Photo

WOWIDONTBELIVEITGREAT....umm...wait up...

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 Dichotomy

Dichotomy

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:08 AM

I don't own a tablet or smart phone either.

But I just convinced my friend to preorder it cause he's a casual fan of the vgame and I'm a great salesman.

Problem solved!  :D

Well considering you just posted here...you have 100% of the required equipment to play this game.  Unless you and your three other friends do not between you own a laptop, a decent phone, a cheap tablet, or even a desktop that you could just move to the table if you really wanted too.  If so, I feel super bad for posting this.  Have things gotten any better in Uzbekistan?

I agree for the most part. But there are people, more then a few, from FWC, that would only have a desktop. A desktop may not work to well given that, from what I have read, the app info needs to be at times revealed to all and at other times restricted to the comms officer. 

That said, I personally, like the idea of the app, especially the ability to dynamically react to a players situation, without the need to interpret lengthy flow charts.

• RogalDorn01 likes this

#62 NellaTrebor

NellaTrebor

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:45 PM

Um.. the app is in the player's control. How is not having a device capable of using the app any different than not having a huge table for Arkham Horror + expansions? In fact, I know less people who own a table big enough to play Arkham than I do without smartphones.

I am behind this game all the way and will pick it up as soon as I can.  However, your point does not seem to be very well thought out.  Players without large tables can always play on the floor (I've done this many times).  Groups without a capable device (however unlikely) have no other options.

Edited by NellaTrebor, 07 December 2014 - 02:13 PM.

#63 Bleached Lizard

Bleached Lizard

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:36 PM

I don't own a tablet or smart phone either.

But I just convinced my friend to preorder it cause he's a casual fan of the vgame and I'm a great salesman.

Problem solved!  :D

Well considering you just posted here...you have 100% of the required equipment to play this game.  Unless you and your three other friends do not between you own a laptop, a decent phone, a cheap tablet, or even a desktop that you could just move to the table if you really wanted too.  If so, I feel super bad for posting this.  Have things gotten any better in Uzbekistan?

I agree for the most part. But there are people, more then a few, from FWC, that would only have a desktop. A desktop may not work to well given that, from what I have read, the app info needs to be at times revealed to all and at other times restricted to the comms officer. 

That said, I personally, like the idea of the app, especially the ability to dynamically react to a players situation, without the need to interpret lengthy flow charts.

Your first point is not correct.  Only the Comms Officer (or whatever it's called) needs to see the app, and he relays any relevant information to the other players.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS