Cursed sphere

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nainphy

Nainphy

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

Cursed sphere (new forsaken lore artifact) gives you +2 on all skills. That means you have an imaginary +2 improved tokens on all skills??? So if i already have +2 fight skill from improvement tokens, i can't get the bonus of the cursed sphere for the fight skill because the maximum is +2. Am i right?

I don't know this really because it doesn't say you are getting all these +2 as improvement tokens. You are not improving these skills twice, you are simply getting a bonus. That's why i'm confused.

#2 Devon Greatwolf

Devon Greatwolf

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

Cursed sphere (new forsaken lore artifact) gives you +2 on all skills. That means you have an imaginary +2 improved tokens on all skills??? So if i already have +2 fight skill from improvement tokens, i can't get the bonus of the cursed sphere for the fight skill because the maximum is +2. Am i right?

In my opinion, under my interpretation of the rules I do not believe you are right.

I don't know this really because it doesn't say you are getting all these +2 as improvement tokens. You are not improving these skills twice, you are simply getting a bonus. That's why i'm confused.

I agree with your assessment here that it is a bonus and not further "improvement".

• Julia and klaymen_sk like this

4 X-Wing Core Sets, 2 Imperial Aces, 6 Tie Fighters, 5 Interceptors, 4 Tie Advanced, 2 Bombers, 2 Lamdas, 4 Slave 1's, 1 Tie Defender, 3 X-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 Y-wings, 3 B-wings, 3 YT-1300's, 2 HWK's... Star Wars LCG - 2 Core Sets, 2 EoD, and all expansions through current; Android: Netrunner LCG - 2 Core Sets and all expansions through current; A Game of Thrones LCG - 2 Core Sets and all expansions through current; Elder Sign w/Unseen Forces, Eldritch Horror w/Foresaken Lore, Warhammer Fantasy: Disk Wars with all current expansions

#3 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:09 PM

The wording on the card is rather sound. It states

gain +2 to all skills

keyword here is "gain". If you look at the Holy Water, for instance, it reads "gain +5 Will". It's not an improvement, it's a bonus. Same for Cursed Sphere. It's powerful, yes. But it also curses you, so that actually it's quite a scary one to use for a long time.

• klaymen_sk likes this
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#4 Vala_Melkor

Vala_Melkor

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

Yeah, Julia's right ... the sphere simply gives a +2 bonus across all your skills,

but if you where in a combat encounter with a +3 Auto, that would override

the +2 bonus from the sphere ... Walts

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... [laughs] Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched cBeams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

#5 Nainphy

Nainphy

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:03 AM

Thanks for the answers. Then we were playing correctly here.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS