• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jeno

Jeno

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:30 AM

Hi!

One of my players wants to play with a Kislevit Ice witch, do somebody has some 3rd material for it? 

Thanks

#2 GoblynKing

GoblynKing

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:50 AM

The expansion, The Witch's Song, contains information and components needed to play a Witch and Warlock (the advanced version of the Witch). The background flavor/fluff text is kept vague enough, that if you combine the mechanics with some of the lore found in (2nd Editions) Realm of the Ice Queen you've got yourself a 3rd Ed Kislevite Witch.

#3 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,094 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

Start here:  http://hapimeses.com...a2ab421#msg7132

Use the Kislev 2e book for lists.

Take 3e spells that are equivalent and use those results, but call it "ice".

jh

#4 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:01 PM

Also use the 2e rule that once beyond Kislev and "the land", an Ice Witch's magic is just as risky as anyone else's.

For balance, I suggest really creating an approach that may blend different spells (not all one colour) but is essentially pretty much a college wizard with "icy flavour".

• Emirikol likes this

#5 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:40 PM

I do recall that someone used all the spells and rules for a bright wizard but renamed all spells to fit the ice theme.

Such as Iceblade instead of flaming sword of rhuin and ice bolt instead of fire ball.

That could be a simple way of doing it that doesn't require a lot of house rules. Also it keeps the game balance as if the character was a bright wizard.

#6 crimsonsun

crimsonsun

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

Well this is straight from the presses, with the Return of Nagash it was his forces that stopped Archeaon and Kislev is GONE...

The Question of Khaine

"A God named Khaine, A God of Murder and death and bloodshed, only the willfully blind could not see this is none other than the Blood Lord Himself, cloaked in one of his many guises to beguile and trick those who might otherwise repel him!"

-The Liber Chaotica

#7 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:59 AM

I was never a fan of ice magic, but besides this, I like Kislev and its atmosphere since I played the Enemy Within 1st ed. I will miss it if it is gone in a hypothetical 4th edition.

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS