Sylvanian Heraldry?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ElCommi

ElCommi

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

Does anyone have a URL I can access to find some information on Sylvanian heraldry (minor noble houses mostly).
I'm running a scenario that will involve a lord and wanted to fluff it up a bit.,

#2 crimsonsun

crimsonsun

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

Not sure about heraldry, I will look for you but there colours are quartered Dark Green and White.... I will see what I can find. I know I have details of the Von Draks somewhere...

Obvious ones are the Wolf and Bat, I know they are in one of the Warhammer Army books unsurprisingly but I cannot find which one (I just skimmed, 4th, 5th -vampire, & 8th edition, along with Nights Dark masters but I dont have my 6th and 7th edtion books with me atm,).

Edited by crimsonsun, 15 August 2014 - 11:13 AM.

The Question of Khaine

"A God named Khaine, A God of Murder and death and bloodshed, only the willfully blind could not see this is none other than the Blood Lord Himself, cloaked in one of his many guises to beguile and trick those who might otherwise repel him!"

-The Liber Chaotica

#3 jackdays

jackdays

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

Sylvanian colours seem to be black and red (and yellow). You got Dragon pictures (holding a sword), then others have just skull and skull & hourglass. This is from the Warhammer Uniforms and Heraldry sourcebook.

Examples: Black shield where you got red skull. Black flag, with red dragon and yellow sword (small yellow imperial cross in the left upper corner.

Edited by jackdays, 16 August 2014 - 08:17 AM.

• ElCommi likes this

Welcome to grim and perilous Norsca. Welcome to www.kalevalahammer.com

Enter freely and of your own free will, and leave some of your happiness...

kalevalahammer@gmail.com

#4 ElCommi

ElCommi

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

Thanks. Some useful ideas. I flicked through my WFB Vampire Counts (6th ed, and 8th?) and couldn't find too much. ONly the Black & Red Banner with the red dragon.

I may have to look out for a copy of the Uniforms and Heraldry book. I have the Skaven variant, but never picked up the Empire.

#5 crimsonsun

crimsonsun

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

Apologises I was slightly mistaken, Slyvannia is in Stirland and Stirlands colours are Green and Yellow.

The Question of Khaine

"A God named Khaine, A God of Murder and death and bloodshed, only the willfully blind could not see this is none other than the Blood Lord Himself, cloaked in one of his many guises to beguile and trick those who might otherwise repel him!"

-The Liber Chaotica

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS