No Prequel game

• Please log in to reply
310 replies to this topic

#301 z0m4d

z0m4d

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:07 AM

FFG recently stated they're staying Galactic Civil War era and beyond.

http://community.fan...-ships-settled/
  • Bakura83 likes this

#302 Forgottenlore

Forgottenlore

Midnight Dreary

• Members
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:09 AM

Had to go look them over before I could give an informed reply. I'm again going to call those the same game just with different skins.

I agree. I was just pointing out that FFG has a history of doing this, taking basically the same game mechanics but changing the focus of the setting and background (not even actually making it a different setting, just changing the focus) and releasing it as a separate game. As you say, it's primarily a marketing decision. Both approaches have pros and cons, but FFGs history suggests that if they were to release clone wars era ships, this is how they would do it.

More examples, FFG just announced their new "end of the world" RPGs, which I assume will share the same rules system but appear to be separate but thematically linked settings and, of course, the world of darkness games, which may gave been the first RPGs to use the same system as different games in the same setting.

Does seem to be most common with RPGs though, doesn't it.

Thanks, Troy

Once Upon a Midnight Dreary....

#303 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:31 PM

So by now, we don't have a prequel factions or ships, HURRAAAA¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡, greettings.

Edited by Kaxel Vofer, 18 September 2014 - 03:32 PM.

"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

#304 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

The Grey

• Members
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:35 PM

Oh goody... it's back.

We've seen them already, we'll see them again.  We'll have them fight each other.  We'll all have fun.  If you don't want that kind of fun, you make the decision not to have it.  

#305 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:25 PM

What???, I love this game, but I don't want to mix with Prequel Ships, I think we don't need it, and I don't like it, I think it has a great ships, but to to get at this game, greettings.

"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

#306 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:43 PM

And some would like the option to share upgrades or fight the PT factions. Your opinion is not the only one.

#307 Captain Lackwit

Captain Lackwit

HWK Pilot

• Members
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:06 PM

HURRAAAA¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

You know, this.

THIS

is the worst part of the thread. Being so, SO enthusiastic about something unconfirmed, something that is subject to change, entirely on a personal basis. This is what bugs me the most.

• UniJustin and Captain Awesome like this

"There's got to be a better way to make a living..." -Kyle Katarn
Resident HWK-290 Enthusiast, Trainee pilot. _\.o./_
Kills: |o| |o| |o| {o} {o} (o) >o<

#308 Millennium Falsehood

Millennium Falsehood

• Members
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:15 PM

Y'know, just to give a little big of lightheartedness, I saw this today and thought it was kind of funny:

7oAUQGN.png

• Rakky Wistol, Bakura83 and ForceSensitive like this

Rebel Alliance: 7 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 4 A-wings, 1 YT-1300, 2 HWK-290s, 3 B-wings, 1 GR-75, 1 CR-90

Galactic Empire: 6 TIE Fighters, 1 TIE Advanced, 2 Firespray-31s, 1 Lambda class Shuttle, 3 TIE Bombers

"Main characters defeat a Star Trek villain? Give 'em a Star Wars celebration!"

#309 ForceSensitive

ForceSensitive

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:22 PM

@Millennium...that's fantastic. Oh and look, the huge ship thread is back too.

#310 z0m4d

z0m4d

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:34 PM

You know, this.THIS
is the worst part of the thread. Being so, SO enthusiastic about something unconfirmed, something that is subject to change, entirely on a personal basis. This is what bugs me the most.

I understand being bugged by the enthusiasm, but it was confirmed by FFG: http://community.fan...-ships-settled/

Edited by z0m4d, 19 September 2014 - 12:11 AM.

#311 John Tenzer

John Tenzer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:05 AM

I wouldn't mind getting a T-6-shuttle for the rebels...

The rest? Not as much...!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS