• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Xalac

Xalac

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:29 AM

Hello!

When it comes to creating a character how do i calculate the stats (brawn, Intellect....)

or is it fixed by the species i choose?

#2 Naglareph

Naglareph

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:33 AM

When you create a PC you start with base stats and then you can use your XP Pool given by that same species.

As I recall it costs ten times the level you want to get to.

May the Force be with you.

I II III IV V VI

#3 Xalac

Xalac

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:36 AM

ah okey thank you!

#4 Orjo Creld

Orjo Creld

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

Start with species

#5 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:44 AM

It's kinda covered in the book, maybe check there :)

• awayputurwpn likes this

EOTE Styles and Dice Symbols for Obsidian Portal

Our group's EOTE Obsidian Portal: Explorers on the Edge

#6 awayputurwpn

awayputurwpn

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:32 AM

Yeah Chapter 2 is very straightforward. I'd recommend a skim through of the rules, and then mock up a practice character using the rules. After that you should have a very good idea of what goes into character creation.

• kaosoe and KevynnRedfern like this

#7 KevynnRedfern

KevynnRedfern

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

Remember when building though, that you have to pay for each rank separately.  No going from Brawn 1 to Brawn 4 for only 40 XP.  It should cost you 90 to get there.  Same goes for Skills (with the hard cap of 2 ranks in a skill at character creation)

Kevynn

• kaosoe likes this

#8 Talkie Toaster

Talkie Toaster

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

Also just spend all your starting XP on stats. It's easier (there's 6 of them and they're all self-explanatory), they're more broadly useful (so it's the better option when you don't know exactly what your campaign & character will be like) and it's the only opportunity you get.

If you have 100XP and a 3:2:2:2:2:1 racial block, you can buy as an example:

3->4 (40xp), 2->3 (30xp), 2->3 (30xp)

A 4:3:3:2:2:1 character will be generally pretty good at a range of things with one clear area of weakness.

#9 awayputurwpn

awayputurwpn

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:57 PM

Also just spend all your starting XP on stats. It's easier (there's 6 of them and they're all self-explanatory), they're more broadly useful (so it's the better option when you don't know exactly what your campaign & character will be like) and it's the only opportunity you get.

If you have 100XP and a 3:2:2:2:2:1 racial block, you can buy as an example:
3->4 (40xp), 2->3 (30xp), 2->3 (30xp)
A 4:3:3:2:2:1 character will be generally pretty good at a range of things with one clear area of weakness.

This is good advice for those wanting the most bang for their buck. You can use the first session's XP (awarded after the session, or sometimes partially awarded mid-session as in the Beginner Game) to buy up a few talents that flesh out your character concept more, but starting skills and characteristics are plenty for a starting character to go on.
  • kaosoe likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS