Huge ship transportation?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Stonedog

Stonedog

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:37 AM

Has anyone figured out a good way to transport the Tantive and GR75?

#2 Blail Blerg

Blail Blerg

• Members
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:44 AM

the BIG yellow Stanley box fits them very well.  

• Ghaerdon likes this

ROLL RED, STAY THIRSTY FRIENDS. 

#3 Gullwind

Gullwind

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:58 PM

The Transport fits in my Plano tray, and I found a shoebox at Wal-Mart that the Corvette fits in perfectly. A bit of foam to support the fore section and its snug as a bug.

Plus, my wife got a pair of shoes and I got some brownie points.

#4 Pygon

Pygon

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

http://www.amazon.co...=plano 4 pistol

This case has a middle layer of pluck foam and egg shell foam on top and bottom.  I shaped the pluck foam as needed to fit a Tantive and 2 Transports, and cut out portions of the egg shell foam so that the Tantive IV's engines and guns and the Transports didn't get compressed too much.  It works well, not bad for $12.

Here's a pic:  https://scontent-a-o...622422101_n.jpg

I had to put the damage decks. tokens, pilot cards, dials and large pegs elsewhere (I have a couple other cases to hold Waves 1-4), but the huge ship specific upgrade cards fit nicely between the transports and the bases.  I laid the templates on the foam itself, and put the tiles and books between the upper eggshell foam and the plastic of the case.

Edited by Pygon, 05 August 2014 - 08:08 PM.

• gentgeen likes this

Core/Wave 1: 4 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 8 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Advanceds; Wave 2: 2 YT-1300s, 3 A-Wings, 2 Firesprays, 3 TIE Interceptors

Wave 3: 3 B-Wings, 3 TIE Bombers, 3 HWK-290s, 2 Lambda Shuttles; Imperial Aces: 2 Royal Guard Interceptors, 2 Elite Interceptors

Huge ships: 1 Tantive IV, 2 Transports, 2 alternate X-Wings; Rebel Aces: 1 prototype A-Wing, 1 Elite B-Wing

Wave 4: 3 E-Wings, 6 Z95s, 3 TIE Defenders, 3 TIE Phantoms

#5 born to lose

born to lose

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

the BIG yellow Stanley box fits them very well.  

what he said

pic2033453.jpg

#6 Slugrage

Slugrage

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:20 PM

I used a Battlefoam 3.5" layer of 15" x 12.5" pluck foam in a standard size banker's file box. Fits great. Loads of room for Tantive, Transport and all the bits. And enough of a top layer in the box for when/if any Imperial huge ships come - granted, I'll need another pluck tray for it, but that's easy and cost effective considering the amount I've spent on the ships so far.

Core: 3 sets

Rebel: 1 X, 3 Y, 3 A, 2 B, 2 H, 2 YT-1300, 2 E, 4 Z, 1 CR-90, 1 GR-75, 2 Reb Aces, 1 YT-2400

Imperial: 2 T, 3 T/Ad, 4 T/Int, 2 T/Bmb, 2 T/Df, 2T/Ph, 2 Shuttle, 2 Firespray, 2 Imp Aces, 1 VT-49

#7 Eltnot

Eltnot

• Members
  • 980 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:57 PM

My short term transport is the box it came in.  You can squeeze the GR-75 in above the CR-90 where all the rules and cardboard was initially stored.  This works fine for me since it doesn't get carried around on a regular basis.  In the long term, I'll be making foam trays for them when my Battlefoam case finally arrives.

Carpe Jugulum

Spoiler

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS