Resurrecting the Emperor

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Crystal Geyser

Crystal Geyser

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:57 AM

I can't tell whether the responses are due to the utter idiocy of the situation (what Carax did) or the adventure itself (what I let them do.)

Oh, at this rate Erathia, the players won't need time travel to kill each other - they'll just do it themselves.

At this point Sylvester's player is just Done with the whole Reurrecting Primach shenanigans due to the effort of acquiring another Resusatrix Chamber and heisting another one of the Emperor's Sons. The ItaLion Job is likely not to be.

I'm not sure what the current plan is but Sylvester's player is now hugely paranoid of Carax's player and is hesitant on working with him, and given that all our players have recently become very busy, it's looking
like the Operation might be put on hold for a wee bit. This thread's not dead and the campaign is ongoing, but I need to figure out how to get the players over these road blocks to make it fun for everyone.

#62 Amazing Larry

Amazing Larry

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:32 AM

I guess regardless of the game being played and the setting in which it was being played everyone did a story like this one, granted most of them had the excuse of being fourteen.

#63 Crystal Geyser

Crystal Geyser

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:34 AM

It's fun, so we don't need an excuse.

Which might sound preachy, but whatever.

The current, new plans are as follows:

Bubsy is creating an alter ego to establish connections in the rest of the Ecclesiarcy and hopefully take control using new policy in the aftermath of the Guilliman Attack, whereas Bofael wants to lure a band of Dark Angels containing a Watcher or two into a trap so he can interrogate a Watcher as to the state of Lion El'Johnson. 

Poor Sylvester still doesn't know what to do.

#64 Erathia

Erathia

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:51 PM

It's true, as long as you're not hurting anyone else then have all the fun you want. Your story violates Lore like crazy, and honestly should not have been able to work, but it has so let's go forward from here.

Let's go forward from the point where you are the worst monsters in the history of the Imperium.

You have now joined the hallowed ranks of Fulgrim and Horus in having murdered a primarch. The last surviving Primarch (as far as everyone knows shut up Salamanders, Raven Guard, Iron Hands, White Scars and Space Wolves. You're all drunk. Especially you Space Wolves.). No one is going to listen to you. No one is going to help you. The entire Imperium should be in shock and chaos, and at the very least, every Ultramarine in existence wants you and everyone ever connected to you and your Dynasty dead and erased from history.

You're not sitting down to take control of anything. The Assassinorium is coming for you. Navigators will no longer talk to you. The entire Ultramar system should be shut down and thousands of ships converging on you. This is the worst disaster to befall the Imperium since probably Vandire came along. You accomplished what the entirety of Hive Fleet Behemoth couldn't do. Chaos wants to kill you now for making them look bad.

Also how the Hell did your players learn about the Watchers or the survival of the Lion? That is a secret that quite possibly the entirety of the Dark Angels legion doesn't know.

Citizens of Grace! We have defeated both the Dark Eldar and Ork menaces that threatened your system! We need no thanks nor payments, so long as you do not leave the atmosphere during our salvage operations under pain of death! - Jequin Hos of The Hos Dynasty

#65 Crystal Geyser

Crystal Geyser

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:06 PM

I think Bofael is a Veteran of the Long War - for those of you who have never played Black Crusade, those characters are Astarted who have been around since the Great Crusade and have often interacted with their primarchs firsthand.

To be honest, I'm not sure if the campaign is going to continue. Sylvester's player is uncomfortable with working with Bofael's player now because he doesn't trust him out-of-game at all, and Bubsy is in-and-out. So those of you who were adamantly against this campaign can take a breath of deep air - crisis averted, for now.

Thanks to everyone who gave constructive comments and criticism, especially those who managed to put aside their own apprehensions for the purposes of being fair (especially you, Erathia). It's been a great help to me, and hopefully I haven't been pegged as the most batshit crazy GM on the forum (although even if I had, at least its better to live in infamy than die unremembered, as Fabius Bile once said).

If anything new happens I'll post it, but for now the campaign has entered a null zone. Cheers, though. It was fun. Maybe its time to roll up some Dark Heresy characters and investigate a nice, canonical Chaos Cult.

#66 Erathia

Erathia

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:56 PM

Not being able to trust people out of character is one of the reasons why I don't like PCs having secret goals that are in direct opposition to other people. Scheming and backstabbing are fine, as long as out of character everyone is aware of it and they can all have fun. Shame that it feels like people can't be trusted, but this is a not unexpected outcome. Hopefully they can work it out in character.

Roll up some Dark Heresy characters and have them investigate the bizarre occurrences around Maccragre that the Ultramarines are being uncharacteristically standoffish about.

Citizens of Grace! We have defeated both the Dark Eldar and Ork menaces that threatened your system! We need no thanks nor payments, so long as you do not leave the atmosphere during our salvage operations under pain of death! - Jequin Hos of The Hos Dynasty

#67 DeathByGrotz

DeathByGrotz

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:38 AM

TBH, if the inquisitor was planning to, as you said, "dispose of" the CSM along the way, he shouldn't be complaining the got one-upped. Never mind he teamed up with a CSM in the first place. What did he expect? Sunshine and rainbows?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS