right? It's a nice ability, although I expected a bit more. Maybe a Lore hero to accompany Celeborn and help to pay for other silvan cards, so you can combine several spheres behind Celeborn's banner.

• Gizlivadi and Olorin93 like this

#8 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

I still need to make up my mind about haldir.
Seems he has a build in Hands on the bow ability, for in the combat phase.
Which is a great card to use outside the combat phase...

O lorien is great for a silvan deck of course, most of the other cards are just....ok.

This packs player cards score a 'meh' on my spoil-o-meter.

Edited by Noccus, 11 August 2014 - 03:20 PM.

"Not all those who wander are lost"

#9 Jekzer

Jekzer

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

The more I think about a Celeborn - Haldir - Legolas arrangement, the more interest awakens me...

Yeah maybe he has a "nice shot"   :P  in a deck like this. 

#10 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

He's good for trap decks too I'm thinking
  • jormungandr likes this
"Not all those who wander are lost"

#11 Teamjimby

Teamjimby

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

I'm thinking Haldir - Merry- Pippin (Lore).  Between noiseless movement, feint, hands upon the bow, and take no notice, you might not ever need to defend.  And Haldir will be able to quest, too, once we get Wingfoot.

Part of me wishes he had more Silvan synergy, but I'm also glad that he isn't pigeon-holed into that deck type.

• jormungandr and Jekzer like this

#12 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

Leaving aside his ability, 3 attack for 9 threat in Lore is pretty awesome.

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#13 Glowwyrm

Glowwyrm

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:42 PM

What a great pack!  Not only can we finally build working Silvan decks, but there are lots of great cards in there.  I really like what they're doing with the cards in this cycle, and the more packs that get released, the more I like it.

Free to Choose is going to be a rockstar card.  Great for secrecy decks because it gives you some insurance against doomed and threat raising encounter cards, and as a response, it can protect against threat raises during setup.  It will also be a must-have for Into Ithilien (I see you Watcher in the Woods) and other scenarios that raise your threat like crazy.  And in multiplayer, it will help the Spirit player keep their threat low so that you can use your Galadrihm's Greeting on the other players. 

• Glaurung likes this

#14 blinky

blinky

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:51 PM

Free to Choose is going to be a rockstar card.  Great for secrecy decks because it gives you some insurance against doomed and threat raising encounter cards, and as a response, it can protect against threat raises during setup.  It will also be a must-have for Into Ithilien (I see you Watcher in the Woods) and other scenarios that raise your threat like crazy.  And in multiplayer, it will help the Spirit player keep their threat low so that you can use your Galadrihm's Greeting on the other players. 

Especially if you have more than one in your hand. Turns nasty threat raises into big reductions. Add in Elfhelm just to rub it in even further (Disturbed Waters anyone?). :)

And good point about the setup threat gains. Nice to see something other than Eleanor that can do that.

Edited by blinky, 11 August 2014 - 03:54 PM.

• Glaurung likes this

#15 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

Dunhere + Haldir seems like a natural combo, pair with Bard/Yew Bow on the other side of the table and feed Haldir Rivendell Blades, spears for Dunhere.  Would make a nice 3-way team to assault the staging area, but I wouldn't want to put all three of those guys into a single deck due to threat.

#16 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

Continuing the "not too powerful but overal balanced" tendency on the cicle, I like Lembas (finally!) and "O Lórien!" a lot.

I agree, we needed some more powerful cards, still the power level of these cards is pretty good overall.

I really liked the player cards, but I still don't know what to think about Herald of Anorien. On one hand he basically puts more leadership weenies into play, but on the other hand I don't like the fact that he is a weenie himself. I would've liked better a Gondor leadership ally with 2 or more strength, to have a good attacker in the Leadership Gondor deck with Boromir, IMO that's something that deck lacks, but I still think he works well. Also Defender of the Naith is going to die the first attack and can't even quest. What's its purpose?

The rest of the cards though are amazing, especially O Lorien! and Lembas. The two spirit events are pretty good as well as the other allies. This quest seems extremely brutal IMO.

And also the return of my talented fellow Chilean Carolina Eade! O Lorien looks like another version of her Galadreil art from back in the day.

Edited by Gizlivadi, 11 August 2014 - 04:07 PM.

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#17 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

http://ffgapp.com/qr/MEC28

• richsabre likes this

#18 entMoot

entMoot

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

I like the Herald of Anorien. He lets you put a free ally into play like Bill the Pony or the Rivendell Scout but is good for decks that care about Gondor, don't have Sam, won't be in Secrecy, etc. Since he doesn't care about what sphere the ally is, he'll act as resource smoothing some of the time. The downside of course (besides the doomed) is you have to actually have another ally in hand to get his benefit. I will definitely be trying him out.

Looking ahead, the Herald is another way of dropping in one of the "little" Ents (who enter play exhausted) while providing a meaty body for the current round. Sure he won't be doing much attacking, but just having the extra willpower/chump block can make a difference.

Edit: I also look forward to having another cheap boost for Willpower in the card Courage Awakened. One of my favorite 'mini-games' is to see how low I can score on Passage Through Mirkwood, and clearing out Stage 1 in the first Round requires 11-13 WP off of ~2 Spirit resources.

Edited by entMoot, 11 August 2014 - 04:34 PM.

#19 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:34 PM

I get that he was not meant for combat except as a chump, but I just wish they had done an attacking ally instead. And now that I think of it, there are many "utility" allies of cost 2 or less: Master of the Forge, Imladris Stargazer, to name a few off the top of my head. So yeah, opinion totally changed about him, he's pretty decent.

Since he can play allies off sphere I imagine a 4 sphere deck of just all-around good 2-cost allies, using of course leadership to use the Herald, also spirit to recycle the herald many times and swarm with 2 cost allies, of which the deck is moslty composed, having of course more leadership and spirit allies. It could work.

Edited by Gizlivadi, 11 August 2014 - 04:39 PM.

#20 blinky

blinky

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

I like the Herald of Anorien. He lets you put a free ally into play like Bill the Pony or the Rivendell Scout but is good for decks that care about Gondor, don't have Sam, won't be in Secrecy, etc. Since he doesn't care about what sphere the ally is, he'll act as resource smoothing some of the time. The downside of course (besides the doomed) is you have to actually have another ally in hand to get his benefit. I will definitely be trying him out.

There's quite a few 1 and 2 cost allies with 'enters play' effects he could combo with as well. Things like Envoy of Pelargir, Naith Guide, even a Miner of the Iron Hills.

Most importantly though, you can get a free use of Keen-eyed Took.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS