Prices

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rhtm70

rhtm70

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:36 PM

Hey guys. I'm selling my collection of cards which include two core sets and three Hoth packs. They have all been opened and played at most twice, some of them not at all. What I want to know is what I should try to get out of them? I know it's generally frowned upon to post topics trying to sell so I thought I would just ask how much could I expect to get out of them. Thanks

#2 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:43 PM

It might help to check out what people are selling their collections for on eBay. This isn't a "collectible" card game, so you don't take as big of a hit as you would trying to resell something like that.

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 5 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/ADV, 1 TIE/IN, 1 Firespray-31

#3 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:47 AM

May I ask why you're selling your cards? Do you not enjoy the game anymore? Do you not have anyone to play it with? Or is this purely a monetary reason?

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 5 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/ADV, 1 TIE/IN, 1 Firespray-31

#4 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:22 AM

The tough part about selling these cards is that people can get a brand-new pack from online retailers for 2/3 the suggested retail value. That means you can't expect to get any more than that and probably have to go lower.

I tried to sell my cards at 50% retail value, but nobody bought them in the free week that ebay let me post them. After they didn't sell, I started to feel like Bilbo and the One Ring, and I was loathe to part with my collection. [It is precious to me!] I'm really glad I didn't let it go! But that's beside the point. I was trying to entice people to buy my collection with all the regional prizes I had, but nobody wanted my collection at half off; they just wanted the prizes.

If you're really into games, you might try making a trade through boardgamegeek.com instead of outright selling them. Maybe somebody will have a game you want to trade for.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS