Question on Tibs' The Show Must Go On Scenario

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfpack48

Wolfpack48

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

I noted that Mythos and Gate cards for Dunwich are not being added even though the expansion board is being used.  I am guessing this was intentional due to the focus on the King in Yellow expansion, but are we still placing clue tokens on the unstable locations on the Dunwich board?  Also, do you recommend the Touring Performance or the Permanent Performance style for this scenario?

Looking forward to playing!  :)

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,501 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:29 AM

I don't think the Dunwich board is in play in that Scenario. If you look at the Scenario rules, you basically transform Yuggoth in Lost Carcosa (remove specific OW entries for Yuggoth for that Scenario, and you treat that space as Lost Carcosa). There is  no need for that if the DH board were in play (you already have a Lost Carcosa OW, and there's no need to have two identical OW areas printed on the board)

Mythos, OW cards, items are all from KiY & AH. No DH items.

Additionally, further Scenarios specific during setup to use all elements from XY expansion (hence, the boards), while this Scenario has not such a clause.

Also, always Permanent (the one with all the cards mixed in, not on top of the decks). Touring performance, unless you know very well the game, ends always in slaughter.

Edited by Julia, 08 August 2014 - 01:30 AM.

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 Wolfpack48

Wolfpack48

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:56 AM

Thanks Julia, that makes sense.

Yeah I was looking at the rules for converting Yuggoth to Lost Carcosa and wondering why we were doing that if we had the board in play -- I got thrown off thinking we were just making it more likely to go there with both the Yuggoth and Carcosa Gate markers in play.  Looking at the scenario as a whole though, it really is just "elements from Dunwich Horror," so the label at the top of the scenario for Dunwich was confusing me.  

We'll start with the Permanent style to get our feet wet.  Thanks again.   :)

Gil

Edited by Wolfpack48, 12 August 2014 - 04:16 PM.

#4 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,501 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:54 AM

Glad I helped :) Pretty sure Chris will give you an official answer, tho :)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#5 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,602 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:23 AM

Not a surprise: Julia has it 100% correct.

;)

#6 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,501 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:34 AM

Not a surprise: Julia has it 100% correct.

;)

*blush*

#7 Wolfpack48

Wolfpack48

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

This one turned into a pretty epic day -- 8 hours of fun (and exhuastion).  I added the session report over on BGG:

http://boardgamegeek...hastur-tattered

Thanks Tibs for a fun scenario and Julia for the clarifications.   :)

Edited by Wolfpack48, 14 August 2014 - 03:56 PM.

#8 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,501 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

Glad you had a nice time! And thanks for the report (read it and commented n the BGG)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS